Statue Sideshow 1:1 Stormtrooper bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they official items or 3rd party?

Seems to be a lot of hate here for this bust. I don't understand why. Bear in mind I'm a complete newbie to the world of SSC but it looks good to me. Iam considering getting this, 1:1 Vader & 1:1 Boba to go next to my RMQ statues.

This site could help you understand how the iconic Stormtrooper helmets were made, how they originally looked like, why are they the way they are etc.:

www.starwarshelmets.com

https://www.starwarshelmets.com/original_helmets_sub_menu.htm

After reading some of these things you will understand why this bust is not appreciated by most here and on other boards. Heck the Hasbro Black Series helmet looks light years better than this bust.

Yeah, this thread isn't that long yet.
Read a few pages back and you'll see all the things we discussed regarding the inaccuracies with this bust and the better alternatives.

Thanks Centurion & Juno. Certainly some very interesting history there with the development of helmets & armour. Still got to say this SSC bust looks ok to me (it's true I'm not the most observant person around) but I'd be more than happy to have this on display.

Then get out of these threads before you start noticing! :lol

Just kidding but once you start to really look at how the helmets etc really looked you won’t be able to unsee it.

Just kidding but once you start to really look at how the helmets etc really looked you won’t be able to unsee it.

LOL! This actually good advice!

I said it before... I wish my OCD didn't insist that I get the most accurate collectibles money can buy.

LOL! This actually good advice!

I said it before... I wish my OCD didn't insist that I get the most accurate collectibles money can buy.

Lol, are you the one constantly buying and re-selling when the newer and more accurate version of anything comes out? :gah::lol

HAA!!! Great post sir :clap

It's too late for me. Save yourself! :Flush

Aussiebot, even though I will not be buying this, if you like it & if it's within your budget, then you should buy it & be happy. Collect what YOU like. That's what makes all of our collections unique. We don't all have the same stuff. & please post photos when it arrives. I love seeing photos of my fellow collectors collections.

HAA!!! Great post sir :clap

It's too late for me. Save yourself! :Flush

Aussiebot, even though I will not be buying this, if you like it & if it's within your budget, then you should buy it & be happy. Collect what YOU like. That's what makes all of our collections unique. We don't all have the same stuff. & please post photos when it arrives. I love seeing photos of my fellow collectors collections.

Thanks DarthRusty. I hope my next addition is an Iron Studios 1/4 Vader, but if the waitlist doesn't convert, I might just pick up one of the life-size busts. There'll be pics a plenty :)

I got this last week, there's very few reviews or opinions on the release I can see.
The positives - I like the chest and shoulder cut for the most part. The poseable head is cool. The removable head is the best part!
The negatives - Well there's a lot to not like. The helmet is trash. It just looks bad and I've swapped it with an EFX. The vocoder is still painted like that awful proto with black paint lines not over the ridges and sloppy looking. The bust isn't white it's noticeably got a brown tint to it, especially with the white EFX helmet on it. I HATE the new base - it adds a massive footprint to the bust. The bust is around 42cm /16.5" deep, and actually hangs off the back of the stupid protruding base. If it had been mounted on the older style bases the footprint would of been 15cm / 6" less. Ridiculous and unnecessary given this and future releases won't match the old ones. The bust is taller than Vader. Dumb.

I got this last week, there's very few reviews or opinions on the release I can see.
The positives - I like the chest and shoulder cut for the most part. The poseable head is cool. The removable head is the best part!
The negatives - Well there's a lot to not like. The helmet is trash. It just looks bad and I've swapped it with an EFX. The vocoder is still painted like that awful proto with black paint lines not over the ridges and sloppy looking. The bust isn't white it's noticeably got a brown tint to it, especially with the white EFX helmet on it. I HATE the new base - it adds a massive footprint to the bust. The bust is around 42cm /16.5" deep, and actually hangs off the back of the stupid protruding base. If it had been mounted on the older style bases the footprint would of been 15cm / 6" less. Ridiculous and unnecessary given this and future releases won't match the old ones. The bust is taller than Vader. Dumb.

All those negatives :slap. Glad I past on this. & it's TALLER than the Vader bust!?! :dunno
I'd still love to see photos.

can you just return it and eat the shipping costs? I had a chance to get this for 25% off and still passed.

I'll post pics on the weekend. I can't be bothered returning it, the box is massive and I'd get slugged something like $150 to return it. I'm most frustrated about the depth of the base with the bust hanging off the back of it. The base should finish at the chest plate.

star-wars-bust-1-1-stormtrooper-68-cm.jpg

Still don't get why people bought this bust, when there are better alternatives out there...

Just watched an unboxing video on this piece. Good God almighty is the box huge!!! & I cringe every time I see the helmet.

Still don't get why people bought this bust, when there are better alternatives out there...

I actually bought the efx helmet, chest armour, straps, shoulder pauldrons and neck ring from ebay in order to make a bust. In a perfect world I'd have the time and skill to mold the older base, get a mannequin torso and assemble it. But I don't.
I also have no interest in a helmet sitting on a chrome pole. I want my tropper bust to match my older Sideshow busts.
My display is a tiered 600mm wide shelf and this is a complete **** to display on it. Others may not have the issues I have with the depth / footprint of the base but even if they don't I still feel it's completely unnecessary and adds nothing to the display.

RS Prop Masters are just finishing these days a bust for people to display armors and helmets on. Before that you could buy SDS busts or other mannequin busts and get any armor you wanted on top of those.

Back