Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you all think is the likeliness of a hot toys rerelease of the stormtrooper with ESB armor?

It would be great if they did.

And it's an easy way to always have current new product to make more money so I would say it's almost a given.

Based solely on their Iron Man releases I'd say very.

They do so many versions of the IM armours...I'm both excited and fiscally concerned regarding the possibility of variable stormtrooper helmet sculpts in this line.

1. Hero
  2. Stunt
  3. Sandtrooper(s) (variable weathering and brow trim)
  4. Luke/TK-421
  5. Han
  6. ESB
  7. Battle-Damaged
  8. ROTJ

...and that's just the OT.
:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:vader:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo
:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo

I did a body swap on my Snowtrooper. I used a Soldier Story body, pretty pleased with the results.

Here he is with a stock Sideshow trooper on the right.

Nice! Those bodies hang more naturally and bear a better resemblance to screen references.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

image.jpgimage.jpg Ive just redone my snow troopers ,I Wanted there impression of there faces to show on there masks

has anybody tried repainting there eyes or making them wider for the snowtrooper?
because there too small

Painting won't work. If you comb through the snowtrooper thread, I think Lopie did it by cutting the holes out wider...he related that it was not an easy mod.

I think switching out the masks and body-swapping is the best and easiest way to mod these. Smaller hands via a glove-swap /repaint would also be relatively easy if you're brave enough to trim or file the hand armour.

The goggle mod is the last and probably most difficult mod one could do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Painting won't work. If you comb through the snowtrooper thread, I think Lopie did it by cutting the holes out wider...he related that it was not an easy mod.

I think switching out the masks and body-swapping is the best and easiest way to mod these. Smaller hands via a glove-swap /repaint would also be relatively easy if you're brave enough to trim or file the hand armour.

The goggle mod is the last and probably most difficult mod one could do.

Thanks mate
Yes Ive found it, the eye mod from 2 years a go.
Trust me to be 2 years behind lol

Love the look of the Sold Story body on the arms but the SS bodies are a bit short in the torso, and the bunching of the armor on the snowie is one of the key issues.

The stock body really is a very difficult to work with. Overall, it's a figure that bugs me more and more the longer I look at it. It just seems like it should look great but I can never get to actually look great.:slap:lol

I really want to hand make a new dome and goggles and make the custom hood, but I keep looking at the stock head and say "I guess it's fine for now.":gah:

Wondering if you guys can help. I've bought two soldier story bodies and the hips are too wide for the Marmit waist armor. The only way that I can get the body into it is to pop the legs off first but obviously that wont work with the bodysuit (tried it. split every seam.). They are an s2 and an s2.5 according to the descriptions when I bought them. Am I doing something wrong?

Back