Show Your Entire Iron Man & Avengers Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Show Your Entire Iron Man & Avengers Collection!

1/4 plus scale 500 plus bucks.....I don't see how that's a party. just kiddin'

Thanos 1/6 $415
Hulkbuster 1/6 $825
Whiplash 1/6 $400
Robocop 1/6 w/chair $425

Some folks are already at the door.. Might as well come in! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is that the best you can do???
3de8470a6d7e0eea0be21e42d8f49e05.jpg

HT and PI Collection. Couldn't muster the energy to pull out the gantry but it's there. One day when get this display all together. :lol

No it won't be cheap. The acrylic I bought yesterday, and that was over $200 alone. It'll be a wood base, with the acrylic slotted in to wood frame. Like this kinda:

View attachment 216254

But instead of legs, the bottom will be a solid cabinet, painted black.

Here's pretty much exactly what I'm going for [found better pic]:

411732389.jpg

There will be a door on the end facing you. Store boxes etc underneath :)

No it won't be cheap. The acrylic I bought yesterday, and that was over $200 alone. It'll be a wood base, with the acrylic slotted in to wood frame. Like this kinda:

But instead of legs, the bottom will be a solid cabinet, painted black.

Your concept looks great. If you have not cut the acrylic or peeled the protective layer off may I recommend that you use 1/4 plate glass? Were I live they cost the same and the glass will hold up. Even if you're very careful, acrylic can start to look old in less then a year just from "dust" damage.

PLUS with 1/4 plate glass the top area will not need any wood to support it. The front and back can be glued to the glass sides with 1/4 double sided glass tape and the top can just sit in place. I would recommend a thin rubber bead seal to prevent it from getting scratched

You also might want to consider a solid floor which can be decorated it like a ruble laden street. That way you can drill it for the dynamic posts and you will not need to interrupt the vibe of the diorama with a mish mosh of bases

I'm figuring you will have about $400 into this when you are done, which may seem expensive but considering that you will use it to display figures worth close to $2000 it is a good investment.

Doing the work yourself will save you a ton of money. I've built medal boxes that sit on a coffee table that cost as much a this so think of how much it would have cost to pay someone to do it

200 on acrylic? What is it bullet proof thick? Or is it going to be 39 foot tall? That's a lot of money for acrylic. You can a large sheet for 10-20 bucks at Home Depot. It really should not be that expensive. Unless you are going for some really thick Lexan or something.

You sound just like the people that ask me build them a custom 6' x 3' display case and then when I tell them it will be $400 they question my price and claim you can get a sheet of plywood at Lowes for $10.

Last edited:
Your concept looks great. If you have not cut the acrylic or peeled the protective layer off may I recommend that you use 1/4 plate glass? Were I live they cost the same and the glass will hold up. Even if you're very careful, acrylic can start to look old in less then a year just from "dust" damage.

Well, I originally was gonna do the 'weld acrylic' deal, so top was totally clear. But that changed as I went. Him, didn't know that it would look bad faster....

I'll consider all your pointers.

Floor: Yes that's what i'm going to do, solid floor with drilled for dynamics/rubble :)

Well, I originally was gonna do the 'weld acrylic' deal, so top was totally clear. But that changed as I went. Him, didn't know that it would look bad faster....

I'll consider all your pointers.

Floor: Yes that's what i'm going to do, solid floor with drilled for dynamics/rubble :)

Acrylic is very easy to damage, even wiping off dust creates micro abrasions. It is also easier to connect the glass. The 1/4 tape is easy to apply.

You can also use silicon and painters tape or the glass shop might even glue it together for you.

I also forgot to mention that the back could be solid too.

I'm very excited to see what you do with this.

PS: I know you wanted the bottom to look solid but you might consider some 6-8" deep shelves for the front, it would give you additional display area for Row or two of HPP HOA Bays :)

Boom here are the pics you're looking for!

I also forgot to mention that the back could be solid too.

I'm very excited to see what you do with this.

Yeah, I got one of the backgrounds from TwelveInchFigures here, the Avengers City Battle one.

Thanks for the pointers, I'll start a thread of the build when I start. :)

Back