Show your pet, best friend, partner .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks ladies. Ween, he wasn't acting normal for about a day; meaning he wasn't jumping up on furniture, but he wasn't acting any differently outside of that. The following day he just screamed out in pain and couldn't sit and the day after that he was paralyzed.

As for the update. He wiggled a toe today.
ak90jl.jpg

Awwwwww....he's got a cather in his little pee pee. :(

wow i bet the medical bill on this guy is doing to be huge. i remember when my dog broke her leg and it came out to nearly $1000.

I don't want to sound insensitive but I have no medical coverage myself. So paying for pet medical is much. But hey, if you got the dough$ why not I guess. I'll settle for fishes.

If you play tug-o-war and cuddle with me I might pick up some of your medical expenses too.

Freestylex, you don't even want to know what the damn bill was. I was so happy that he walked that day it didn't even hit me until I got home and looked it over.

Outstanding news. May his recovery continue to go well. I understand the whole"bill" thing. When our boy Bob was diagnosed, we essentially just handed over the Master-Card and said"whatever it takes". Sadly, there are some things money can't fix. Very glad Bogie doesn't fall into that category...PS

Very happy to hear your buddy's mobile again, wofford.

Got a new friend a little while ago myself.

jack3135211015093229396.jpg

His name's Jack.

Oooh. Is that a Ragdoll? I used to have one named Ozzie. Absolutely beautiful cats.

He's definitely got some Ragdoll in him. Or Birman. The thing is with him he doesn't have a fluffy coat. His coat isn't near as filled out as those breeds. He was a rescue from outside of the city, so I'll never really know for sure. But I love him :)

He's definitely got some Ragdoll in him. Or Birman. The thing is with him he doesn't have a fluffy coat. His coat isn't near as filled out as those breeds. He was a rescue from outside of the city, so I'll never really know for sure. But I love him :)

KBA, he looks so "well behave". So nice of you to get a rescue. :)

Just had to take Bogart in for emergency spinal surgery. :(

Herniated disc. Poor guy was paralyzed in his lower half this morning.

Thanks everyone. The doc was happy with the surgery and is encouraged so we are as well. Only time will tell what is still there and what is lost so I'll keep the thread posted. Thanks again for the well wishes. I'll take some pics of the war wounds today when I visit.

:lol
Seriously. If my parents or myself ever get another dog it's going to live in a bubble.

Unfortunately with breeds like Frenchies they're bread with these genetic abnormalities to get the desired look. Typically the better looking a screw tail dog is the more abnormal he is genetically. We are lucky in that he's still young and can recover well. We'll just have to be overly cautious in controlling his behaviors. His days of jumping are definitely over.

Franken-Bogs

23lgv83.jpg

Going to visit again today around 1. Still no signs of movement in the rear but 2 days post op that's not surprising. He's still having a little problem with vomiting. Not sure what's going on there. I would think the anesthesia would be out of the system by now so that's the only concern I've got at the moment.

Thanks ladies. Ween, he wasn't acting normal for about a day; meaning he wasn't jumping up on furniture, but he wasn't acting any differently outside of that. The following day he just screamed out in pain and couldn't sit and the day after that he was paralyzed.

As for the update. He wiggled a toe today.
ak90jl.jpg

I'm just seeing this now. It's breaking my heart. :(

I'm just seeing this now. It's breaking my heart. :(

Yeah, me too, I did not go back that much on this thread. Reminds me of my wife's neck surgery. Here is to wishing for a speedy recovery of your dog Wofford! He is very lucky to have you.

Around here a lot of vets are very understanding and allow you to make payments. If I ever get another dog though, I'm buying insurance.

Back