Show Your Entire Iron Man & Avengers Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pic! Mark 1 is really the grail of every IM collector, hope they release a DC version soon!

I wonder how they would do a DC MK1. It's a regular body under the armor and if they used DC on most of the armor they would have to use a new body to carry the extra weight. I'm pretty happy with my my MK1 2.0 it would be hard to see how they could really improve it enough to justify a $350 price tag.

I wonder how they would do a DC MK1. It's a regular body under the armor and if they used DC on most of the armor they would have to use a new body to carry the extra weight. I'm pretty happy with my my MK1 2.0 it would be hard to see how they could really improve it enough to justify a $350 price tag.

Don't really see how they could improve it either aside from updating the head sculpt again. It's not like it had the greatest articulation in the movie anyway, so no need to really update it there. It already looks like metal. And from I can tell through pictures and videos, to this date it's still one the most complex in terms of construction and detailed in terms of paint app.

Selfishly though, I want them to make a die cast version because I'd rather pay the $350 for a new figure than secondary market prices.

Agreed, 100%. Diecast doesn't necessarily mean better (i.e. Mk. III). And SoGS makes great points as well especially in regards to new collectors waiting for the original 7 to be remade instead of paying through the nose on the secondary market.

I suspect that even if this does get the Diecast treatment, it will be last or next to last. I honestly called it that the Mk. VI would be the next one right after the WM was announced and many of those parts carry over to the Mk. IV which will probably be next considering the release in Shanghai and the nostalgia of the armor. Mks. II & V are hard to call because many, myself included, feel that the original Mk. V was pretty horrible and could benefit greatly from the Diecast treatment but the fact that the Mk. II basically just needs rivets added to the Mk. III mold, it might come first. As far as the Mk. VII Diecast, I really don't see that happening until they finish the HPP line of armors that use Mk. VII parts (12 of the 17 yet to be made or announced).

So getting in new Midas and whole lots of other stuff had me rearranging and reposing. I'm pretty "whatevered" feeling about my setup but unsure about how this looks on original Midas. He needs to be positioned just a little bit lower than standing height and I wanted to do something dynamic. I know he looks kinda dumb, especially in the 2nd picture but look kinda Kool in person. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 456
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 463
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 466
Thanks guys. Still waiting on Black Panther, and Civil War/Homecoming Spidey. Then I can die happy. LOL

Thanks guys. Still waiting on Black Panther, and Civil War/Homecoming Spidey. Then I can die happy. LOL

I'll add "living longer" to my list of reason's why I'll wait for the solo movie versions before picking up Black Panther and Spider-Man. :lol

By the way, great set up in the pic of your collection JediJim!

Back