Show your LOTR shelves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear that. Though, I do have a little more room now that my collection has its own space. The way Weta is churning out stuff along with still needing to put the RWOS PF and Sauron PF that won't be the case much longer.

Well that did it... After all of my recent LOTR/Hobbit Lego acquisitions and checking out these shots I've put in The Hobbit blu-ray 3D for the I don't know what time... :clap:lol

Wow! Just wow! Awesome collection Josh! That's what I'm talking about - the collection of a true collector!:clap Congrats Josh! Thanks for showing the world (finally) your collection! You've got some really good pieces there (and some rare, grail ones too!). It's quite curious that you haven't got any PFs. Did you once collect them?

On another note, @7:10, if I could, I would've snatched your Argonath environment :lol (although you said it's Weathertop:wink1:) . This environment is one that I have been looking for a long time. It comes up rarely and so expensive nowadays! I missed it back then (since I wasn't collecting yet then) which is a bummer. I probably would have picked it up when I knew about it that time.

Congrats again for a very nice collection and great set up!:clap

Last edited:
Here is pic of some of my collection at the moment.

My_LOTR_collection_group_zpsa4805403.jpg

You wouldn't believe me if I told you why I had to chance them.

Great shot and collection bill59!:clap Is this really the way your collection is set up at home? It looks like the pieces are exhibited at a comic con or something. It's great! Why, what's the reason why you had to change the way they were set up? Of course, the present one is much better. It really shows the pieces pretty well and against a black backdrop really enhances each piece. Congrats!:clap

I love that pic Bill. And yes the black backdrop really makes a difference and it hides risers and such to give that true comic con feel.

Wow! Just wow! Awesome collection Josh! That's what I'm talking about - the collection of a true collector!:clap Congrats Josh! Thanks for showing the world (finally) your collection! You've got some really good pieces there (and some rare, grail ones too!). It's quite curious that you haven't got any PFs. Did you once collect them?

On another note, @7:10, if I could, I would've snatched your Argonath environment :lol (although you said it's Weathertop:wink1:) . This environment is one that I have been looking for a long time. It comes up rarely and so expensive nowadays! I missed it back then (since I wasn't collecting yet then) which is a bummer. I probably would have picked it up when I knew about it that time.

Congrats again for a very nice collection and great set up!:clap

Thanks man! I love how my collection looks now that I can really appreciate it. I love Middle-earth and love my SSW, Sideshow, Weta, and GG pieces. Not to mention my custom Red Book and Isildur's Scroll. No problem. I'm glad I'm finally able to show my stuff off. It's been a long time coming. I do have th Galadriel PF, RWOS PF (not set up yet), and have Sauron on order. I just don't have them out yet (or have Sauron yet) and I do have SS 1:6 figures as well. I just wanted to get some stuff up for you all.

I noticed that and I about did it again later. I had Weathertop on the brain. :lol This is the second time I had it. Shouldn't have gotten rid of it the first time but I was able to get it for a fair price so I jumped.

Thank again :hi5:

Very nice collections both Josh and Bill:clap
Great to finally see your collection, Josh. A really nice mix of statues, busts, helms and props. I'm a 1:6th guy, myself, but watching the video I can totally understand the attraction of statues to collectors. Love that Red Book, too. I remember discussing it with you briefly when you ordered it a while back, so it's cool to see it now on display. Are you going to get Isildur's Scroll framed, btw? Seeing it out unprotected is the only thing that concerned me. :lol I'm guessing the room is protected from any pets and/or kids, just made me think of how my cat would rip it to shreds if ever she got the chance.:panic:

Great to finally see your collection, Josh. A really nice mix of statues, busts, helms and props. I'm a 1:6th guy, myself, but watching the video I can totally understand the attraction of statues to collectors. Love that Red Book, too. I remember discussing it with you briefly when you ordered it a while back, so it's cool to see it now on display. Are you going to get Isildur's Scroll framed, btw? Seeing it out unprotected is the only thing that concerned me. :lol I'm guessing the room is protected from any pets and/or kids, just made me think of how my cat would rip it to shreds if ever she got the chance.:panic:

Thanks!! :duff The mix is one thing I think I'm most proud of. I love being able to show off different scales and types of Middle-earth Collectibles. I do very much prefer statues but I do like 1:6 figures. Next time I update I hope to have my 1:6 figures out from Lord of the Rings and my PF's out as well. The Red Book is so cool! It's worth the price to get and then some. The same goes for the scroll. I do planned to get it framed. It will be expensive to do but it will look nice. Not sure when though. I put one of those hook latches into the door and the other piece so it keeps the cat from getting in there. She's been able to open that door before so this makes sure that doesn't happen, because its held so tight she isn't strong enough.

GREAT Video Josh, lots to show and more to come, LOVE those banners!

REDBOOK YEA!

So much for starting over, looks like you never stopped!!

THANKS for sharing!

Great collection Josh... I love the little nook you've carved out for all your pieces, its a bit like my set-up of all things Middle-Earth... you can stand in that space surrounded by all the goodness :yess: Get your customs shelves done and it will all be tied together beautifully.

GREAT Video Josh, lots to show and more to come, LOVE those banners!

REDBOOK YEA!

So much for starting over, looks like you never stopped!!

THANKS for sharing!

Thanks! It's funny I've never stopped collecting but I did have to restart some Middle-earth collecting.

No problem :rock

Great collection Josh... I love the little nook you've carved out for all your pieces, its a bit like my set-up of all things Middle-Earth... you can stand in that space surrounded by all the goodness :yess: Get your customs shelves done and it will all be tied together beautifully.

Thank you :duff That's a nice thing about that room is I can go in there and just be surrounded but not overwhelmed.

So................. why did you have to change them? :lol

Great shot and collection bill59!:clap Is this really the way your collection is set up at home? It looks like the pieces are exhibited at a comic con or something. It's great! Why, what's the reason why you had to change the way they were set up? Of course, the present one is much better. It really shows the pieces pretty well and against a black backdrop really enhances each piece. Congrats!:clap

I love that pic Bill. And yes the black backdrop really makes a difference and it hides risers and such to give that true comic con feel.

Thanks guys, appreciate your kind comments. :hi5:

Okay you have asked and now I must answer.

The area where I had my collection on the windows

My_InWork_WindowDisplay_2_zps288f0874.jpg

My_InWork_WindowDisplay_1_zps0ac8b428.jpg

and the area between the two windows, is an area in work that I kind of made my own at one point. It all stated quite small, one piece at a time (as they were delivered). No one seemed to mind so I just continued to add, even bringing to work some piece from home, till I got to what you see above.

But then someone in work decided it would be a great idea to start a Pilates class (for 6 weeks) and my area was the only area that could be use, so my collection needed to be moved. It just so happened there were a couple of office not being used in the same building, so I moved my pieces in to one of them. :yess:

My_LOTR_collection_group_zpsa4805403.jpg

That's were they remain to this day. :wink1:

Needless to say I didn't partake in the Pilates. :rotfl

But then someone in work decided it would be a great idea to start a Pilates class (for 6 weeks) and my area was the only area that could be use, so my collection needed to be moved. It just so happened there were a couple of office not being used in the same building, so I moved my pieces in to one of them.

You sir are brave and lucky.
You must have some pull with the boss to do this, or you are the boss?
This is impressive and scary to have your collection at work!
I would not be able to sleep if I know my collection is out of my house, oh the nightmares of what could happen to them

Great set up.

Thanks swvendigo :wave, yeah I guess I am quite lucky.

The fact is, I spend more time at work than I do at home...and no I'm not the boss, he along with many of my work mates are in another building. So there is quite a bit of spare room in the building I work in.

As far as security is concerned, there is plenty of that at work, cameras and alarms all over the place. But I will admit, it still is quite a worry having some of my collection in work and not at home. But it does sees to be working out quite well just now. Fingers crossed it stays that way. :lol

You sir are brave and lucky.
You must have some pull with the boss to do this, or you are the boss?
This is impressive and scary to have your collection at work!
I would not be able to sleep if I know my collection is out of my house, oh the nightmares of what could happen to them

Great set up.

Hmm, I would say it's more scary to have the stuff at home actually. I'm new in this statue business, but I collect wargaming miniatures and find it safer to have the 1000s of minis stashed at work, instead of at home where the wife can see them and try to limit or discuss my spendings.

I think the bravest souls here, must be those who keep their living room full of stuff and still have wives or girlfriends. :clap:clap:clap

I think the bravest souls here, must be those who keep their living room full of stuff and still have wives or girlfriends. :clap:clap:clap

If your wife/girlfriend truly loved you,she would support your interests and passions :lecture

Back