Showtime's Dexter - Blood Slide Box

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From my POV, you're basically paying for the certificate of authenticity when you get something like this. Which means it's an official replica prop. That's what the extra money is going towards.

Sure you can buy a regular old wooden box and mod it so it looks exactly like the box on the show but it won't have a certificate of authenticity and it won't be an officially licensed replica prop.

It's like a Star Wars lightsaber handle or whatever you call it. Sure you could easily make one from spare parts or stuff from Home Depot but I'm sure most Star Wars collectors would prefer an officially licensed replica prop lightsaber from Lucas films or Sideshow, etc. Even though the difference in price would be significant.

Same principle. It's something you could easily make/find on your own but that's not the point.

Some people just want the prop/replica and are happy with that like ShadowX81. And other people want the certificate of authenticity to signify that it's an official replica prop like Dark Passenger.

Just depends on what you want and are happier with.

And just for the record, I personally think MOST movie props/prop replica's are F'n stupid and have no idea why most people would want them i.e. $20 blood slide box or $165 blood slide box.. I think BOTH are stupid.

And that's coming from a fan of the show too. :lol

Hello all, this is Jimmy Cosentino with Michael C. Colllectibles.
I wanted to chime in here and clarify a few things regarding the slide box we are offering.
First thing I want to state is that the original box used was not a $20 but an $80 box. For $20 you can find some pretty terrible wooden slide boxes - one of which we show in one of our videos posted on YouTube.
Next, I would like to say that the quality of our boxes far exceeds anything that was previously or currently available commercially. Our boxes are crafted as would a fine piece of furniture and not to the basic level of a utilitarian piece like the original boxes.
Our boxes are crafted using the exact dimensions and specifications provided to us from the prop department on Dexter.
Our box is more than just a Certificate of Authenticity. The Certificate is included to verify that you are buying from the people responsible for the boxes used on-screen as of Season 5. The quality of the box and the time and effort it takes to make one is the true justification for the price tag.
We have seen detailed photographs of our box next to the original. There is a remarkable difference in quality - but you would only tell when having them photographed next to eachother.
Our craftsmanship is what awarded us the wonderful opportunity to have our box replace the one previously used on the show.
Regarding price tag - anyone in the hobby of collecting memerobilia of this type should know that our price point is generously low. We are offering a high-end product that is professionally hand crafted for under $200. You won't find that price point very often in this hobby.
Next, lets talk availablity of the original box.
You just can't get them anymore. If you're lucky to find one, aside from moving the hinges around, the entire box would need to be refinished and the slots opened up in order for it to be screen-accurate.
Some people may be willing to make thier own - but in order to do it at the level we are offering, you would need to have experience in cabinet making and the appropriate materials to get the level of finish we offer.
Most of the materials we use, including the wood and the staining supplies are only available to professionals and cannot be purchased at any Lowes or Home Depot.
We are tremendously proud of the product we offer and are extremely grateful to our contact with the Dexter production studio that our boxes have replaced the original.
One of the great things about our box is that you can still compare it to screen shots from season 1-4 and it will still look exactly like it does on screen. But now, our buyers have the luxury of knowing that our box is THE box being used on the show from now on.
I also want to note the blood slides we offer. Any of our previous buyers will tell you that the artificial blood formula we have created is 'scary-real' and it takes a considerable amount of time to complete a full set.
Other people will eventually start making replicas and selling them which is fine by us - because we know you won't get a nicer box at a better price, nor a more authentic box anywhere in the world.
We have sold our boxes worldwide - Denmark, Sweden, England, Ireland, Australia, Canada, Mexico, Italy - and worldwide our product has stood up against the scrutiny of the most discerning fans and collectors.
I am completely confident that anyone who purchases one of our slide boxes will be more than satisfied and we are truly grateful for all of our buyers who have invested thier income into purchasing one of our products.
-Jimmy Cosentino
Project Director
Michael C. Collectibles

Back