Statue Sideshow 1:1 Stormtrooper bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cant imagine any sane person buying this when you get a way more accurate one from The RPF or RS for way less the cost...

This doesn't look that bad, and the price doesn't seem too crazy for me. Especially compared to what they charge for PFs etc. Getting a helmet and chest/shoulder armor from somewhere like RS isn't exactly cheap, and getting a *good* torso bust mannequin isn't cheap either. It'll always cost more to get something that's already all put together.

All that said, I wouldn't buy it.

You don't really need to get a RS armor, you can get other fan made or Anovos. Even the MR CE/EFX PCR helmet looks better than this one. For mannequin/bust you can go with this: https://www.originalstormtrooper.com/mannequin-bust-173-p.asp.

mannequin-bust-173-p[ekm]693x693[ekm].jpg

Will the SSC TK bust sell? Of course. Everything made by SSC sells, even that crappy Wolf Pred bust just released.

really disappointed with this one. I could handle the price if they just spent some time to research the damn thing.

what a waste of effort...assuming any was actually put into this.

Good side-by-side comparison pic.
You can see just how bad the Sideshow bust is.

Incorrect shape of the dome, the eye cutouts, and frown. Not enough slats in the frown. The right eye cutout is missing the little hump along the bottom edge. The mic tip mesh is wrong. The black rubber brow is not thick enough.
The whole thing looks too symmetrical and perfect.

It's not the pure symmetry that bothers most of us, but the lack of other minor things. Even the right eye bump can be missing, but the helmet itself is a combo of Hero and Stunt and didn't take anything too well from any of them. It is not accurate to Rogue One either

Look at the Hasbro RO helmet, this looks quite accurate for what it is, way better than SSC bust:

EB14F92F50569047F5030B5ED3C7F06F.jpg

Absolutely and the Hasbro actually addresses some of the issues I'm having with the Sideshow bust.
The dome and frown on the Hasbro has the correct shape. The number of slats on the frown is also correct.
But I'm still not a fan of these 'perfect' TK lids.

Torso croocked-ness is bothering more than anything with the helmet. :/

cant imagine any sane person buying this when you get a way more accurate one from The RPF or RS for way less the cost...

Are they official items or 3rd party?

Seems to be a lot of hate here for this bust. I don't understand why. Bear in mind I'm a complete newbie to the world of SSC but it looks good to me. Iam considering getting this, 1:1 Vader & 1:1 Boba to go next to my RMQ statues.

Are they official items or 3rd party?

Seems to be a lot of hate here for this bust. I don't understand why. Bear in mind I'm a complete newbie to the world of SSC but it looks good to me. Iam considering getting this, 1:1 Vader & 1:1 Boba to go next to my RMQ statues.

newbies are what SS is hoping for. the vader and boba are decent but this thing is really bad. truly. If you must purchase it, at the very least wait until after it's released and get it for less $. With the poor reception, no edition size, and high price...getting a deal down the road is a certainty.

better yet...check out some of the amazing custom offerings out there or try to hunt down a MR or EFX bucket.

:lecture True. Sometimes I wish I didn't not-pick every fine detail but that's my OCD telling me to get the best without any compromises.

Back