Show Your Entire Iron Man & Avengers Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the difference between this Widow and Leia in a bikini toy? Both are scantly clad females....

One is based off a women in a bikini and the other is based off a women in a neck to toe costume, with barely any cleavage showing, thats having her plastic toy clothes unzipped. I guess our definitions of scantly clad is different. Which means "underdressed." There is nothing underdressed about Widows costumes. Unless of course something in your mind makes you want to unzip a dolls clothes, then I guess you could call it scantly clad. And like Paw said...we ***** and ***** about things not being screen actuate. "**** this Widow look at that face and that hair is horrible, (remember that not to long ago?)" only to turn around and make the figure less screen actuate by unzipping its clothes.

One is based off a women in a bikini and the other is based off a women in a neck to toe costume, with barely any cleavage showing, thats have her plastic toy clothes unzipped. I guess our definitions of scantly clad is different. Which means "underdressed." There is nothing underdressed about Widows costumes. Unless of course something in your mind makes you want to unzip a dolls clothes, then I guess you could call in scantly clad. And like Paw said...we ***** and ***** about things not being screen actuate. "**** this Widow look at that face and that hair is horrible (remember that not to long ago?) only to turn around and make the figure less screen actuate by unzipping its clothes.

I honestly don't care either way. It is just a stupid thing to complain about what someone does or doesn't do with there figures.

Scantly clad was a poor choice of words...

Go to the art boards and see all the "art" posted. Worse than this. Or what some people do with the Phicen bodies....

Don't make the people who unzip a figure jacket to expose some chest into some weird odd person... they aren't. Maybe some of you were not doing this and I just perceived the responses as just that.

And.... I actually have mine posed zipped up. I had the zipper down for a few days... and never liked the look of it.

I sense a common theme with BW poses....
I'm tired of it. I'm sorry, but it's absolutely stupid to have her top unzipped as far as it is in so many people's pictures of these figures.

What a stupid thing to complain about.

You against Slave Leia to?

Can tell me why it's not stupid to display and post pictures of a Black Widow figure with her shirt unzipped all the way down to her abdomen in a coherent sentence and with a logical argument? I don't think so. So I am not sure why I should talk to you about the various marketing and licensing concerns surrounding "slave" Leia.

I will say if you are bothered about the possibility of Disney not licensing that version of the character any longer that it's mindsets like those who post, and like, Black Widow pictures like the ones I have questioned that contribute to the problem. There is a big difference in appreciating the beauty and even the sexiness of a person and over sexualizing them in a way that objectifies them and dehumanizes them. But again, it would require a good measure of intelligence and maturity to be able to talk about such things with the thoughtfulness required.

BW-figures2.jpg
Which one represents a fleshed out human character as portrayed by an actress working with a director to create a realistic character both men and women can be proud of and which one represents a childish wet dream that turns the character into over sexualized plaything to ogle at? Which portrayal shows a measure of intelligence and respect? Which one understands that “sexy” is about the whole person and not just boobs?

uploadfromtaptalk1446927072833.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446927140909.jpg
Humbly started my collection about 13 months ago

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Great post Jaymas.

The difference between the BW and RotJ slave Leia figures, is that the former is not meant to be scantily clad. Leia being scantily clad in RotJ does not offend me at all in the least and I have utterly no issues at all with the figure accurately representing the way she looked in the film. I'll be the first one to say that I'm not an advocate for rampant, over zealous political correctness.

With BW, there was no point in any film where her suit zipper was zipped all the way down to her belly button with her bare breasts on display, and to me, there's no other reasonable explanation for zipping the figure's zipper way down, other than it being hormone influenced. As mentioned, it doesn't bother nor incense me when people do, because they can do whatever they want with their figure. It's not my figure, so I could care less. I just simply find it comical and a little poignant whenever people do, because well, it's a plastic collectible figure.

How very PC. Is Star Wars offending people now too? Not an attack, I'm curious. Wouldn't put it past Disney.

They removed Slave Leia figures from stores (hence my comment) because some parents complained. Now Disney is wanting to remove Slave Leia from everything. Comics, art, figures, statues, coffee mugs, pins...... everything. All because people are offended by this.

Edit: Here is the figure

81vATsnfRhL._SY355_.jpg

They removed Slave Leia figures from stores (hence my comment) because some parents complained. Now Disney is wanting to remove Slave Leia from everything. Comics, art, figures, statues, coffee mugs, pins...... everything. All because people are offended by this.

REALLY? Damn, people are stupid. But then again people are offended by everything these days, even life. Sad state we live in.

Edit: Here is the figure

81vATsnfRhL._SY355_.jpg

I would concur with Disney's decision. To me, that's how you respond to over zealous political correctness. Play the same game, so to speak.

How very PC. Is Star Wars offending people now too? Not an attack, I'm curious. Wouldn't put it past Disney.

There is a rumor that Disney is planning to stop licensing the image of "slave" Leia. Personally, I think limiting the license to only the things that most reflect the character in a respectful way within its narrative context makes most sense. I think there are collectible that would fall into that category, but plenty of collectibles don't. But it's their right to present the character in the way they see fit. I wouldn't over simplify the issue as them being "PC". They have a vested interest in how the character is officially portrayed that we don't have. Even if we disagree with Disney's decision regarding this I doubt most of us are taking into considerations all the things Disney is when making such decisions.

There is a rumor that Disney is planning to stop licensing the image of "slave" Leia. Personally, I think limiting the license to only the things that most reflect the character in a respectful way within its narrative context makes most sense. I think there are collectible that would fall into that category, but plenty of collectibles don't. But it's their right to present the character in the way they see fit. I wouldn't over simplify the issue as them being "PC". They have a vested interest in how the character is officially portrayed that we don't have. Even if we disagree with Disney's decision regarding this I doubt most of us are taking into considerations all the things Disney is when making such decisions.

Right but the image of Leia in question has been around for decades without offending anyone. Why is it an issue now? Cause we live in a culture of everyone's offended and internet lynch mobs. And to remove it now cause some twat is offended is the definition of political correctness. Now its in Disney's interest to not put anything that could offend someone from a movie that they actually made. Editing something you acquire to appease thin skinned people also falls into political correctness. Or is it the word "slave?" because if so, people are definitely pathetic.

Last edited:
Yup..... Honestly I am waiting for them to edit her out of ROTJ :lol

Narrative context is everything. In the context of the film she is enslaved and objectified but rises up against her oppressor. The character in this case is as strong as she has ever been. The context of a pin-up or cheeskake version of "slave Leia" on a T-shirt with the caption "Sexy Princess" on it tells a different story.

I don't agree with Disney's new rumored policy as a whole because I think it takes too much of a broad stroke approach, but it's not like it's not understandable for a company to want present its character in the best light possible. I think to dismiss their decision as just being "PC" or trying not to "offend" prudish people is an oversimplification that isn't really engaging the issues.

People get offended by their own shadow these days.

I agree. They do. But if anyone thinks my comments about the unzipped Black Widow figures were about being "offended" then then they missed the point

Right but the image of Leia in question has been around for decades without offending anyone. Why is it an issue now? Cause we live in a culture of everyone's offended and internet lynch mobs. And to remove it now cause some twat is offended is the definition of political correctness. Now its in Disney's interest to not put anything that could offend someone from a movie that they actually made. Editing something you acquire to appease thin skinned people also falls into political correctness. Or is it the word "slave?" because if so, people are definitely pathetic.

"the image of Leia in question"? Which image of "slave leia" are you talking about? My understanding that one source of this rumor is a comic book artist who was told he could no longer draw slave Leia commissions. Licensing is about controlling how characters are officially portrayed on various products and mediums. Everyone here is making the same mistake Disney is making in the other direction, as if the issue can be discussed in terms of being "for" or "against" the image of "slave" Leia. Even Disney though isn't "against" the image of slave Leia withing the narrative context of the movie and the story. They aren't going to cut her out of the movie or CG a big shirt over her. Again, this is about licensing. I just think they made the choice in terms of product licensing that was easiest to navigate for themselves in the wake of a policy that existed beforehand which probably didn't work to discern just how the image of slave Leia was being used carefully enough. Like most things that move like pendulums these things are usually over corrected. But we do the same disservice to the issue when we oversimplify things too and just chalk the whole issue up to people being "over sensitive and PC".

I agree. They do. But if anyone thinks my comments about the unzipped Black Widow figures were about being "offended" then then they missed the point

No, I understood that. I'm in the same general boat as you. The unzipped BW figures don't bother nor offend me at all in the least. And why should it? It's not my figure. I just simply think it's humorous and a little poignant that people do, because it's a plastic collectible figure. At no point was her suit ever zipped down to her belly button in the films exposing her breasts, and there's no other reason to zip the zipper that far down on the figure other than it being hormone influenced.

I wasn't indirectly referring to you by the way with my statement when I said "people", or anyone here for that matter. I just literally meant people in general. :)

Back