Should The Batman be set in the current DC continuity?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should The Batman be set in the current DC continuity?

• Yes

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters
As I've opined previously, Snyder did a commendable job considering the requirements of WB to fast-track JL. I for one bought it.

And an ageing Batman made sense, with the futility of a lifetime of petty-crime-fighting and then the Martha Moment redeeming him and freeing him to lead the JL.

Superman's death was so badly executed. I remember being in a theater full of complete silence and apathy. They really did not do a good enough job getting audiences invested in the character.

As I've opined previously, Snyder did a commendable job considering the requirements of WB to fast-track JL. I for one bought it.

And an ageing Batman made sense, with the futility of a lifetime of petty-crime-fighting and then the Martha Moment redeeming him and freeing him to lead the JL.

Not really but if that’s what u believe then ok

I realise I'm in the minority and a lot of fanpersons don't like radical departures from the source material. But these two heroes have been reinterpreted multiple times, and will continue to be.

I'm fine with changes as long as the end product is good. I did not feel that was the case here. Hopefully Reeves does better, which I'm confident he will.

I enjoyed most of it ! Not a masterpiece, but at least they were gorgeous to look at among other positives. I would list them but don’t feel like being berated on here for the hundredth time over over a superhero movie I quite enjoyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm only interested in getting good movies. So from that perspective, it could go either way. I think it depends on where WB is going, and whether they have a guy in charge who is competent, with good instincts and skills at linking films together. Frankly, there's not much evidence that this is the case. The movies that did succeed for me (Wonder Woman, Shazam) didn't focus much at all on an inter-connectivity between films.

So, in the abstract, it would be cool to see a fairly well developed Batman leading a JLI movie, or an Outsiders movie at some point. But until WB can figure out how to make good movies consistently, that probably shouldn't be the priority, and I would prefer to just see them handle Batman well in the movie he is in, forgetting anything else.

I realise I'm in the minority and a lot of fanpersons don't like radical departures from the source material. But these two heroes have been reinterpreted multiple times, and will continue to be.

I’m fine with departures when executed well. There has been countless departures from comics in the past few yrs in movies since Batman 89, and most of them were well received . But not this. This was just poor planning and horrible storytelling

So sparkles is going to be the new batman they really cant get it together can they .

And they are abandoning the shared universe guess they figured they cant compete with 2 billion dollar avengers. Idiots just write some better scripts you have plenty of comics and cartoons to adapt its really cant be that hard

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If they announce Jeremy Irons is still Alfred in the new movie, then it's set in the current continuity.

So sparkles is going to be the new batman they really cant get it together can they .

And they are abandoning the shared universe guess they figured they cant compete with 2 billion dollar avengers. Idiots just write some better scripts you have plenty of comics and cartoons to adapt its really cant be that hard

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WB/DC are stupid. These hacks made a teen titans go movie over a live action titans movie that would of easily been a hit. They have the same mindset as the 90s. They think all of there characters are jokes and silly so they make them “ edgy and cool” for audiences. They said Wonder Woman and flash would be to silly to adapt on screen? But a man in a bat suit is a ok? Such a blind company. Amazing stories but never adapted cause of small mindsets

Alfred gonna be a i this time. This is a new age. Butlers aren’t cool anymore . I for one can’t wait to see AL- fred make his debut

Alfred gonna be a i this time. This is a new age. Butlers aren’t cool anymore . I for one can’t wait to see AL- fred make his debut

Did they say this was going to be set in modern times? Joker is in the 80’s so we can’t assume these stand alones are modern. Butlers still might be cool in this setting!

I feel like, at one point, I remember reading this was supposed to take place in the 80's-90's; maybe that was when it was going to be a Batfleck origin movie though.

Does it even matter what decade this film takes place? You can't really tell which decade the previous films took place because Gotham is a fictional place any ways and Batman's technology isn't really real, so it almost doesn't matter when this film takes place if it's not connected to the DCEU.

Back