Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Sideshow is deleting negative comments about this figure off their Facebook page. Saw about 20+ of them gone from yesterday.

No amount of damage control will save the sales for this figure. I am glad to see the collector community standing together saying enough is enough. I hope SS gets the message and change their course.

Makes green lantern figure look like a great deal now and great looking.

That makes me wonder how long this thread will be allowed to continue. Green Lantern led to the Code of Conduct. The X-Wing Luke thread was locked 'until in-hand pics become available' due to criticism. I bought that figure, because Luke in his X-Wing gear is iconic on a whole level above Beetlejuice, but most of the criticisms and concerns were validated by the actual release. Sideshow wants to charge Hot Toys prices, but is frankly poorer than many unlicensed manufacturers in production quality.

Lmao if sideshow only made 100 or so of these and it sold out in a week. Then it would be "hope my waitlist converts" "what's the chances guys I got on the list 20 min after it sold out"

But I agree it is very expensive, but if it's very limited then the whole thing changes.

Sideshow wants to charge Hot Toys prices, but is frankly poorer than many unlicensed manufacturers in production quality.

They're above Hot Toys on their pricing. Has Hot Toys every released a single that wasn't die cast at $240? Even the Three Zero Ninja Turtles are cheaper and there's a lot more design work and complicated paint apps than this. I just don't understand hw they think this pricing is anywhere near reasonable, especially when you factor in the tombstone. It's just crazy.

They're above Hot Toys on their pricing. Has Hot Toys every released a single that wasn't die cast at $240? Even the Three Zero Ninja Turtles are cheaper and there's a lot more design work and complicated paint apps than this. I just don't understand hw they think this pricing is anywhere near reasonable, especially when you factor in the tombstone. It's just crazy.

Yes, Hulk, Joker 2.0, Bank Robber Joker 2.0, Batman 89, Joker 89, Jack Sparrow...I think...and many more. All of those came with a lot of accessories or they were larger figures.

That makes me wonder how long this thread will be allowed to continue. Green Lantern led to the Code of Conduct. The X-Wing Luke thread was locked 'until in-hand pics become available' due to criticism. I bought that figure, because Luke in his X-Wing gear is iconic on a whole level above Beetlejuice, but most of the criticisms and concerns were validated by the actual release. Sideshow wants to charge Hot Toys prices, but is frankly poorer than many unlicensed manufacturers in production quality.

Well, is there really a point in continuing to bash it or the price? Sideshow didn't listen to early criticism of the facial expression, so why would they listen to anything said now? Early criticisms and anything said here could easily be chalked up to a vocal minority. Ultimately you need to voice your opinion with your wallet because that's more likely to get the message across. Which is not to say that that will resolve things either---Sideshow's production paint apps, for example, are still middling-to-bad for what would be classified as high-end collectibles and the paint quality on Sideshow's figures has received a ton of criticism across multiple figures over many years. Despite the criticism, Sideshow's still getting the sales.

Personally, I was not thrilled with this offering (facial expression and value for the price), but I might buy the figure for everything but the head. Custom-tailored clothing could easily go for more than this whole figure.

Personally, I was not thrilled with this offering (facial expression and value for the price), but I might buy the figure for everything but the head. Custom-tailored clothing could easily go for more than this whole figure.

That's a very rational perspective, especially since he has a patterned cloth, that could only be sourced by custom printing. I'm just loath to support them when they show such blatant disregard for customer feedback and disrespect the property itself with that headsculpt.

Re: 1/6 SSC Beetlejuice figure

What surprises me the most about this is that not even your usual SSC's behind kissers are here defending this thing.

Truly incredible.

Looks like Sideshow is deleting negative comments about this figure off their Facebook page. Saw about 20+ of them gone from yesterday.

It's not only facebook. I posted a "don't wanna mess with you deadbeats anyway" gif the other day and it's gone, split, out of here, afterlife kids, deceased-ahh. Plus the three reps I got for it are gone as well. Cute.

Last edited:
You know, I would begrudgingly pay the $240 if the figure at least looked good, even despite the lack of extras. Because I love the character. Unfortunately, though, it just doesn't look good. At all. If the prototype looks this bad, the final product is almost guaranteed to be just terrible.

If you buy the beetlejuice with tombstone at retail price.

7d49b75deb5840e44e7f0efbbe9d67e38c070b3a5f073922c2070fe14f490a64.jpg

With us guys standing together and sideshow refusing to listen and a lot of us care maybe we ought to make a petion on Facebook etc see how many people will support us guys?

It's not only facebook. I posted a "don't wanna mess with you deadbeats anyway" gif the other day and it's gone, split, out of here, afterlife kids, deceased-ahh. Plus the three reps I got for it are gone as well. Cute.

Really? I'll see if I can rep you again for this comment.

EDIT: No dice: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RiggsMcClane again.

If you buy the beetlejuice with tombstone at retail price.

View attachment 239317

:lol :rotfl:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

why OH why couldn't we have gotten a sculpt like this instead...

such a small expression change turns this from instant pass, to a buy!

I was under the impression that hot toys prices were what they were because they are imports, you have to go through a middle man, and their are just plain good. I don't know whats this about. I was so excited for this and ash, but the sculpts for the price makes it an easy pass.

Just about in all cases, a well designed and priced figure will grab the attention of the "casual fan" who may not be a huge fanatic of the film or character but the figure is so well done and fairly priced that they go ahead and order it. I've seen it countless of times in all of the forum sections:

"Not a huge fan of the film, but wow, they really nailed it. Order placed..." type of comments have been posted many, many times over the years.

Unfortunately, this figure will most probably not attract that group due to the pricing, sculpt expression and lack of accessories. (in that order.)

I fall into that group. A classic character but I'm not interested enough to spend that amount. With some releases, it sometimes seems that while the artistic talent level is high, the nuances that bring life to a character(s) are missed. It's like they had stacks of reference photos from the film but never actually viewed the film.

I wonder who approved the sculpt? Does Tim Burton have anything to do with this? He of all people can appreciate a good figure, but I just can't imagine him thinking that's a good representation of Beetlejuice's personality. He does make that face in the film...but it's not the best expression. What a mess.

Back