Show your LOTR shelves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys :wave

I don't come to this section much, I need to more.

Anyways, I'm looking for a SSC's 1/6 Legolas, if any of you have one and are willing to sell PM me.

Thanks. :D

Sorry for the offtopicness.

Why? Because I need the money. I'm currently going through a divorce and if I want to keep my house, I need the money to pay off part of my mortgage. I'm not happy about it, but it needs to be done.

Sorry to hear, my friend, went through this myself a few years ago.

Question for everyone here with the great displays - I'm mainly a Star Wars guy, but love LOTR and Hobbit. I'm looking to do a minimal display with a few pieces. I'm not going to ask what should I get, because I don't want to get bogged down with "get what you like" responses. However, I am going to ask, if I'm going to display the books, what pieces do you think would compliment the books?

Keep in mind, I'm looking to keep this small. Maybe 3-5 pieces in all. Gandalf makes the cut already, but probably in SS statue format as I collect the SW PF and I like the smaller fully sculpted ones from LOTR. Curious on your thoughts?

Question for everyone here with the great displays - I'm mainly a Star Wars guy, but love LOTR and Hobbit. I'm looking to do a minimal display with a few pieces. I'm not going to ask what should I get, because I don't want to get bogged down with "get what you like" responses. However, I am going to ask, if I'm going to display the books, what pieces do you think would compliment the books?

Keep in mind, I'm looking to keep this small. Maybe 3-5 pieces in all. Gandalf makes the cut already, but probably in SS statue format as I collect the SW PF and I like the smaller fully sculpted ones from LOTR. Curious on your thoughts?
If it's to be displayed alongside the books, I'd avoid film-created characters or those with very small book presence.

Gandalf is a must because he's a pivotal character in both stories. I'd recommend Weta's recent GtG over Sideshow's maquette because it's a better representation. But your decision should also take into consideration other statues of interest because the display will look better if the bases match.

I think an evil character is another must. If you go with Sideshow's GtG maquette then the Ringwraith maquette would be my logical choice. But if you decide on Weta's Gandalf, either their Morgul Lord or Ringwraith on Steed (but that'll be pricey).

If i was you, i would pick some little environments by Weta like the Prancing pony, BuckleBerry Ferry, Amon sul or the Argonath.

Then, think the best thing would be the 1/4 Busts by Weta, but i know that some people really dislike busts, so you could try to go with 1/6 Sideshow maquettes or 1/6 Sideshow/Weta statues which are now quite hard to find concerning some of them, but their are really some great statues just like for exemple the Ringwraith on Steed, the Watcher in the Water, Bilbo Baggins, etc ...

So, you could try for exemple to get the bag end environment + bilbo baggins statue by Weta + noble collection bilbo's pipe to build a great corner ... and same thing for the Ringwraith on steed with BuckleBerry ferry environment. :hi5:

Bag End environment is a must IMO + the fellowship of the rings dio sets from weta, if you want to keep the display small but with all important characters.

'The Fellowship' diorama set from Weta is a good call.

Also agree that Bag End and Weta's GTG are musts.

If i was to really limit it, i'd suggest:

The Sideshow/Weta bookends for your actual books (includes Gandalf, Bilbo and Bag End)

Bag End

The Fellowship diorama

Ringwraith on steed statue.

Or the ringwraith and steed busts by Weta!

I appreciate all the comments. While we all have our own tastes, I would rather display a character or 2 rather than environments (though they are very well done).

I have been keeping an eye open for the bookends as those would fit perfectly.

The new small scale seated Gandalf from WETA is perfect for small display areas, as is the Gollum piece. Add a Badali Arkenstone and a replica 1 ring and you've covered a fair few major bases :lecture

So I've sent PMs to a few who might be looking to move the "No Admittance" bookends. If anyone here knows of someone trying to unload them, let them know I'm interested.

So I've sent PMs to a few who might be looking to move the "No Admittance" bookends. If anyone here knows of someone trying to unload them, let them know I'm interested.

If I can find my shipping box, I'll sell you mine...

I appreciate all the comments. While we all have our own tastes, I would rather display a character or 2 rather than environments (though they are very well done).

I have been keeping an eye open for the bookends as those would fit perfectly.

The mini weta statues may look nice to display next to the books...

IMG_6538-682x1024.jpg

More here:

https://www.wetanz.com/lotr/
That, maybe Gandalf's pipe and the one ring would make a nice corner.

these sit on my shelves .... diorama's I made with the armies of Middle Earth figures.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/17649735@N00/?saved=1

I am trying to complete collecting enough figures for a massive Helms Deep diorama that should be as large as a good sized ping pong table.

That's awesome. I take it you repainted some of the figures or is that original out of the box?

That's awesome. I take it you repainted some of the figures or is that original out of the box?

Thanks to all for the kind words.

Some are out of the box. Some are repainted. Some are customized into new figures.

For example, on the Pelennor Fields scene, lots of those orcs are customized coming up with new figures where none existed before since the Mordor orcs varied so much. Same with the trolls - one is pretty much out of the box and the other I changed his headgear to match the one in the film.

The Crossings at the Ford was the most fun with all the landscape and the water avalanche of the white riders about to overtake the Nazgul.

I have 650 figures for Helms Deep but need more. I have all the major buildings constructed except for the deepest one that joins into the mountains at the rear with all the arches. The scene will be a composite scene after the Deeping Wall has been blown and Theoden and Aragorn come riding out of the Keep on the ramp while Gandalf and Eomer ride down the hill toward the orcs at the bottom. I have even planned for a sunlight that can be turned on to simulate the blindness of the orcs like the film did.

Right now, I am trying to get the additional figures. I am always looking for orcs, Rohirrim, elves and almost anything I can use for the dead stuck in the muck.

One major problem has been that no other figures used the Armies of Middle Earth scale so the figures can be hard to get. But I am always looking.

Back