Showtime's Dexter - Blood Slide Box

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark Passenger

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
This is a handcrafted wooden box made by Jim & Mike Cosentino in Lancaster, PA. They are the guys that are making the box to be used on Dexter as of the new season 5!!! This is exactly how the boxes are made for the show and are not in any way an inferior mass produced customer sale. The boxes are all made individually and to the exact measurement as the box used in Seasons 1-4.
I have nothing at all to do with these boxes except for owning one and having the pleasure of dealing with Jim. The customer service is second to none.

Here is a link to their website. https://michaelccollectibles.weebly.com/
Each box can be ordered fully loaded with 46 slides and comes with a COA.
IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

The craftsmanship on these you can feel just by holding one.
IMG_0512.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love one of those..but i'd feel i would have to hide it more so then display it..

Wow, $165 for a wooden slide box? You really wasted your money on this thing. These wooden boxes used to be the standard for storing medical slides up until the early 90s, and were mass produced. There are thousands of them out there you could get for a few dollars if you just had speant a little time looking.

Wow, you really wasted your money on this thing. These wooden boxes used to be the standard for storing medical slides up until the early 90s, and were mass produced. There are thousands of them you could get for a few dollars if you spend a little time looking.

:slap:slap:slap:slap :ohbfrank: UGH. The boxes used in the medical field are not the same. This is a Prop that is 100% screen accurate. You know nothing about the show or the box do you?

No hard feelings, your entitled to think that way but it's like saying why buy Replica T2 Replica Sunglasses for $500 when you can buy a mass produced pair for less. :1-1:

Last edited:
:slap:slap:slap:slap :ohbfrank: UGH. The boxes used in the medical field are not the same. This is a Prop that is 100% screen accurate. You know nothing about the show or the box do you?

Yes, actually I do. Im a prop geek myself.

The prop wasnt something custom made for the show. All they did is take an old standard slide box and move the hinges to open longwise. You can actually see on the screen used prop the holes where the original hinges and clasp were.

I know someone that works in a hospitol and was able to get one of these things for me after they found a bunch of them lying around in the basement. Same exact box.

No hard feelings, your entitled to think that way but it's like saying why buy Replica T2 Replica Sunglasses for $500 when you can buy a mass produced pair for less. :1-1:

:exactly::goodpost:....its about where the box came from and what it stands for, it has allot to do with the character of dexter and of course his victims, i for one love the show..but i'm committed to 1/6 figures at the moment....

I hope we get a good figure of dexter sometime..triads just ain't good enough for me..

Well I bought this one because it is made by the people who make the box for the show. The box is 100% authentic and made 100x better than the $20 medical boxes. Showtime obviously liked their boxes better since they bought them and are now using them on their show.

(FALSE) Wayne Toth, who makes the masks for Zombie's Halloween, is selling Michael Myers masks. But nah, I'm buying a different one that is mass produced.

Last edited:
There is apsolutly no difference between the real box and the custom made thing you just paid out the ass for. They are the same thing.

If anything, your box is less screen accurate. Wheras yours was made to resemble the prop, the real prop was a $20 medical slide box that they converted; and therefore had some touches of the original thing. Such as the previously mentioned holes where the hinges used to be.

You essentially paid to have something hand made for you that was cheaply mass produced for decades. Its not as if you are settling by purchasing a cheap box. The real thing was a cheap box.

There is apsolutly no difference between the real box and the custom made thing you just paid out the ass for. They are the same thing.

If anything, your box is less screen accurate. Wheras yours was made to resemble the prop, the real prop was a medical slide box that they converted; and therefore had some touches of the original thing. Such as the previously mentioned holes where the hinges used to be.

You essentially paid to have something hand made for you that was cheaply mass produced for decades.

DUDE YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT THIS BOX!!!!!!!!!! Stop talking about this box I have like you know about it.
Believe me, I know my history about the original box, it is a piece of crap cheap medical box, yes it was modded to open longways. It was lugged around for 4 seasons and falling apart.
And mine was not made to resemble any prop!!! IT IS THE PROP!!!! :gah: THEY MAKE THE BOX FOR THE SHOW!!!!!!!!! :gah::gah::gah::gah:

:1-1:

You essentially paid to have something hand made for you that was cheaply mass produced for decades. Its not as if you are settling by purchasing a cheap box. The real thing was a cheap box.

No I didn't pay to have it made!!!!!!! THEY. MAKE. THE. BOX. FOR. THE. SHOW. Did you even bother to read my whole post and look at their website? Answer: No.

Yes, actually I did. They just started making the box for the show for this upcoming season. For every second up to this point, it has always been a cheap box.You have a prop for a season that hasnt even aired yet.

You paid close to two hundred for a replica of what I got the real thing for at a cost of nothing.

Believe me I know plenty of what im talking about when it comes to this box.

No I didn't pay to have it made!!!!!!!

Apparently you didn't read the site either. The guy makes these things by hand, which considerably drives up the price.

Last edited:
Yes, actually I did. They just started making the box for the show for this upcoming season. For every second up to this point, it has always been a cheap box.You have a prop for a season that hasnt even aired yet.

You paid close to two hundred for a replica of what I got the real thing for at a cost of nothing.

Believe me I know plenty of what im talking about when it comes to this box.

You sound like someone who has a personal vendetta against Jim & Mike. Never mind. No point arguing anymore. Enjoy your box and I'll enjoy mine.

Why wouldnt I be somewhat offended by someone driving up the price of something cheap and available by building it themselves and labeling it a collector's item?

I just think that considering your post was almost an advertisement for the company, people should be aware that instead of buying a fascimile of the prop, they can own the actual box used for the prop for under $20.

Im not really sure why you seem to have such a personal vendetta against me for saying these things. Considering how much you just raged out in your posts, you speak like someone that has something to profit by these boxes selling.

Why wouldnt I be somewhat offended by someone driving up the price of something cheap and available by building it themselves and labeling it a collector's item?

I just think that considering your post was almost an advertisement for the company, people should be aware that instead of buying a fascimile of the prop, they can own the actual box used for the prop for under $20.

Im not really sure why you seem to have such a personal vendetta against me for saying these things. Considering how much you just raged out in your posts, you speak like someone that has something to profit by these boxes selling.

No, I just hate when people are negative. If I want to spend almost $200 for a prop then fine. It's my business. I don't appreciate someone telling me I wasted my money when I truly believe I didn't. It's my money. I will spend it however I want. I looked into the box for a long time and know its origin. If i wanted the cheap box, I would have bought that instead.

They're not building it and labeling it a collectors item. They are making the actual box used on the show.

I have no ties to them except loyalty for treating me greatly. I put out a Youtube video of their original box and they have treated me kindly since and showed great appreciation towards me even AFTER our business was done.
I was PMing with someone who was interested with the box so I posted a thread for others who may be interested. I didn't create this thread to have some fool tell me I wasted my money. Go back and read your first post. You basically called me an idiot and said I wasted my money. Rude.

Last edited:
:lol This thread is hilarious!

How about a photo of your box, ShadowX81? Surely if you think yours is so much better, you wouldn't mind showing us how much better it is, rather than just telling us.

:lol This thread is hilarious!

How about a photo of your box, ShadowX81? Surely if you think yours is so much better, you wouldn't mind showing us how much better it is, rather than just telling us.

I can't believe a fight started from someone posting that they've just bought a blood slide box. Way to kill his buzz for his latest purchase ShadowX81.

By the way congrats Dark Passenger. :rock

Well thets just put it this way then.

If you want the blood slide box:

Seasons 1-4 = Cheap, $20 box.

Seasons 5 = $189 box.

Considering they are more or less identical anyways, which do you think is the smarter purchase?

Back