Show your pet, best friend, partner .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great pictures everyone, luis and mookey, im really sorry for both you guys' losses. its amazing how much a pet can fill ones life with joy and become part of the family.

Here are pics of almost all my pets. Can't find one of my cats pics.

AJ
IMG_6472.jpg

Inferno
IMG_0796.jpg

Jewel
IMG_0499-1.jpg

Joy
IMG_2373.jpg

Jordan
IMG_4826.jpg

my partner :lol (Just for you B) :lol
IMG_9763-2.jpg

What methods did you use to introduce them all whenever adding a new edition to the family?

Well, with the older cat we had at the time when we brought Jewel and Inferno home we just sat them in the same area as the older cat. Just let them kind of lay next to each other and be around each other. Our older cat was really sick but he was so cool with just letting them crawl up to him and play with him. AJ came home not long after our male cat passed away so the 3 that live upstairs where all babies at the same time.

My suggestion would be like how we did things. Just let them hang around each other and get used to each other. Maybe not in huge chunks right away if you're worried about anything but they'll build a relationship with each other.

Has worked well with us over the years with the cats we've had.

Well, with the older cat we had at the time when we brought Jewel and Inferno home we just sat them in the same area as the older cat. Just let them kind of lay next to each other and be around each other. Our older cat was really sick but he was so cool with just letting them crawl up to him and play with him. AJ came home not long after our male cat passed away so the 3 that live upstairs where all babies at the same time.

My suggestion would be like how we did things. Just let them hang around each other and get used to each other. Maybe not in huge chunks right away if you're worried about anything but they'll build a relationship with each other.

Has worked well with us over the years with the cats we've had.

Cool Josh, I'm gonna let the lil one out to play for a little while tonight since we have them in separate rooms, I know my gal is still hissing at him whenever he attempts to make contact, so we'll see how it goes... :monkey1

Yeah, you gotta let them get used to each other or it will be awful or damn near impossible to have them in the same area. The older cat will get used to it and accept the little one. They might never get real close but they will learn to deal with each other and not fight all over the place.

I'm so sorry. I know how that is. We had a dog that was my dad's best bud and when my father died, Shelby went into a depression. He lived for 5 more years but when he was very sick, he'd lay out by our garage, aka, work room where my dad spent most of the day. It was like he was waiting for my dad to come get him.

Big hugs to you!
Luis i'm very sorry to here about lil Tate. so very adorable. my heart goes out to anyone around here who's lost a dear friend (furry or otherwise).

thank you much Ween. we had kind of the reverse of that situation. late '80s our family had this lil dog Cocoa, but it was most definitely my Dad's bud mainly. they lived and breathed for each other. Coke developed a spinal tumor late in life and she had to be put down. just tore Pop to pieces, moreso than i'd ever seen, and i'd seen him loose siblings. he was a WWII vet, but loosing that dog really broke him down.
shortly thereafter he had a brain aneurysm/major stroke and was paralyzed. died about a year later. now as you can imagine, the story flyin around the family was that loosing Cocoa caused it all. never put much faith in that, over coincidence, but who knows.

and thank you all for your kind words. they do help and are greatly appreciated. that's what i like about this place. people genuinely seem to care. this is the only place i even feel comfortable discussing this sappy stuff. it's just been a hell of an awful year. lost 3 pets earlier in rather quick succession. then the megabomb, my Mother. now shortly after, Shadow. it's about more than a man can take

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the kind words. Indeed it is devastating when you lose a furry friend. They depend so much on us, at least I have the comfort in knowing I made the best of his life while he was here.

Luis

That's a great thought. :)

here are some pics of my Rocky, i took him to the Vet today cuz i was playing with him earlier and he suddenly sneezed out blood....long story short, my dog has heartworm disease. the vet says there's a 65% chance he'll make it but he was very optimistic saying that he's still young and strong and that's a big plus, he's gonna be on medication and in a week he's gonna go in for his first hw treatment. really bummed out about it cuz i completely forgot to take him for his check up. he seems fine and he's being his self running around and playing so thats kinda comforting.

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

here are some pics of my Rocky, i took him to the Vet today cuz i was playing with him earlier and he suddenly sneezed out blood....long story short, my dog has heartworm disease. the vet says there's a 65% chance he'll make it but he was very optimistic saying that he's still young and strong and that's a big plus, he's gonna be on medication and in a week he's gonna go in for his first hw treatment. really bummed out about it cuz i completely forgot to take him for his check up. he seems fine and he's being his self running around and playing so thats kinda comforting.

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

I'm sure he'll be fine. Sorry he's going through this. :(

thanks Ween. btw, he's doing great and putting on weight which in this case is a good thing so he can handle the hw treatment. still got 3.5 more months to go but im pretty happy and very confident he'll pull through.

Used to have two, but had to get rid of them :monkey2 They flew around their cage like ____ off a stick. The hyper active little sods lol

Back