Show Your Entire Iron Man & Avengers Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know which Iron Man is this from in this pic I took in 2011-2012 ish. And is it worth owning today?

47716269572_e6e81cdecf_b.jpg

Does anyone know which Iron Man is this from in this pic I took in 2011-2012 ish. And is it worth owning today?

47716269572_e6e81cdecf_b.jpg

That is the battle damaged mark III, pretty much the worst armor HT made proportionally. It’s body is very skinny, the panties and abs on it fade to pink terribly and has a pin head. Lol. They coolest part of the figure is the diorama stand.

Last edited:
That is the battle damaged mark III, pretty much the worst armor HT made proportionally. It’s proportions are bad, the panties and abs on it fade to pink terribly and has a pin head. Lol. They coolest part of the figure is the diorama stand.

So what's the best MKIII out there then? The Diecast?

Unfortunately yes. To be honest there is not a good Mark III our there. The die-cast is ridiculously short compared to the other mark armors. If you are planning to buy a Mark III and not have any other iron man you will be fine. Crouch him in a battle pose and it will blend in with other figures just fine.

When it is displayed with other armors it’s a very noticeable height difference. There’s nothing wrong with the quality of the armor and it is very sharp in hand. The size difference is a big turn off though.

Unfortunately yes. To be honest there is not a good Mark III our there. The die-cast is ridiculously short compared to the other mark armors. If you are planning to buy a Mark III and not have any other iron man you will be fine. Crouch him in a battle pose and it will blend in with other figures just fine.

When it is displayed with other armors it’s a very noticeable height difference. There’s nothing wrong with the quality of the armor and it is very sharp in hand. The size difference is a big turn off though.

Got it, it's either the MKII or VII for me. I've never bought an Iron Man figure before. I'm not paying for the asking price of the upcoming MKVII Diecast, does the regular MKVII still holds up today?

Got it, it's either the MKII or VII for me. I've never bought an Iron Man figure before. I'm not paying for the asking price of the upcoming MKVII Diecast, does the regular MKVII still holds up today?

It is a solid offering, nice accessories and has really good paint. The mark is naturally bulkier so it does scale decently with other figures. Should be able to get it for a decent price with the new die cast coming out. It’s a standout piece of the Avengers, the downside of the offering is the Tony Stark sculpt, looks like a Hispanic Scott Baio.

Last edited:
Thanks I got the idea for his lighting when I was setting up my Carbon freeze chamber diorama on the Star Wars side of the room.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Sure! apologies about the iPhone pics, I have unpacked toys but not my my DSLR :)

View attachment 452500

Thank you for posting this picture. I always had extreme difficulty posing this damn figure. Obviously the base isn’t conducive for good posing and the stupid off center pole with the included crotch grabber definitely doesn’t help. I thought swapping the crotch grabber to a waist grabber (obviously only big enough to grab a leg) would help, and it did, but only in helping to keep the damn thing from toppling over.

Anyways, I saw your pose a few days ago and I finally stole it. Thank you again for posting it as this was one of my most frustrating figures.

Attachments

• C6D1D0FF-43EC-4A49-B763-CFF4F7BB9DEC.jpg
    C6D1D0FF-43EC-4A49-B763-CFF4F7BB9DEC.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 658
Thank you for posting this picture. I always had extreme difficulty posing this damn figure. Obviously the base isn’t conducive for good posing and the stupid off center pole with the included crotch grabber definitely doesn’t help. I thought swapping the crotch grabber to a waist grabber (obviously only big enough to grab a leg) would help, and it did, but only in helping to keep the damn thing from toppling over.

Anyways, I saw your pose a few days ago and I finally stole it. Thank you again for posting it as this was one of my most frustrating figures.

Nice photo, agree, so many moving parts to this one it's a bit of a bamboozle to pose him up.

Here is my current set up on my iron man/tony stark. Still waiting for my hall of armor background to be made so hopefully be here soon! Also been debating on selling my mark 7 as I love the battle damage look on the new mark 7. Also debating on getting the mark 2 die cast to add to this set up. Hopefully the background gets here soon!

Back