Show Your Entire Iron Man & Avengers Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a bit of an oddity in the industry

I used to do mostly kitchens but also built custom cabinets, now I really only do the occasional job for a friend or close acquaintance

My connection to our collection allows me to understand other people better and I seem to "get' what they want to do and I'm able to help them bring their concept to reality.

In most cases I have to guide them in a more reasonable direction and in some situations I am able to show people alternative ways to achieve what they want.

How does one find someone in your line of work? I'm not ready for it yet but when I want to buy a house, something custom built would be ideal

I build display systems for collections and if I were you I would think about a multiple smaller displays.

Otherwise, that's going to be a HUGE display case, if you allocate about 9" width per figure that 3rd row would require a case wider then 8 feet.

Plus if you go with a single unit, you either have to wait until the collection is almost full or you will have huge empty areas.

You could go a different way

Perhaps one for the original 7, another for the conceptual/repeat armors, one for the HPP and one for everything else?

You can also do a mix of shelves and cabinets, you're really only limited by your budget and from personal experience it is easier on the budget to build multiple small displays instead of large singular units.

PS- I don't know your collecting mentality but I personally don't have a problem selling figures that are upgraded. For instance, when I buy the die cast mark six I will sell my original.

I'm sentimentally connected to the idea of the collection, not the physical items in the collection.

Here are some of the blue prints that I made up a while ago.

I figured a case that will be 6ft high and have 5 shelves. Each shelf will have 15 in between each except the second one, that one will have only 13in. That is to compensate for Hulkbuster being on the bottom. The second to last shelf will be two separate shelves.

You seem to have multiple designs shown so I don't really know which is the final sollution

First issue I see is the width of the shelves.

A 60" wide piece of glass could be 3/8" thick but more likely need to be 1/2" thick to support the weight of what you plan to display.

A 3/8" x 16" x 60" piece of glass weighs apx 33 pounds and will cost about and will cost about $200

The same shelf in 1/2 will weigh 44 pounds and cost about $250

When you go with a piece of glass that large any defect in the glass will be amplified by the sheer weight of the glass and be more likely to fail due to stress.

I.E. - The same defect in a piece of glass that is 3/8 thick and 12" square will be less likely to fail then if you have the exact same defect in a piece of glass that was 3/8 thick x 16" deep by 60" wide.

If you plan to use multiple supports across the width that will cause it's own set of issues. If each bracket doesn't apply the exact same amount of pressure to the shelf it will create stress that could cause the shelf to fail.

The second design seems to be the most logical but I don't get the narrow left and right side areas that appear to have 4 display areas each.

If you are sold on a single unit you can always build multiple single units that connect in a way that in the end the look like a single unit.

This will make them more manageable when you need to move them and you could always replace and older section with a newer updated section without have to rebuild the entire unit.

Anyway, this discussion is more suited to the "How to display your collectables" forum

You seem to have multiple designs shown so I don't really know which is the final sollution

First issue I see is the width of the shelves.

A 60" wide piece of glass could be 3/8" thick but more likely need to be 1/2" thick to support the weight of what you plan to display.

A 3/8" x 16" x 60" piece of glass weighs apx 33 pounds and will cost about and will cost about $200

The same shelf in 1/2 will weigh 44 pounds and cost about $250

When you go with a piece of glass that large any defect in the glass will be amplified by the sheer weight of the glass and be more likely to fail due to stress.

I.E. - The same defect in a piece of glass that is 3/8 thick and 12" square will be less likely to fail then if you have the exact same defect in a piece of glass that was 3/8 thick x 16" deep by 60" wide.

If you plan to use multiple supports across the width that will cause it's own set of issues. If each bracket doesn't apply the exact same amount of pressure to the shelf it will create stress that could cause the shelf to fail.

The second design seems to be the most logical but I don't get the narrow left and right side areas that appear to have 4 display areas each.

If you are sold on a single unit you can always build multiple single units that connect in a way that in the end the look like a single unit.

This will make them more manageable when you need to move them and you could always replace and older section with a newer updated section without have to rebuild the entire unit.

Anyway, this discussion is more suited to the "How to display your collectables" forum

I found a place that can do tempered glass which increases the amount that it can hold. Also I would have 4 supports on each shelf. All the pics shown are each level of design, the front, back, side, top and bottom. I found a 60" display for sale on some website for $800.00 but I believe that I could spend less than that building it myself.

I've been using my "open" top self lately to pose up some more involved action scenes -- reminded me why I got into this hobby in the first place! Here's a quick shot of my evolving "Avengers vs. The Cabal" I set up last night. Enjoy!

The Cabal.jpg

Just had to temporarily move all of my figures to a different room. I thought I would show a group video of my Marvel Good Guys.

...sorry forgot to add the link. I have on pre order Drax, Falcon CW, Bucky CW, Black Panther, War Machine CW, Daredevil , Doctor Strange and Iron Man CW.

Back