Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the most cringeworthy part of this whole thing is that, in terms of quality, I'd say this looks like an awesome figure. Whether or not that remains true for the final product is one thing, but, in terms of the paint and sculpt, it's Hot Toys quality, but the expression is so weird that it makes it difficult to pin down a likeness. I definitely hope they listen to folks and give him something that says "Beetlejuice" a bit more than this does.

Re: 1/6 SSC Beetlejuice figure

WTF?!?!?!? :huh That is one of the worst likenesses I've seen. He looks like The Hamburgular!

View attachment 196685

I don't mind the likeness, but a touch more aggression would be nice. Perhaps a 2nd head with a sneering expression. Either way, I'll get this guy and make modifications as needed.

Re: 1/6 SSC Beetlejuice figure

Couple pics I took today.

78909c5df95541e61979f1ebd26b2d41.jpg

a4566b17d7501b03e42f9b7616736775.jpg

Great photos man, thanks for taking and posting them!

I can see more of what they are going for expression wise in the 2nd photo, it's still not right for Beetlejuice though.

Unless they are thinking this is going to be a series of figures for Beetlejuice I just don't understand the thinking with that expression. This line reminds me of Mcfarlane's Movie Maniacs and NECA's Cult Classics where we would get a license that may not support a full line of figures. Which is why they are all put together in this all-encompassing line. I don't see another BJ figure coming from SS, so why this expression?

I'm really looking forward to the release. I decided to create an updated sculpt for myself.

:gah:

That looks great pal.

The SSC expression to me is saying 'hey guys it's really me Keaton'. Like I said previously it is definitely looking like Keaton but the expression is a killer for sure. I'd be happy if he was delayed so that they can sort out the expression.

Sideshow just pay Caine billion dollars for him to sculpt for you! Sculpt looks a bit more beefy than your first I like it man!
Got my Beto Beetlejuice but I may pick yours up along with sideshow clothes if your offering it? I see more likeness in your sculpt than any of the others I've ever seen! :hi5::clap

Sideshow just pay Caine billion dollars for him to sculpt for you! Sculpt looks a bit more beefy than your first I like it man!
Got my Beto Beetlejuice but I may pick yours up along with sideshow clothes if your offering it? I see more likeness in your sculpt than any of the others I've ever seen! :hi5::clap
How you liking you're BetoJuice Godfather. Was it better then what you expected?

I'd rather spend the money on a good Betojuice than The Hamburglar.

Back