Show your ride.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the 5-Speed install, finally getting around to re-doing the interior.

After 4 days I'm almost done.
RR  12.28.23.jpg

1 more day for the bucket seats and console.

I never was around here much last year, but lifter ate the cam last February. Didn’t get the car back til almost July. Mainly because of the backlog at Bischoff finishing the block

Cam, pushrods and lifters. The shop sent the intake manifold to MMX to get ported. The heads only needed resurfaced and valve checked. The block got stroked out to 411 and built for up to 30 pounds of boost
Your lifter failed and caused all of this?
Sounds like you had a lot of work done, this is a V6?

I had a rocker that broke about 2 years ago while entering the freeway. The lifter fell back in it's bore so I had the bare minimum amount of oil pressure to limp off the nearest exit. Had to replace the entire valvetrain as the original rockers were long discontinued.

Car $ vs. Statue $...:slap:lol

Last edited:
Your lifter failed and caused all of this?
Sounds like you had a lot of work done, this is a V6?

I had a rocker that broke about 2 years ago while entering the freeway. The lifter fell back in it's bore so I had the bare minimum amount of oil pressure to limp off the nearest exit. Had to replace the entire valvetrain as the original rockers were long discontinued.

Car $ vs. Statue $...:slap:lol
It was a 392. I went to my parents after work one day and the P0305 code went off backing out of their driveway

20x10- 305/35/20. The original 275’s were toast before the first 500 mile break in oil change. If I go any further, I’m gonna have to go on a drag pack
Brand?

I ask because I think I'm at the point where I'll pony up the $ to get Michelin PS4 tires sometime within the next 6-12 months. Going to put 18" wheels with 14" rotors on, plus the tires. Current setup works ok but it's now the weakest link compared to everything else.

Back