Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 SSC Beetlejuice figure

Even Bruce is embarassed
6ca561dc927bc777f95b325ebf2691be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems there's better likeness in the Beet than Bruce.

I think I see Keaton in the likeness and looks like the proto but definitely could of been better for the price.

Why are his hands undead?

The hands should be the same color as the face

Beetlejuice_1998_KISSTHEMGOODBYE_1915.jpg

$23 to ship this piece of ****! And if I sent this back to SS, it wouldn't cost anything near that. SS trying to get as much $ as they can out of this. The Batman figures from BvS are super heavy with a heavier stand and more extras, and shipping wasn't even close to this.

99.00 at most....SS is out of their minds...

They better hit the nail on the head with Freddy and Jason .....or else they might be signing their death warrant as a 1/6 company.

Its bad , but the price is the kick in the balls...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The peachy skin tone on those hands is just unbelievable. They look like they're from a different figure.

I mean not a single person involved in the development stopped and said "shouldn't his hands be white like his face"?

Gonna be half off with triple reward points and free shipping this coming Spooktacular.

Yep. I'm not sure why anyone would.buy it at full price right now, even if they are okay with how it turned out. It's going to be having discounted later this year and I don't see any chance of it selling out.

Yep. I'm not sure why anyone would.buy it at full price right now, even if they are okay with how it turned out. It's going to be having discounted later this year and I don't see any chance of it selling out.

I did simply ly for the clothes etc and it was part payments so didn't feel the sting as bad. However I have to say the figure is not that bad its mostly the expression. If a new headsculpt appears then this will be a good shout at $150 or so.

As for people worrying about Ash... The Beetlejuice is actually really close to the prototype. The paint apps are good etc its just the expression on the headsculpt is completely mis-judged. If you like the prototype of ash then I wouldn't be too worried because they proved with this they can get closer than ever to their original vision. But honestly don't waste your money like I did. I have the figure, it looks ok in my detolf with my 2 other Burton characters but the first chance I get to buy a new head I'm doing it.
Also look out for parted out versions of this figure. If you get the suit for a fair price I'd recommend it as its pretty good after futzing.

Ok so I have committed to keeping him. So with that in mind I decided to consider what can be done to save this guy. After trying to get the hair to bend back a bit more at the bottom to allow more of a tilt (didn't seem to work that well) I noticed that the moss/mould/green stuff that is around the outside of his head was just a flat mint green colour. In the movie it was little bit more layered than that with darker greens in thicker parts and lighter brighter green in others. So with a few different natural greens I went about gingerly dry dabbing with a paintbrush around it all. Using 5 different greens I layered and detailed the parts that really need it.
The bulbus head was especially pissing me off so I took a hairdryer to him and heated the whole head back up. I then used a thick padding of kitchen paper and wrapped it around his head. I then used a pair of pliars to squeeze the upper part of the head in a bit (being careful not to dig in too deep to the skull and leave pliar teeth marks). I then used the cold function on the hairdryer to cool it down. Its not perfect but we can all agree its just a little less fat and more keaton-esque. I then added a little bit of green around the hair and lightened the tips like in "da moovie".
4c149bf72c09642b7090375c0d2d9acb.png
ad6d484cde7c97a8ceeb78d83abc8349.jpg
06ae8bb72084b5785ee01023cd209d5f.jpg
96b6e8b01bf5473a7fe457f021a524f8.jpg
5dabb3c1108c0a57149990e2e37fa510.jpg

Last edited:

Ok so I have committed to keeping him. So with that in mind I decided to consider what can be done to save this guy. After trying to get the hair to bend back a bit more at the bottom to allow more of a tilt (didn't seem to work that well) I noticed that the moss/mould/green stuff that is around the outside of his head was just a flat mint green colour. In the movie it was little bit more layered than that with darker greens in thicker parts and lighter brighter green in others. So with a few different natural greens I went about gingerly dry dabbing with a paintbrush around it all. Using 5 different greens I layered and detailed the parts that really need it.
The bulbus head was especially pissing me off so I took a hairdryer to him and head the whole head back up. I then used a thick padding of kitchen paper and wrapped it around his head. I then used a pair of pliars to squeeze the upper part of the head in a bit (being careful not to dig in too deep to the skull and leave pliar teeth marks). I then used the cold function on the hairdryer to cool it down. Its not perfect but we can all agree its just a little less fat and more keaton-esque. I then added a little bit of green around the hair and lightened the tips like in "da moovie".
4c149bf72c09642b7090375c0d2d9acb.png
ad6d484cde7c97a8ceeb78d83abc8349.jpg
06ae8bb72084b5785ee01023cd209d5f.jpg
96b6e8b01bf5473a7fe457f021a524f8.jpg
5dabb3c1108c0a57149990e2e37fa510.jpg

Looks good. The more pics I see of this figure the less dissapointed I seem to get. May grow on me.

Honestly I keep looking at pics on this guy and really starting to dig it even though the price is lame.

I'd hold out either this thing will go on sale or it will get a bootleg it won't be long because bootleggers are pretty clever I give it a month and we'll see maybe a crazy toys version like they did with wolverine. Then we can just buy that instead of over paying for it. :rotfl

I'd hold out either this thing will go on sale or it will get a bootleg it won't be long because bootleggers are pretty clever I give it a month and we'll see maybe a crazy toys version like they did with wolverine. Then we can just buy that instead of over paying for it. :rotfl

Agreed just sit back for a little while and wait, either this goes on sale or a KO will be released most likely. If that does happen I just hope someone makes a new head or adjusts the expression. That way I can use the original as a secondary head for humour shots or a 2nd version of the figure. Here's hoping guys.

2 possibilities....

They made only one pass at this thing.....and the edition size is small.....so they really will not need to adjust the price.

The over produced...and will be giving him away soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back