Show your pet, best friend, partner .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys ,

I spoke to the vets today and sadly they said her kidneys are very badly damaged. :( She seems to be stumbling also and is practically unable to walk now. I've been told to take her in early tomorrow and a few of the vets want to take a look at her properly. Apparently treatment might be a possibility but they also mentioned again about putting her down and looking at her now I'm getting the feeling that's what they're going to recommend.
Although she doesn't seem to be in any pain ( unless we pick her up ) she seems really depressed with her head down and she doesn't seem to know where she is.

What's strange though is she's still drinking and eating fine and strangely although she hasn't been walking around and falling over when she tries I walked in yesterday to find she'd jumped up on the windowsill and was looking outside. :lol

If it comes to the worst scenario tomorrow it wont be easy.
It might seem a bit stupid to some people but this cat has literally been with me since birth making me laugh , smashing my statues to pieces and getting on my lap every night to go to sleep. :monkey2
She has more of what you'd consider a dogs personality.

Very sorry to hear this uscmhicks, both of my cats are the same way...(dog-ish), I'm not even sure what would happen if I was in your shoes. Actually, I don't like thinking of it.

I'll will have to hunt someone down and make them pay and SMASH... prolly Wofford, I'm not a bad guy just have bad luck.

Best regards,

Ski :grouphug

Thanks guys ,

I spoke to the vets today and sadly they said her kidneys are very badly damaged. :( She seems to be stumbling also and is practically unable to walk now. I've been told to take her in early tomorrow and a few of the vets want to take a look at her properly. Apparently treatment might be a possibility but they also mentioned again about putting her down and looking at her now I'm getting the feeling that's what they're going to recommend.
Although she doesn't seem to be in any pain ( unless we pick her up ) she seems really depressed with her head down and she doesn't seem to know where she is.

What's strange though is she's still drinking and eating fine and strangely although she hasn't been walking around and falling over when she tries I walked in yesterday to find she'd jumped up on the windowsill and was looking outside. :lol

If it comes to the worst scenario tomorrow it wont be easy.
It might seem a bit stupid to some people but this cat has literally been with me since birth making me laugh , smashing my statues to pieces and getting on my lap every night to go to sleep. :monkey2
She has more of what you'd consider a dogs personality.

Hopefully they'll be able to help her. Maybe she'll snap out of it. A dog I had years ago had liver problems due to what we think was poison that a neighbor set out for coons that my dog might've gotten into. He went on special food and some pills for awhile and he got all better. His liver did fail though but it was years later at the age of 14.

Good luck to your kitty! and it's not stupid at all that you feel the way you do about her. Anyone who thinks it's stupid shouldn't have a pet!

:1-1:

Very sorry to hear this uscmhicks, both of my cats are the same way...(dog-ish), I'm not even sure what would happen if I was in your shoes. Actually, I don't like thinking of it.

I'll will have to hunt someone down and make them pay and SMASH... prolly Wofford, I'm not a bad guy just have bad luck.

Best regards,

Ski :grouphug

I'm flattered I guess.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=smash

Thanks everyone. Well , I had to say goodbye today. That was the hardest decision I've ever had to make. I was like a baby in there !.
She'd lost another 200 grams in the last 2 days and she seemed disorientated and really depressed as well as seeming to be in pain whenever we lifted her up to take her to her litter tray and according to the vet her kidneys were so badly damaged she was likely to start feeling worse very soon and experiencing lots of horrible symptoms so this seemed the right thing to do.

RIP Fluffy !.

fluff.jpg

I paid to get her ashes back in a nice box where you can put their photo on the front so that will be nice to have. :)

Thanks again guys. :1-1:

Thanks everyone. Well , I had to say goodbye today. That was the hardest decision I've ever had to make. I was like a baby in there !.
She'd lost another 200 grams in the last 2 days and she seemed disorientated and really depressed as well as seeming to be in pain whenever we lifted her up to take her to her litter tray and according to the vet her kidneys were so badly damaged she was likely to start feeling worse very soon and experiencing lots of horrible symptoms so this seemed the right thing to do.

RIP Fluffy !.

fluff.jpg

I paid to get her ashes back in a nice box where you can put their photo on the front so that will be nice to have. :)

So sorry Tay. She lived a good, long life with you. :)

RIP Fluffy !.

fluff.jpg

Sorry for your loss Tay.I know exactly how you feel as i have been there myself.

I'm so sorry to hear about Fluffy Tay. At least you can take some comfort in knowing that you let her go before she really started to suffer. That's no way for a pet or anyone to live.

Our pets are our family members. They give us love and joy and add so much to our lives. I am very sorry for your loss. :(

Thanks everyone. :1-1:
The atmosphere has seemed different since she hasn't been here but it's become easier now knowing she's at peace and wont have to go through any pain. :)

She had a long life and I couldn't have asked for a more loyal and friendly cat. Most of my family were even crying when I told them so i guess that shows how long she's been around and sticking in everyone's memory. :lol

My neighbor asked me before if I'll be getting another cat but I'm not sure I want to just yet, you're not even supposed to have them where I live aswell , fluffy was so quiet though nobody ever knew. :rotfl

The atmosphere has seemed different since she hasn't been here but it's become easier now knowing she's at peace and wont have to go through any pain. :)

She had a long life and I couldn't have asked for a more loyal and friendly cat. Most of my family were even crying when I told them so i guess that shows how long she's been around and sticking in everyone's memory. :lol

My neighbor asked me before if I'll be getting another cat but I'm not sure I want to just yet, you're not even supposed to have them where I live aswell , fluffy was so quiet though nobody ever knew. :rotfl

Sorry for your loss. Great to take the time and just transition slowly.

I took this photo of Phoenix (the grey/white) and Zoë sleeping yesterday.

DSCN4065.jpg

Late on this, but sorry for your loss man. I know how hard loosing a pet can be. I lost my 16 year old dalmation in November 08, and then almost exactly a year later I lost my 13 year old cat. It was hard times.

Back