Show your LOTR shelves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome shelves Josh. Thanks for sharing. I really like that big gash in the horse in the DR of M. Piece

Awesome shelves Josh. Thanks for sharing. I really like that big gash in the horse in the DR of M. Piece

Thanks :) The very small shelf was made by my great grandfather but all the rest are just bookshelves you can get at places like Target or big lots. The RWOS PF is a pretty darn sweet piece with tons of detail.

More iPhone pics

null_zps06998ad7.jpg

null_zps7ce6ae80.jpg

null_zpsf94f360a.jpg

null_zpsf5379f49.jpg

null_zps12ae8b99.jpg

null_zps24455c85.jpg

null_zpse465da50.jpg

null_zps62ba67c8.jpg

That's a nice well rounded collection Josh. The snow troll looks gigantic. I really enjoyed the game but passed on that one. I think you need more shelves for your Rider and Sauron though :)

I still have two incoming pieces from SS this year. If I can swing it I'll see if I can flex Sauron if he's still available.

That's a nice well rounded collection Josh. The snow troll looks gigantic. I really enjoyed the game but passed on that one. I think you need more shelves for your Rider and Sauron though :)

I still have two incoming pieces from SS this year. If I can swing it I'll see if I can flex Sauron if he's still available.

Yeah, I like that I kind of cover several bases within my collection. It's a large piece. I think he's a fair bit bigger than the cave troll statue is. I'm getting some. A guy I know is going to build me 1-2 custom cabinets that I can display things on. One of them is going to be 6ft tall, 42" wide, 18" deep. The other one will be closer to a standard bookshelf but both will be enclosed to help me keep from dusting. :lol So once I have them I will move some things around and have a bookshelf for Sauron/RWOS.

I've only got Sauron (1 FP left) and Vader Mythos (2 FP left) that's it. If you can swing Sauron I'd urge ya to do it. I think he's the best LOTR piece SS has ever done.

I'm still kicking myself for missing out on that Argonath environment. Didn't realize they would go as fast as they did.

Never knew that Danbury Mint Minas Tirith existed. That's a sweet piece that's for sure. I will not be missing Dale or Erebor if they make them.

Yeah, I like that I kind of cover several bases within my collection. It's a large piece. I think he's a fair bit bigger than the cave troll statue is. I'm getting some. A guy I know is going to build me 1-2 custom cabinets that I can display things on. One of them is going to be 6ft tall, 42" wide, 18" deep. The other one will be closer to a standard bookshelf but both will be enclosed to help me keep from dusting. :lol So once I have them I will move some things around and have a bookshelf for Sauron/RWOS.

I've only got Sauron (1 FP left) and Vader Mythos (2 FP left) that's it. If you can swing Sauron I'd urge ya to do it. I think he's the best LOTR piece SS has ever done.

Wow, you have a really good ME collection Josh! I really want an Argonath enviro in my collection!:monkey2 I came in a tad late into the collecting hobby and I missed this! I have only the DVD bookends Argonath atm but I want the full enviro. I hope Weta re-visits it and does a larger version of it (wishful thinking).:lol

Wow, you have only Sauron and Vader Mythos left? I didn't know you're into SW as well. Not picking up any Hot Toys? So after Sauron, your focus will be on Weta Middle Earth stuff?

Nice, LOTS of nice stuff in there Josh, you know the more I look at the SS bases then more I like them better! Compared to the older SSW bases, the SS bases are much better!

I'm still kicking myself for missing out on that Argonath environment. Didn't realize they would go as fast as they did.

Never knew that Danbury Mint Minas Tirith existed. That's a sweet piece that's for sure. I will not be missing Dale or Erebor if they make them.

I missed it the first time. They had a few come back in-stock near the end of the 2011-2012 school year. They stuck around long enough for me to order it from my car.

Yeah, I don't recall the date it went up but I do remember everyone being in a hurry to get one before DM took it off the site.

Wow, you have a really good ME collection Josh! I really want an Argonath enviro in my collection!:monkey2 I came in a tad late into the collecting hobby and I missed this! I have only the DVD bookends Argonath atm but I want the full enviro. I hope Weta re-visits it and does a larger version of it (wishful thinking).:lol

Wow, you have only Sauron and Vader Mythos left? I didn't know you're into SW as well. Not picking up any Hot Toys? So after Sauron, your focus will be on Weta Middle Earth stuff?

Thanks! :duff Its a great piece. I was so glad they had a few come back in-stock. Those are great! If they're the only ones you ever have its not a bad replacement.

Yeah, those are the only two things I have on order from SS at the moment. Yup, I enjoy me some SW as well. :lol I've had several items from SW in the collection over the years. I've got a few 1:6 left but they're put away. I've got a few Marvel HT pieces but sold several off. Not sure if I'll get anymore going forward. I just don't think I want to pay $250+ for a 1:6 figure when I can get a great statue for that. Pretty much. I have some points at SS to use and I will on something.

There are a couple items from comic-con this year Grievous and Modern 1:6 Batman I will possibly get. However, with all the stuff Weta will be doing for The Hobbit and now LOTR statues I'll be spending a fair amount with them. If SS has anymore Middle-earth stuff coming in the future I will give it a good look to decide if I will order.

Nice, LOTS of nice stuff in there Josh, you know the more I look at the SS bases then more I like them better! Compared to the older SSW bases, the SS bases are much better!

Thank ya :hi5: I love both. I know it makes me look like a fence rider but I really do. I think with the SS pieces it really adds a nice bit of spice to them but I also like the classic look of what the SSW or Weta based. I mean who doesn't love seeing the map of Middle-earth or Thorin's map?

There are a couple items from comic-con this year Grievous and Modern 1:6 Batman I will possibly get. However, with all the stuff Weta will be doing for The Hobbit and now LOTR statues I'll be spending a fair amount with them. If SS has anymore Middle-earth stuff coming in the future I will give it a good look to decide if I will order.

Tbh, when I learnt that SS had not revealed any ME items from CC, I was a bit disappointed but I considered it bit of respite on my part as I have been on full swing acquiring stuff that I really wanted to have in a short span of time. And Weta's reveals are too awesome to put into words, so yeah, I guess until we see or hear something from SS, we can rest a bit. But Josh, if SS releases something ME, you must get it! No more looking and deciding...:lecture :rotfl:rotfl

Tbh, when I learnt that SS had not revealed any ME items from CC, I was a bit disappointed but I considered it bit of respite on my part as I have been on full swing acquiring stuff that I really wanted to have in a short span of time. And Weta's reveals are too awesome to put into words, so yeah, I guess until we see or hear something from SS, we can rest a bit. But Josh, if SS releases something ME, you must get it! No more looking and deciding...:lecture :rotfl:rotfl

I was totally disappointed. Weta had so much stuff though it was easy to balance it all out. If they release something I really want I will jump on it. No worries there. If not then that's more money to shift towards Weta as far as the collecting budget goes.

Back