Show Your Entire Iron Man & Avengers Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, I am a new collector and seeking some advice and opinions, hope that is ok in this thread. I am gathering an Avengers team, but can’t make up my mind whether I wait for Civil War version or go for AoU or other. So far I only have Thor from AoU.
I understand it is to a large extent a matter of taste, and as some of them are not even released, it is a matter of speculations, but that would be valuable for me.
The ones I am looking for are:
Captain America , chosing between Civil War and second hand First Avenger
Ironman, Civil War or other version
Black Widow, Civil War or AoU
Hulk, AoU or The Avengers with Dr Banner

Hi guys, I am a new collector and seeking some advice and opinions, hope that is ok in this thread. I am gathering an Avengers team, but can’t make up my mind whether I wait for Civil War version or go for AoU or other. So far I only have Thor from AoU.
I understand it is to a large extent a matter of taste, and as some of them are not even released, it is a matter of speculations, but that would be valuable for me.

I'm too OCD to put different movie figs mixed together but for Cap I'd wait for CW, Iron Man go for MK43, Black widow wait for CW(better hair) and Hulk go for Avengers 1 with torn pants because it's a basic, all situation Hulk.

Some collectors look at price point. New line-ups command a higher buy-price. AOU prices drop on release of new CW figures.
If you are a pure completist, there can only be AOU or CW line.

My personal collection looks like this:
12795356_769053309861447_5528084400414846685_n.jpg

AOU Hawkeye, TWS Capt America, TDW Thor, TWS Black Widow, Marvel Select Ant-man miniature, IM1 Diecast MKIII, AOU HULK

Can your eyes take what you see? Is my collection a messed up jumble for you?
It boils down to personal tastes and preferences.

Some collectors look at the amount of accessories for the character.
Some look more to the price-to-value ratio, are they getting their worth and maximizing the value for their run of money?
While others go by aesthetics i.e. resemblance of head-sculpt, costume designs, number of articulation points etc.
Then there's the more dedicated group of collectors who collects everything.

I would say go with what your heart wants! :wink1:

You may actually be better off waiting for Infinity War to come and go, and then deciding which lineup you like the best. A lot of these figures don't soar in price on the aftermarket like they used to three or four years ago due to much wider availability and the iterative nature of the Marvel releases.

I started mixed line. Avengers Banner, The Dark World Thor, The Winter Soldier Black Widow, Age of Ultron Iron Man, Captain America and Hawkeye. It can still look quite good. James' photo there looks great to me. But there is also something nice about having them match the same line. I will soon in the next week or so have all characters from AoU except Banner.

I'm not sure I would have the original core members together from Civil War though. I think if I was to have one or more figures from that line it would just be one or two as Avenger representatives, or in Civil War teams.

Hey all. 1st post here. I have just started collecting Hot Toys after many years of admiring them. I finally gave in after seeing them in person last month....wish I had not as its been an expensive time building up the Avengers team. I have the below so far with Ant Man on the way. I am going to get Civil War Captain America and Scarlet Witch. Gonna pass on Black Widow and Falcon until the next Avengers movie.

IMG_0046.jpg

@ Brainiac , Thanks man! I gotta say that I am finding myself staring at them a lot...I did not know that they would look so real!

I'm too OCD to put different movie figs mixed together but for Cap I'd wait for CW, Iron Man go for MK43, Black widow wait for CW(better hair) and Hulk go for Avengers 1 with torn pants because it's a basic, all situation Hulk.

Thanks for the tips! IM MK43 looks a little expensive however, do you have any other suggestions? Or is it just to pay up? :)

You may actually be better off waiting for Infinity War to come and go, and then deciding which lineup you like the best. A lot of these figures don't soar in price on the aftermarket like they used to three or four years ago due to much wider availability and the iterative nature of the Marvel releases.

Thanks for the insight! however, that feels like ages until it is time for Infinity War :)

Some collectors look at price point. New line-ups command a higher buy-price. AOU prices drop on release of new CW figures.
If you are a pure completist, there can only be AOU or CW line.

My personal collection looks like this:
12795356_769053309861447_5528084400414846685_n.jpg

AOU Hawkeye, TWS Capt America, TDW Thor, TWS Black Widow, Marvel Select Ant-man miniature, IM1 Diecast MKIII, AOU HULK

Can your eyes take what you see? Is my collection a messed up jumble for you?
It boils down to personal tastes and preferences.

Some collectors look at the amount of accessories for the character.
Some look more to the price-to-value ratio, are they getting their worth and maximizing the value for their run of money?
While others go by aesthetics i.e. resemblance of head-sculpt, costume designs, number of articulation points etc.
Then there's the more dedicated group of collectors who collects everything.

I would say go with what your heart wants! :wink1:

Wow, that looks awesome! Something I hope to reach in the end!
I am the opposite of a purist, I would like to pick the cherries from different lines, with price and price-to-value included as factors. If the prices tend to drop when next line is out, I can wait for that.
Thank you for your advices and insights :)

I started mixed line. Avengers Banner, The Dark World Thor, The Winter Soldier Black Widow, Age of Ultron Iron Man, Captain America and Hawkeye. It can still look quite good. James' photo there looks great to me. But there is also something nice about having them match the same line. I will soon in the next week or so have all characters from AoU except Banner.

I'm not sure I would have the original core members together from Civil War though. I think if I was to have one or more figures from that line it would just be one or two as Avenger representatives, or in Civil War teams.

That sounds like an awesome collection!
I really like Civil War - Captain america so i think i will pick up him. Maybe iron man as well.

100% civil war cap. Major upgrade there. Iron man you might want to wait for the mms mk46 or get the 45 or 43. Widow depends on which hair you like better long or short. Hulk also depends on the pants but if you need banner then the set is the way to go. Hope to see your collection soon man!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hey all. 1st post here. I have just started collecting Hot Toys after many years of admiring them. I finally gave in after seeing them in person last month....wish I had not as its been an expensive time building up the Avengers team. I have the below so far with Ant Man on the way. I am going to get Civil War Captain America and Scarlet Witch. Gonna pass on Black Widow and Falcon until the next Avengers movie.

View attachment 255481

Excellent first post!!! :rock That's an awesome group pic! Looks great! :clap :clap

:welcome1: to the forum too :wave

I mixed them up but my base collection is AOU. I don't plan on rebuying characters like Cap from IW unless they add something different to the character like battle damage or something. For CW, I'm going to get Falcon. I'm on the fence about Scarlet Witch, Vision and Black Panther. I think they're going to make these characters again and HT usually improves. I'm also curious about Ant-Man. I need to see the costume and see what he comes with. We know we'll get him at least 2 more times. Mk43 is the best IM and the only one I'll buy unless there's a suit Tony dies in.

View attachment 255481

Nice collection. :clap

100% civil war cap. Major upgrade there. Iron man you might want to wait for the mms mk46 or get the 45 or 43. Widow depends on which hair you like better long or short. Hulk also depends on the pants but if you need banner then the set is the way to go. Hope to see your collection soon man!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

What is MMS? Some kind of material?
I am not sure I want Dr Banner, but I like The Avengers Hulk better. I think :)

MMS stands for Movie Masterpiece Series. They use it for most of their figures. For example Deadpool is MMS 347 and Kylo Ren is MMS 320. It is just an identification number.

Back