Show your ride.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now just a lid, CB, Frost tune, Bilstein HD shocks, BMR lowering springs and Founders Performance suspension parts. BUUUUT, coming soon= headers, ORY, stall(3400-3600), cam, lifters, springs, timing chain, plugs/wires & dynotune. It has the LS6 intake, so I'll keep that for the time being, then further down the road I'll finish it off with some heads. Goal= 400-450 RWHP.

Appearance is all done. Blackbird stripes, Trans Am door lettering and door edge guard delete, Emblempros.com custom vintage birds on the sail panel, Emblempros.com custom WS6 emblem in back, CETA mod, Magnaflow quad tips (come with the CB), and finally American Racing Torq thrust II's with custom centercaps. 17x9.5 in the front, 17x11 in the back. If you want more pics, let me know.

Last edited:
Nice. Sounds like a good plan. Will prolly take a big cam to hit 450, but should get close.

Yea I miss my 01 SS.

2001%20Camaro%20SS1.jpg

Great cars, a blast to drive, and fun as hell to mod. Great color by the way, cant beat Sunset Orange Metallic. Also, by the time I'm done, I'll have probably just shy of $20K in it TOTAL... cant beat that for a car that will roast just about anything else out there with me (unless we are talking exotics or big turbo cars.)

Great cars, a blast to drive, and fun as hell to mod. Great color by the way, cant beat Sunset Orange Metallic. Also, by the time I'm done, I'll have probably just shy of $20K in it TOTAL... cant beat that for a car that will roast just about anything else out there with me (unless we are talking exotics or big turbo cars.)

V8/RWD power is so much fun. Turbos are nice and add power, I just bought a new 2011 VW CC, 2.0L T. This is daily transportation and it's a nice car, but I love my Plymouth. I'd take a super charger, and maybe nitrous... :lol

2013023_zps99de384f.jpg

IMG00466-20111031-1800_zpsdce5e041.jpg

Hotchkis leaf springs, perches and shackles. Drops the rear a good 2-3". Rebuilt 8.75" rear, Auburn posi so I get the best of both worlds, 4.30 gear. Bilstein RCD shocks, 4 wheel power disc brakes. Front end completely rebuilt with tubular control arms and newly rebuilt steering box. Sub-frame connectors. Currently rebuilt 727 auto, but will get 5 possibly 6 speed manual as that was always my goal. Currently a stock 383, will drop in a blueprinted 383 that I had built a while back. Stock heads ported and polished and port matched to the intake, high rise aluminum single manifold with a 800 cfm Demon carb. Big mechanical roller Crane cam with gold rockers. 3 core aluminum radiator with fans. Hooker headers, TTI X-Pipe with Magnaflow mufflers.

Est HP is 450-500 at the crank.

And you thought SS statues were expensive.... :lol

Nice. Sounds like a good plan. Will prolly take a big cam to hit 450, but should get close.

Yea I miss my 01 SS.

2001%20Camaro%20SS1.jpg

Those older Camaro's are just timeless. Their style holds up far better than the Mustangs in my opinion. Sorry you lost her but you have a nice vette taking over.

Roadrunner? Awesome...one of my favorite old muscle cars. I have been actually trying to locate a decent '71 for a rebuild.

69 RR, I had a 70 which I liked a lot. 71 & even 72 are cool too, got that streamlined fuesaloge look. Hit me up with any questions if you have any. I breath Mopar and like all cars, but love American Muscle cars.

So this happened. :lol

So I was negotiating with a dealer and finally got them to give me what I wanted for my wife's car. A little history on me. I talked to a guy that I thought was pretty cool. Gave him my story. I own a 2013 Escape and my wife is in an old corolla. I was trading her car in to get something fun for me while giving her the new Escape. We also have two babies. Both are under 2. I'm 33 years old if that matters.

So on Saturday my wife and I took her car in and had it looked at. I also tried to put a car seat in the back. I was delighted that it fit. Now mind you this is for emergency purposes only. The family hauler will be the Escape. I only need room back there if we get in a bind and I have to pick the kids up. I then test drove it and smiled the whole time. They wouldn't give me what I wanted in trade so I left knowing I would get the call when they thought about it a while.

So sure enough he called today and advised they would meet me half way. This was fine as it was within $10 of where I wanted to be. I thanked him and the salesman explained how he was my advocate and really pushed and congratulated. I told him I wanted a red one. If I was going to a sports car I wanted to do it right.

Sounds good right? Well here is what happened.......

The numb nut butt dialed me and called me back. So I called him back 15 minutes later and he said he didn't call. Well he did and I have the voicemail to prove it. It went something like this:

"I'm 99% sure I sold the FR-S. This guy does not need this car. I tried to sell him a TC. He even put his car seat in the back. He's some insurance salesman and will be getting in and out of that thing. Yeah he has two babies and you should have seen his wife. He's only 33 and having a mid life crisis. "

Now the parts I quoted were just the parts I could make 100%. There were other comments about having a crappy car to trade in and I think what little commission he is making on the deal ( I have a blank check from my credit union). They were still talking and it cut off.

Now I'm a pretty decent guy. I understand people make mistakes. But I'm super pissed over this. Your thoughts? I want to go and see him tomorrow and shut his door and play the message.

And just so you know...those FR-S's look great in white (with the black accents). There is one driving around in my neighborhood....looks like a mini Maserati.

Play it for the sales manager or even the owner of the dealership. Then tell them that you're going to take your business elsewhere if you can't get the deal you want or something closer to it. You can either make it work for you, confrot the salesman because you don't deserve that kind of treatment, or walk away and never go back.

I worked in the service dept. of a dealership in my early twenties, and the sales dept. only really cared about their commission checks. The guy that sold me my VW I found out was "let go" a month after I bought my car. I have no idea why....
For the record, Not all sales people are bad.

Good luck to you, I'm sure you'll end up fine in the end.

The owner was a very famous NASCAR driver. Not sure i want to go there yet. Sales manager will be my focus tomorrow.

They are a blast and have a awsum exaust note.

V8/RWD power is so much fun. Turbos are nice and add power, I just bought a new 2011 VW CC, 2.0L T. This is daily transportation and it's a nice car, but I love my Plymouth. I'd take a super charger, and maybe nitrous... :lol

2013023_zps99de384f.jpg

IMG00466-20111031-1800_zpsdce5e041.jpg

Hotchkis leaf springs, perches and shackles. Drops the rear a good 2-3". Rebuilt 8.75" rear, Auburn posi so I get the best of both worlds, 4.30 gear. Bilstein RCD shocks, 4 wheel power disc brakes. Front end completely rebuilt with tubular control arms and newly rebuilt steering box. Sub-frame connectors. Currently rebuilt 727 auto, but will get 5 possibly 6 speed manual as that was always my goal. Currently a stock 383, will drop in a blueprinted 383 that I had built a while back. Stock heads ported and polished and port matched to the intake, high rise aluminum single manifold with a 800 cfm Demon carb. Big mechanical roller Crane cam with gold rockers. 3 core aluminum radiator with fans. Hooker headers, TTI X-Pipe with Magnaflow mufflers.

Est HP is 450-500 at the crank.

And you thought SS statues were expensive.... :lol

Roadrunners rock. Needs some fat Mickeys on the back.

Those older Camaro's are just timeless. Their style holds up far better than the Mustangs in my opinion. Sorry you lost her but you have a nice vette taking over.

That's true. Love the Vette but miss the rawness of the SS.

2006%20Corvette.jpg

So this happened. :lol

So I was negotiating with a dealer and finally got them to give me what I wanted for my wife's car. A little history on me. I talked to a guy that I thought was pretty cool. Gave him my story. I own a 2013 Escape and my wife is in an old corolla. I was trading her car in to get something fun for me while giving her the new Escape. We also have two babies. Both are under 2. I'm 33 years old if that matters.

So on Saturday my wife and I took her car in and had it looked at. I also tried to put a car seat in the back. I was delighted that it fit. Now mind you this is for emergency purposes only. The family hauler will be the Escape. I only need room back there if we get in a bind and I have to pick the kids up. I then test drove it and smiled the whole time. They wouldn't give me what I wanted in trade so I left knowing I would get the call when they thought about it a while.

So sure enough he called today and advised they would meet me half way. This was fine as it was within $10 of where I wanted to be. I thanked him and the salesman explained how he was my advocate and really pushed and congratulated. I told him I wanted a red one. If I was going to a sports car I wanted to do it right.

Sounds good right? Well here is what happened.......

The numb nut butt dialed me and called me back. So I called him back 15 minutes later and he said he didn't call. Well he did and I have the voicemail to prove it. It went something like this:

"I'm 99% sure I sold the FR-S. This guy does not need this car. I tried to sell him a TC. He even put his car seat in the back. He's some insurance salesman and will be getting in and out of that thing. Yeah he has two babies and you should have seen his wife. He's only 33 and having a mid life crisis. "

Now the parts I quoted were just the parts I could make 100%. There were other comments about having a crappy car to trade in and I think what little commission he is making on the deal ( I have a blank check from my credit union). They were still talking and it cut off.

Now I'm a pretty decent guy. I understand people make mistakes. But I'm super pissed over this. Your thoughts? I want to go and see him tomorrow and shut his door and play the message.

humongous_just_walk_away_zpse8e4915c.jpg

There are other dealerships out there. When we were getting a Grand Am for my wife we sat down after a test drive to talks numbers. We had a newb salesman and the sales manger was with him at this point. The manager, point blank, said me and my wife did not look like we could afford $5k, which is prolly needed to finance a car like that. :slap This was before we talked about anything, trade, my offer or payments whatever. I started laughing and told my wife lets get the fauk out of here. I was already approved through my bank for the car, my wife just wanted to pick out the color. We went to another dealership and were home with the car in about a hour and a half. The manager of that dealership as called and got the other manager in trouble. :lol

I love car salesmen. New and used. I enjoy hearing their bs, their sales tactics and there complete lack of knowledge of the cars I'm looking at.

And if you do go with a FR-S, get a turbo kit for it cause they are slow. :wave

Take your business else where BadMoon....seriously that guy is a complete ******....I wouldn't even worry about but just take your business else where....

I sent the guy an email. I will see what he responds with. I will be taking my business elsewhere though.

This is something I would either go to the owner with to make it right, or make it public by going to the BBB or the media to tell people what kind of people sell cars at that dealership. It isn't as bad as Jiffy Lube selling people new parts they never get as part of their service, or selling them services they don't need and don't get for their money, but still I think this needs to be addressed. In ANY case, keep the recording. It may come in handy someday.

Back