Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's Official, I'm out on room on my Star Wars shelf. I'm so glad I picked up the extra 501st clone from Big Bad Toys and just aquired the Utapau Clone through a trade, just didn't want Cody to be alone when he arrives tomorrow. My current custom hasbro one will be retired or get the phase I helmet.
DSC00037.jpg

Really nice. But no OT love? :impatient: :wink1:

Can I show my lego troops ?

That would be cool to see :)

speedyweasel, your collection is fantastic!! That custom rebel pilot Luke Skywalker is awesome. :) I want it.

-Drea

Really nice. But no OT love? :impatient: :wink1:

I got OT love, it's just all hasbro 12" stuff that's about it and mostly inside rubbermaid bins. I am waiting for a new vader and missed out on all the stormies, i'm gonna see about getting a sandie in the future since they are still pretty available for decent prices.

and yes, I need a new shelf.

So I started on this forum after I bought my first SS Stormie. With so much help and provided stuff from so many different board great members, I started customizing my own Scout Trooper and Snow Trooper on ACI Bodies and bought Medicom's At-At Pilot and Tie Pilot to finally see some 12 Inch OT Troopers pose in my home. Love them, watch and rearrange them each day.

BUT ...

Now comparing all I must say it is so dissapointing to see the SS Stormie (which has been the most expensive of all I have now) has such a poor loose body, so loose he isn't even able to stand without the plastic diplay figure holder. Unfortunatley AFTER disassembling him, I found out the muscle packed ACI body's not able to wear the tight arm & leg armour. So I was forced to reassemble that gawky Goofy.

Hints from board gods say, only TrueType Slim Bodies would do. So before paying such a high price for such a TrueType Slim Body, I need some more anwers to loose the anxiety. If I rebuild the Stormy on the TrueType ...
1. Will the SS hands easily connect to the arms of the TT?
2. Will the SS shoes/ feets easily connect to the legs of the TT?
3. Will the bucket need some dremeling or other treatment if I intend to NOT use a head?
4. Last but not least: Will the TT stand as safe as the ACI or the much more stable Medicom bodies?

Would be thankful if some of you can answer those ...

Last edited:
I can help with your first two questions.

The SS hand pegs are smaller than the TT. I wrapped the SS pegs in teflon plumbers tape and they fit nicely.

For the feet, I used the TT ball joint but dremeled down the end that goes into the SS foot. That way it maintains its range of motion.

Hope this helps.

Neyo

So I started on this forum after I bought my first SS Stormie. With so much help and provided stuff from so many different board great members, I started customizing my own Scout Trooper and Snow Trooper on ACI Bodies and bought Medicom's At-At Pilot and Tie Pilot to finally see some 12 Inch OT Troopers pose in my home. Love them, watch and rearrange them each day.

BUT ...

Now comparing all I must say it is so dissapointing to see the SS Stormie (which has been the most expensive of all I have now) has such a poor loose body, so loose he isn't even able to stand without the plastic diplay figure holder. Unfortunatley AFTER disassembling him, I found out the muscle packed ACI body's not able to wear the tight arm & leg armour. So I was forced to reassemble that gawky Goofy.

So before paying such a high price for a TrueType Slim Body, I need some more anwers to loose the anxiety. If I rebuild the Stormy on the TrueType ...
3. Will the bucket need some dremeling or other treatment if I intend to NOT use a head?
4. Last but not least: Will the TT stand as safe as the ACI or the much more stable Medicom bodies?

Would be thankful if some of you can answer those ...

Hints from board gods say, only

As to your last point about being stable.

I used the TT bodies when building my four Marmit Sandtroopers. All four stand on their own very well and do not require a stand, even with the sandtrooper backpacks on.

Neyo

For a start, good to know! Thank you. Anyone else might help?

if you want to pop your SS stormie on a True Type slim... you will not regret it..... most of my clones and Stormies are on TT Slims...

NO you will have to take the hand off of the wrist connector and then use tape (PTFE plumbing tape is good) to make the peg thicker that goes in the hand or it will be wobbly.

Yes BUT only if you get a Afro TT Slim... again you have to remove the peg from the SS boot and insert the TT Slim afro.
If you are using a TT Slim Cauc then the foot joints are ball to ball connectors like all the other TT. So you will have to drill a bigger hole in the SS stormie foot. warm it up and push it in ( ow nurse)

The SS Stormie helm fits on a neck post ball joint not over the head! you can use the SS neck on the TT Slim

TT SLIMS ARE SOLID

Both my old Luke and Han were on TT Slims

Han-s15.jpg

My Star Wars Shelf looks a whole lot nicer with the addition of the official Cody. Retired my Custom. Also took out my Custom Galactic Marine and Clone Pilot. Just not enough room for them. Only left my custom 501st clone of me (one wearing glasses, LOL) and my Cy Girl with Padme's clothes on.
100_0121.jpg

Back