Show Your Entire Batman Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And it ain't all about Hot Toys!
These new additions are cool too I think:
DSCF1651.jpg

Ooops, I meant this picture; what batarang is that?

Luis

DC Direct Long Halloween Batman Batarrang.

I see, I don't have that one as I don't like the face sculpt, he looks like a monkey.

On another note, I just bought this Batman loose from a fellow freak. He is one of the best Batman's I have seen in my opinion. Can anyone tell me what series is he from? Who else was in the wave?

Thank you,

Luis

c402c694.jpg

I see, I don't have that one as I don't like the face sculpt, he looks like a monkey.

On another note, I just bought this Batman loose from a fellow freak. He is one of the best Batman's I have seen in my opinion. Can anyone tell me what series is he from? Who else was in the wave?

Thank you,

Luis

c402c694.jpg

He's from Superman/Batman series 7. Superman, Aquaman & Live Wire were the other figures in the wave.

Luis138 - yeah, I agree that is the best Bat Man figure IMO. He's not super posable but at least he has the "basic" articulation in the limbs.

Another fave Batman for me is from the DC Direct Batman and Son. Its a pity my figures are in storage (and my camera's flat), if not I would post them here.

Just be careful when posing them - I've read that some collectors broke the Bats from the Batman and Son by trying to extend his arms outwards!

Last edited:
He's from Superman/Batman series 7. Superman, Aquaman & Live Wire were the other figures in the wave.

Luis138 - yeah, I agree that is the best Bat Man figure IMO. He's not super posable but at least he has the "basic" articulation in the limbs.

Another fave Batman for me is from the DC Direct Batman and Son. Its a pity my figures are in storage (and my camera's flat), if not I would post them here.

Just be careful when posing them - I've read that some collectors broke the Bats from the Batman and Son by trying to extend his arms outwards!

Thank you Mart_P, I never saw that wave before; I don't know where I have been hiding.

Toyfan, I agree, Batman and Son Batman is a great figure. I specially love the cape. Too bad I don't have it and he is almost non existent in eBay. I am keepin my eyes open.

Luis

Thank you Mart_P, I never saw that wave before; I don't know where I have been hiding.

Toyfan, I agree, Batman and Son Batman is a great figure. I specially love the cape. Too bad I don't have it and he is almost non existent in eBay. I am keepin my eyes open.

Luis

Was Batman and Son Batman the one with the stubble and wicked grin on his face? If so, I liked that one a LOT. When I bought my Hush Batman I just wanted a basic looking Batman that could represent the whole of Batman comics but if I had waited I would have bought the one I just described instead.

Yeah, I'm still after the Batman & Son figure :(
It's not the one with stubble and a grin though...

Yeah, I'm still after the Batman & Son figure :(
It's not the one with stubble and a grin though...

Yeah I looked it up after I posted and it's not the one I was thinking of. This one is black and gray and really looks badass, I wish I could remember what series he was from.

^ I believe the figure you're thinking of is the 'DC All Star Series 1 Batman' figure, based on the 'All Star Batman & Robin' comic by Jim Lee & Frank Miller.
3888724915_830e103e7a.jpg

dc-as-batman.jpg

I'll have to look for that All Star Batman figure. Kinda reminds me of the battle damaged Infinite Crisis Batman, which has always been one of my favorites.

review_icbats_1.jpg

SnakeDOc

^ I believe the figure you're thinking of is the 'DC All Star Series 1 Batman' figure, based on the 'All Star Batman & Robin' comic by Jim Lee & Frank Miller.
3888724915_830e103e7a.jpg

dc-as-batman.jpg

Yeah that's him, he rocks! :D Thanks. Though I heard the comic he comes from is pretty f'd up...

Yeah that's him, he rocks! :D Thanks. Though I heard the comic he comes from is pretty f'd up...

I actually like ASB&R. The artwork is fantastic, among the best I've ever seen. The characterization of Batman is very Frank Miller, though. Batman is a hardass, brutal as hell, kind of a Dirty Harry-type, and borderline psychotic. He won't kill -- but he'll break bones and laugh his ass off. Its supposed to be a bit of a prequel to The Dark Knight Returns.

He's pretty brutal to Robin ... kidnaps him right after his parents are murdered, and puts him through brutal training. But, I think the point is that Batman needs Robin to humanize him a bit. Pre-Robin, Batman is a little over the edge. They haven't completed the story yet, though.

SnakeDoc

I actually like ASB&R. The artwork is fantastic, among the best I've ever seen. The characterization of Batman is very Frank Miller, though. Batman is a hardass, brutal as hell, kind of a Dirty Harry-type, and borderline psychotic. He won't kill -- but he'll break bones and laugh his ass off. Its supposed to be a bit of a prequel to The Dark Knight Returns.

He's pretty brutal to Robin ... kidnaps him right after his parents are murdered, and puts him through brutal training. But, I think the point is that Batman needs Robin to humanize him a bit. Pre-Robin, Batman is a little over the edge. They haven't completed the story yet, though.

SnakeDoc

So that's why he has the demonic grin on his face. :) But I like it. Batman should get SOME satisfaction out of beating up punks.

It was the treatment of Robin that I heard about, like he beat him? I think that's what I was told. And that just seems a little too cruel for the Batman character.

So that's why he has the demonic grin on his face. :) But I like it. Batman should get SOME satisfaction out of beating up punks.

It was the treatment of Robin that I heard about, like he beat him? I think that's what I was told. And that just seems a little too cruel for the Batman character.

I don't remember him beating Robin, but he does lock him in the Batcave and leaves him to fend for himself (I think he even suggests that if Robin gets hungry, he should catch himself a rat). Batman gets all over Alfred for going behind his back to take care of the boy (Alfred, an ex-SAS agent, gives as good as he gets).

If I recall, Batman is conflicted about his treatment of Grayson. He claims he's trying to harden the boy the way he was hardened --- but he also acknowledges that he's a bit of an ass to the kid.

I like Frank Miller's stuff -- his interpretation is kinda edgy. "The goddamn Batman" is a slightly psychotic hardass, Black Canary is a Batman-wannabe barmaid, Wonder Woman is a man-hater, Vicki Vale is an extremely shapely golddigger, Green Lantern is a bit of an idiot (Batman makes fun of the stupid "yellow" weakness), Superman is a boyscout, Alfred is ex-special ops, the Joker has a giant dragon tattoo across his back. The whole thing has a noir feel to it ... I actually liked it a lot.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Back