Action Figure Show your custom Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You wrote this before.

I don't understand what you mean by it.

Logan was in Indochina during WW2?

I was actually referring to the Xmen Origins movie, he was in both Normandy D-day an the 2nd Indochina war, the battle between North Vietnam/Soviet Union and South Vietnam/USA. I'm not sure if it was told in the comics though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was actually referring to the Xmen Origins movie, he was in both Normandy D-day an the 2nd Indochina war, the battle between North Vietnam/Soviet Union and South Vietnam/USA.

It was the "WW2 Vietnam" that was throwing me!

RRJdesign said:
I'm not sure if it was told in the comics though.

Out of interest I checked through The Wolverine Files for references to Vietnam and found only one in the comics:

Wolverine (Vol. 2) #7 (Jan 2004) – “Coyote Crossing, Part One”
Writer: Greg Rucka; Artist: Leandro Fernandez
Blaine reveals to ATF agent Cassie Lathrop that he served with Logan in Vietnam “over thirty years ago.” He also mentions that Logan had an effect on the ladies.

https://www.wolverinefiles.com/020-license-to-kill/

It was the "WW2 Vietnam" that was throwing me!

Out of interest I checked through The Wolverine Files for references to Vietnam and found only one in the comics:

https://www.wolverinefiles.com/020-license-to-kill/

😁LOL. Sorry for giving you a headache. But wow, that is a very interesting reference from the comics you got there.

But I only based the "Vietnam Logan" on the type of clothing that people are posting here. Because obviously, those clothes are the one that soldiers wore during the Indochino war in Vietnam, that is why I always call it "WW2 Vietnam Logan". And those outfits also appeared in the Xmen origins movie during the opening scene of the movie, after the D-day Normandy France, WW2 scene.

I don't think it really matters if he fought in a war or not, the customs look great all the same. That being said, we need an intergalactic war Wolverine. Blasters and lightsabers optional.

But really though, someone should try that.

I don't think it really matters if he fought in a war or not, the customs look great all the same. That being said, we need an intergalactic war Wolverine. Blasters and lightsabers optional.

But really though, someone should try that.

Somebody did just that in 1:1 scale:

WC10WlvrnHnSl.jpg

:lol

Nice WW2 bash Skull. Looks even better in the pics than it did when I saw it earlier. Came out great brotha. :hi5:

@Icaremi That ninja custom is pretty cool. Haven't seen one like that yet. Good job :rock

Thanks buddy, really looking forward to seeing yours:)

Good job Pete :clap Love seeing the 21st Century stuff being used. Great company back in the day and still coming through 15-20 years later :)

Thanks, yeah I took a look at the screen shot and reconised the patch on the arm and knew I had that figure still mib sitting in my storage so I just went for it:lol

Great bashes guys.
Icaremi: That ninja Wolvie is unique. It might look good together with a Samurai bash.

The Skull: awesome WW2 D-day Logan. Glad more people are making this custom since it is the less popular version than the usual WW2 Vietnam Logan.

Thanks, still got some work to do to finish it, I'll post better photos when its done:)

Happy to see a lot of collectors here are doing their WW2 bashes. Finally, I just completed my own WW2 D-day Wolverine bash after 2 months of searching for the best accessories. Not 100% accurate from the Xmen origins movie but I tried to be as close as possible for most parts of the clothing. Here are the parts I used. 😃

y9a6ypym.jpg

e8y4aba8.jpg

pyzeveba.jpg

ry6abu8e.jpg

y7uqy8ut.jpg

ybe8a2a9.jpg

equ7e8yg.jpg

y9edyvem.jpg

resura2y.jpg

buha6epa.jpg

u2yga9yh.jpg

ge6y4ute.jpg

a2e3ujet.jpg

Finally, I just completed my own WW2 D-day Wolverine bash after 2 months of searching for the best accessories. Not 100% accurate from the Xmen origins movie but I tried to be as close as possible for most parts of the clothing. Here are the parts I used.

Really well done! :clap

I want to make a DOFP Wolverine, but I don't know what color his pants are supposed to be. Brown like the cover or blue like the inside of the comic. What's the consensus?

spectacular job, you didn't pull any punches and used all the best stuff and it shows. Looks like an official release, bravo sir:clap:clap:clap

Thanks Skull, that was what I wanted to make it look like, an official release, but I don't have a good space where I can do photo shoots. 😀

Really well done! :clap

Thanks a lot Kuat. 😊

I want to make a DOFP Wolverine, but I don't know what color his pants are supposed to be. Brown like the cover or blue like the inside of the comic. What's the consensus?

I am also tempted to make a DOFP Wolverine, but i think it is better to wait for the Hot Toys release. There's really a big chance that they will release this version.

WOW RRJ! That looks stellar! Awesome job. I agree with the gents -- the photo showing off the accessories made it look like a legit Toy Fair Exclusive release!

WOW RRJ! That looks stellar! Awesome job. I agree with the gents -- the photo showing off the accessories made it look like a legit Toy Fair Exclusive release!

LOL, thanks Heubert, I appreciate your compliment. 😁

Hi. I have a couple head sculpts I'd like to try using on a custom figure, which would be my first custom attempt, but the heads I have where sculpted for a statue and I don't know how to convert them. They are solid pieces and I'm unsure how to start working them to fit a hot toys body. Would anyone have experience with this? I can provide photos if anyone needs them. Thank you in advance.

And just FYI but I'm thinking of going with an altered version of a DOFP wolverine. I've ordered a inflames metal boss armor to build the costume around. Though I would love to do a brown costume comic inspired wolverine but I have no idea where to buy or if there even is any type of custom made costume of this. And making anything out of cloth or Lycra or spandex is not something I'm able to do. I'd have better luck building a Stargate out of my toaster then sewing anything. Lol

Photos always help, but you're gonna need to dremmel or use a drill press to cut a hole into the bottom of the head. Take out a little at a time and fit it often.

To everyone else, doesn't Tony Mei make the blue and yellow costume? Not sure if he offers it. Someone else could tell you for sure. :wave

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Here's the photos. Still not done with the paint yet so don't be do hard on it.

But I'd love to have a 1/6 figure with real costume to match this.

Back