Should Yoda be replaced by a CGI version in the OT?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well CGI when used correctly can be amazing.. Like Davy Jones.

Exactly as good a performance Frank Oz did with what he had a CGI Yoda could give us a perfect performance (if done right).

YES!

Rubber is, like, so old school an' junk. In fact, I can't wait until 40 years from now so they can put Ewan McGregor into the OT as Obi-Wan -- Alec Guinness is so '70s it's painful. Ditch him, I says.

At last, ALL of the Star Wars movies will be perfect!!

I saw the post that they already replaced Yoda with a CG version in TPM in the next re-release, and I was wondering if anyone knew when the next one is gonna be, and which episodes are going to be re-released?

YES!

Rubber is, like, so old school an' junk. In fact, I can't wait until 40 years from now so they can put Ewan McGregor into the OT as Obi-Wan -- Alec Guinness is so '70s it's painful. Ditch him, I says.

At last, ALL of the Star Wars movies will be perfect!!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I saw the post that they already replaced Yoda with a CG version in TPM in the next re-release, and I was wondering if anyone knew when the next one is gonna be, and which episodes are going to be re-released?

Most likely somewhere down the line they'll at least release a Blu-Ray box set of all the episodes and a regular DVD box set as well. Won't be very soon though.

I'd have to say - yes and no. Even as a kid I hated that Yoda moved just like Fozzie bear. I'd like to see his movement smoothed out with CG in some key moments. But there are scenes, such as the X-Wing scene and the cave scene that there's no improvement needed. And Frank still does the voice - so it's not like losing his performance completely.

even if it doesnt look completely real theres something there to be appreciated that makes the movie what it is... whether a visual improvement or not - changing such things will change the very essence of the film and why it fascinated us. Pretty soon we'll go back and fix imperfections in classical works of art and famous novels...

even if it doesnt look completely real theres something there to be appreciated that makes the movie what it is... whether a visual improvement or not - changing such things will change the very essence of the film and why it fascinated us. Pretty soon we'll go back and fix imperfections in classical works of art and famous novels...

Nothing wrong with that. Every time a classical novel or play gets made into a movie there are adjustments necessary because the audience today is very different than it was when the work was created. That's also true of puppet Yoda. A child who has seen films from Jurassic Park on with great CG, will be very put off by seeing puppet Yoda for the first time. If the original is always around for the purists, no reason not to revamp.

Anyone want to read my script "Gangsta Kane?"
:angelsmil

Nothing wrong with that. Every time a classical novel or play gets made into a movie there are adjustments necessary because the audience today is very different than it was when the work was created. That's also true of puppet Yoda. A child who has seen films from Jurassic Park on with great CG, will be very put off by seeing puppet Yoda for the first time. If the original is always around for the purists, no reason not to revamp.

Anyone want to read my script "Gangsta Kane?"
:angelsmil

seriously though, all these SE, revamp, remake what not are pretty much just ways to make more money. And the biggest money maker SE, remake will be ep1 without jarjar and darth maul survives. Probably deserve a theatre re-release. scheduled for 2020.:D

seriously though, all these SE, revamp, remake what not are pretty much just ways to make more money. And the biggest money maker SE, remake will be ep1 without jarjar and darth maul survives. Probably deserve a theatre re-release. scheduled for 2020.:D

Better still, Jar Jar's role is expanded and by the time ROTS roles round he's a Jedi master , sitting in on the council!

Better still, Jar Jar's role is expanded and by the time ROTS roles round he's a Jedi master , sitting in on the council!

yeah, it be funny to see jarjar and yoda fight for food on the counsel dinner, jarjar's got the tongue, yoda's got the force and no shame. :D mace and all others will be victims of the food fight until anakin shows up and chop jarjar in half while screaming his mother's name. :lol

Back