Should Yoda be replaced by a CGI version in the OT?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

In a word...

No!!!

In my eye Yoda was perfect as is for the OT... really an accomplishment and excellent performance.

Now, I would be fine with them replacing the crummy Yoda in TPM. That thing was terrible looking and highlights even more how kickass the original was :rock

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Before I would even consider Lucas doing this, he needs to replace Hayden Christensen digitally with some one who can act.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

What he said......but fix TPM Yoda, absolutely.

Hayden is actually a really good actor... it was the directing of the actors that was bad. Just a note. Rent Life as a House and you will see. :cool:

The only way they should replace Yoda with CGI is if they replace everything with CGI. Create new visuals for all 6 films and match the style of the new Clone Wars movie. One could also rewrite the crap prequel bits at the same time.

Ok just coming here to try and take a little of the "Hayden bashing" off...ooook definatly bad wording but bleh. Anyways, i was watching RotJ today, and i cant help but see Alfred Molina in the film...did he play the Y-Wing pilot who went head-first into the star destroyer shouting "I'm Hit!"?

Anyways...back to the Yoda and Hayden bashing....oh god i need a coffee...

Nope, don't replace him.

I hope they'll replace TPM Yoda once they do a box set or blu-ray release but I'm not sure.

When they did Episode 3 they replaced TPM Yoda with their Episode 3 version just as a test, so it's actually already done, it's just that it's the Episode 3 version so they'd have to modify it a bit and make it look younger than the AOTC version since the ROTS version is older and has more worn clothing and everything.

REDUNDANT THREAD!! I mean seriously, who in their right mind would replace such an amazing performance with CGI??? That scene in ESB when Yoda lifts the X-Wing out of the swamp is a beautiful moment in the trilogy. Sure CGI can bring an extra degree of realism but at what cost?

Imho Lucas should use his CGI to erase Jar Jar Binks instead

Back