Media Should The Joker Return in Batman: Arkham Knight?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should The Joker Return in Arkham Knight?

• Total voters
I hated the twist in Origins, because I was so grateful to finally have a game that put the focus on one of Batman's other enemies.

I love the Joker, but enough.

Oh my god Origins twisting it to be all about the Joker, literally, all about him, was awful. I would have been fine with Bane at least but no Warner Bros wants to cash in...

No Joker for me, I'm fine without him despite loving the character. On a side note, the tie-in comics confirmed that Joker is totally dead (he has some lasting presence and genuine 'trolls' but he is dead) and they even cremated his body. I'm not totally sure about the tie-in comics continuity wise though. However if Joker cameos, because he is fairly plot centric indirectly, that'll be fine. Someone suggested fear gas and batman hallucinating about him, I could dig that.

yeah I was really hoping it was all about Black Mask IMO. I wouldn't mind if we wind up on a side mission that led us to evidence that shows the Joker is still alive, but don't have him popping up to steal the show.

I'd love to see him. In flashbacks or in some minor role. He's too good a character to completely kill off. That doesn't mean he should be the focal point of every video game. Bat's rogues gallery is far too deep for that.

I'm not convinced he's not the Arkham Knight.

He's the reason Arkham Asylum exists in this universe so for him to die and be reborn the Arkham Knight, a polar opposite vigalante that still looks alot like Batman, makes alot of sense to me. He gets to show Batman that if he did die, plenty of other villains will still fight for control and other vigilantes can have an impact as well. I can see you not actually fighting him, but along side him unaware until the end that it's in fact The Joker, or some twist like that. He did team up with Bats in New 52 didn't he? And the same guys writing this game... so yea. I mean it's the last one in the series, I can totally see them ending with the Joker's return and idea Batman will just keep doing this or the like rather than something definitive so as not to alienate fans who would still play prequels from WB. It also doesn't seem like the sort of thing Rocksteady would do, create a new character when theres still plenty to use, we haven't gotten any Man-Bat etc.

And of course they can't admit to it, or even hint at it with a maybe or maybe sounding noise. :lol It would make it obvious and ruin it.

as much as i love joker i feel he is played out in the arkham games. If this is the last of the series then maybe have Easter eggs within the game hinting at joker being alive without having him actually in the game.

I really hope the joker doesn't turn up in this. And I don't really think he will. I do think it'd be good to show what kind of psychological effect killing the joker has had on batman, but I don't want him to turn up as suddenly being alive after all, I think it'd undermine the end of the last game. As for him being the Arkham Knight, I really don't think that'll be the case. I was certainly surprised to hear they'd make a new villain for the game considering the huge rogues gallery batman already has, but as I stated before, the Arkham Knight character does sound kind of like the wrath so I wonder if this is basically some kind of new iteration of that character, adjusted to fit the games story.

And as for the joker twist in Origins, that left me really conflicted, as I agree with most that it was great getting a different villain take centre stage so I was really excited about having black mask. But I think the twist was so well done and the story was so good that I forgave it and felt that it was worth it. That's really it though, joker shouldn't show up again and I'm really hoping we really get scarecrow as the main villain this time. Of course I'm biased as he's one of my favourites of the rogues gallery though. :lol

I'm not convinced he's not the Arkham Knight.

He's the reason Arkham Asylum exists in this universe so for him to die and be reborn the Arkham Knight, a polar opposite vigalante that still looks alot like Batman, makes alot of sense to me. He gets to show Batman that if he did die, plenty of other villains will still fight for control and other vigilantes can have an impact as well. I can see you not actually fighting him, but along side him unaware until the end that it's in fact The Joker, or some twist like that. He did team up with Bats in New 52 didn't he? And the same guys writing this game... so yea. I mean it's the last one in the series, I can totally see them ending with the Joker's return and idea Batman will just keep doing this or the like rather than something definitive so as not to alienate fans who would still play prequels from WB. It also doesn't seem like the sort of thing Rocksteady would do, create a new character when theres still plenty to use, we haven't gotten any Man-Bat etc.

And of course they can't admit to it, or even hint at it with a maybe or maybe sounding noise. :lol It would make it obvious and ruin it.

But what would be the point of that? So he is trying to prove to Batman that even without him around evil can't be stamped out....while at the same time trying to show that Batman that he can help him fight evil? Doesn't make any sense (not that the Joker ever did, but you can follow the reasoning behind his normal worldview). In this scenario, is Arkham Knight/Joker a friend or foe to Batman?

Bringing the Joker back...again....pretending to be someone else...again...would be the most tired, unoriginal thing RockSteady could do. In this universe, the character is dead, and as mentioned, his body has been cremated. Doesn't get much deader than that. I don't think the Lazarus Pit works on ashes.

I really hope the joker doesn't turn up in this. And I don't really think he will. I do think it'd be good to show what kind of psychological effect killing the joker has had on batman, but I don't want him to turn up as suddenly being alive after all, I think it'd undermine the end of the last game. As for him being the Arkham Knight, I really don't think that'll be the case. I was certainly surprised to hear they'd make a new villain for the game considering the huge rogues gallery batman already has, but as I stated before, the Arkham Knight character does sound kind of like the wrath so I wonder if this is basically some kind of new iteration of that character, adjusted to fit the games story.

And as for the joker twist in Origins, that left me really conflicted, as I agree with most that it was great getting a different villain take centre stage so I was really excited about having black mask. But I think the twist was so well done and the story was so good that I forgave it and felt that it was worth it. That's really it though, joker shouldn't show up again and I'm really hoping we really get scarecrow as the main villain this time. Of course I'm biased as he's one of my favourites of the rogues gallery though. :lol

I agree with this...except Batman didn't kill the Joker. His own wild idiocy did. Batman was even considering giving him the antidote. Besides the void of losing his polar opposite / greatest foe, Batman has no guilt or anything physiological to deal with.

I imagine if he did come back it would be a small but important cameo, where he has a recording of himself taunting Batman to try and foil his last great evil plan

He should absolutely not be back. But a Joker hallucination from Scarecrow would be awesome.

Back