Show Your Entire Iron Man & Avengers Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is the best i can do..

DSC00309_zpsribifzv1.jpg

DSC00312_zpsxnjwfbmp.jpg

.. not really, i didn't have enough stands or space to include snapper, peacemaker, python, or striker.

Nice! You could use the magnet mounts I've been working on-

Pretty much was maxed out space wise with those giant dumb bases on the Iron Man stands, but I still want the dynamic stands in play so put down a sheet of stainless steel (painted) and some mounting magnets with a screw and a coupler (the dynamic stands are M8x1.00 fine thread, which basically doesn't exist. Found one guy in china on ebay selling this sort of coupler for $5 each)

Just got it together, nothing elaborate pose wise yet and still need to pretty up the magnet itself but proof of concept is exactly what I wanted. Magnets are super strong

M8 Mounting magnets
https://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MM-B-48

q25XFuA.jpg

nS94tcZ.jpg

2oQ6vkA.jpg

Iy6W4VZ.jpg

rhtuk5N.jpg

ja1JD76.jpg

Compared to the abject clutter of bases

k6Md2ee.jpg

Sweet pics man, really makes me want war machine to go with my 45 instead of holding out for 3.0... hmm

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah they do look great together. In all honesty it'd be the last of the IM/WM combos I'd choose if it came down to this vs Mk6/Mk1 or Mk46/Mk3. AoU WM is my first figure though so I want to keep it in the collection to pair with my first IM. If I had to pick one pair it'd easily be the WM Mk1 with a DC Mk6 if it ever happens.

Pretty much was maxed out space wise with those giant dumb bases on the Iron Man stands, but I still want the dynamic stands in play so put down a sheet of stainless steel (painted) and some mounting magnets with a screw and a coupler (the dynamic stands are M8x1.00 fine thread, which basically doesn't exist. Found one guy in china on ebay selling this sort of coupler for $5 each)

Just got it together, nothing elaborate pose wise yet and still need to pretty up the magnet itself but proof of concept is exactly what I wanted. Magnets are super strong

That's a great idea. Either way your set-up looks awesome. Love how the War Machines look like they're having fun hanging out lol.

noob question, but can these be used in detolfs? or must be drilled in? They might be a solution to my nightmare

noob question, but can these be used in detolfs? or must be drilled in? They might be a solution to my nightmare

Not in the way he has them. And it would not add enough space to be worth it in a detolf. Not enough volume in the space for that to make much difference.

Not in the way he has them. And it would not add enough space to be worth it in a detolf. Not enough volume in the space for that to make much difference.

Thanks! I just bought a detolf and realised that with the hpp base it gets real tight height wise just by standing a iron man figure on his toes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easiest thing to do is bend the pole forward about an inch, then back up. It effectively lowers the height by around an inch. And if you need more space do multiple bends.

You can also buy rope clips for a few dollars. That allows you to make the case totally adjustable.

You could, you'd just need to find or cut down a piece of metal to fit the space. I just used three 2'x1' sheets of steel from Lowes and it just sits on its own weight on top of some of that squishy drawer liner material so it doesn't skid around or scratch anything. You just need something ferrous for the magnets to attach to.

When I build my new display (not anytime soon but), I plan on putting metal along the underside of the shelf above as well so I can stick the dynamic stands to it and suspend them for the flying poses

Last edited:

M8 Mounting magnets
https://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MM-B-48

q25XFuA.jpg

nS94tcZ.jpg

2oQ6vkA.jpg

Iy6W4VZ.jpg

rhtuk5N.jpg

ja1JD76.jpg

Compared to the abject clutter of bases

k6Md2ee.jpg

Looks fantastic and a great idea.

That photo was shot on my floor with some poster board and a $5 bed sheet lol.

I don't mind the current stands (I wish they were shorter).. But my problem was that hot rod came with a different stand and I haven't found a safe way to use a clip stand on peacemaker and snapper while able to pose them the way I would've liked in that shot.

It's not a big deal. I'm going to need to pick up a larger shelving unit for my den. Perhaps it's time for a trip to ikea.

@rocbolt @TimothyR

Question for you guys (or anyone with experience for that matter) since all of your figures are utilizing the waist grabber. Have they ever left a mark or damaged your figures/paint? I'm just worried that if I leave it on for a while I might see a big ole black mark around the waist once I decide to move it lol.

@rocbolt @TimothyR

Question for you guys (or anyone with experience for that matter) since all of your figures are utilizing the waist grabber. Have they ever left a mark or damaged your figures/paint? I'm just worried that if I leave it on for a while I might see a big ole black mark around the waist once I decide to move it lol.

I've never had an issue with an Iron Man figure, the layer of soft foam inside the grabber seems to do a fine job protecting the finish and hasn't left any marks or stains so far.

I've never had an issue with an Iron Man figure, the layer of soft foam inside the grabber seems to do a fine job protecting the finish and hasn't left any marks or stains so far.

Same for me. I haven't noticed anything and I take them in and out A LOT. The only one that worries me is centurion because his midsection seems a little wider than most, but still, I haven't had a problem. Right now I have Starboost, centurion, heartbreaker, and shotgun in hovering poses on my coffee table.

Nice simple poses, just like I like. :) .. Like the GA Cap with the shield attached to stand arm. And on the MKVII, I take it that's the knockoff scaled down head from the MK43 QS? Looks really nice, better than HT Tony sculpt that came with the figure. Have been considering picking it up. Does it go right on?

Nice simple poses, just like I like. :) .. Like the GA Cap with the shield attached to stand arm. And on the MKVII, I take it that's the knockoff scaled down head from the MK43 QS? Looks really nice, better than HT Tony sculpt that came with the figure. Have been considering picking it up. Does it go right on?

Yes, the head is the knockoff version, but Wow! It looks pretty much like 1/4 scale version, and it goes right in without any modification. Head comes with the collar as well.

Back