Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wondering if you guys can help. I've bought two soldier story bodies and the hips are too wide for the Marmit waist armor. The only way that I can get the body into it is to pop the legs off first but obviously that wont work with the bodysuit (tried it. split every seam.). They are an s2 and an s2.5 according to the descriptions when I bought them. Am I doing something wrong?

Did you heat up the armor before putting it on?

Wondering if you guys can help. I've bought two soldier story bodies and the hips are too wide for the Marmit waist armor. The only way that I can get the body into it is to pop the legs off first but obviously that wont work with the bodysuit (tried it. split every seam.). They are an s2 and an s2.5 according to the descriptions when I bought them. Am I doing something wrong?

Splitting the ab armour on the sides above the belt where there is a seam exactly where a small gap would be were it "real" armour in separate pieces, and then heating it to a flexible, rubbery consistency in almost boiling water, will get it to slide up pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might do a body swap on mine now,yours look great! The stock body is just plain horrid and a nightmare to pose. Love your sandies in the background:)

Thanks man. The stock body blows.

The Marmits in the background are in the process of being swapped. Just got to find the time to finish them. :)

Did you heat up the armor before putting it on?

Splitting the ab armour on the sides above the belt where there is a seam exactly where a small gap would be were it "real" armour in separate pieces, and then heating it to a flexible, rubbery consistency in almost boiling water, will get it to slide up pretty easy.

I knew heating the arm pieces helped but I didn't think heating the body armor would provide that much give for the body to fit in. It just seems damn near impossible but I'll give it a try. Thanks guys!

I knew heating the arm pieces helped but I didn't think heating the body armor would provide that much give for the body to fit in. It just seems damn near impossible but I'll give it a try. Thanks guys!

Near-boiling. It makes the armour like rubber. Plus the split helps; it's more realistic and gives you more leeway but you still need to twist it around a bit. Be careful not to tear it, but I've manhandled a few of these sets.

Near-boiling. It makes the armour like rubber. Plus the split helps; it's more realistic and gives you more leeway but you still need to twist it around a bit. Be careful not to tear it, but I've manhandled a few of these sets.

Agree with ze501,don't be afraid in using a bit of elbow grease when pushing the heated up armor on

Will do! Will that help it go on over the bodysuit too? I was using one of those custom ones on ebay when it split at the seams but I've got another one coming.

My medimix Boba Fett
DSC00249_zpsayfplkfl.jpg
Ventress
DSC00201_zps7zfygkit.jpg
ROTJ Luke
DSC00341_zpsbbtktfvr.jpg
Yoda
DSC01418_zpszdg1vxdn.jpg

Will do! Will that help it go on over the bodysuit too? I was using one of those custom ones on ebay when it split at the seams but I've got another one coming.

Yes, right over the body suit. Keep in mind I've split seams on a couple of the Ebay custom suits. Not all of them, but they aren't as tough as the stock Marmit suits, I found.

Try keeping one hand on the suit to keep it taut but not strained so it doesn't bunch up and tear. That's the trickier part.

Last edited:
My medimix Boba Fett

This thread is dedicated to troops. Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers, Clone troopers, etc... Nice photos, but they should be in your own "show your shelves" thread or the appropriate image threads for their characters.

They look great! Could you share how you redid the cowls?

BOBBY
I bought 2 meters of Ri-mark white vinyl, Then for the impression of there faces (really just nose and cheek area.)
Then I went inside there cowls and stuck the shape of is nose with kitchen roll and then just futzing until i was happy

Nice work! One of my favorite clone designs from the series.

Adding some Stormtrooper fodder to my collection......
21b7tqh.jpg
2nl5w5j.jpg
sy5w20.jpg
2eclv1l.jpg

Back