Should The Batman be set in the current DC continuity?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should The Batman be set in the current DC continuity?

• Yes

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters
Fans never gave the DCEU a chance. Complaining since MoS was released and Superman killed Zod. They didn't like the darkness, then didn't like JL being too light.

Batman and Superman have been done to death. Let them rest for about 10 years and focus on Aquaman and WW for now. Develop some of the lesser known heroes.

The fans gave up on the DCEU because WB continually **** the bed

The only people I've ever seen complain that Justice League is too light are the Snyder obsessives who worship everything he does and think making superhero movies any differently is a cardinal sin now. Most normal people don't have problems with jokes in their superhero films.

The problem with Justice League was that it was just not a good movie, not that it had too many jokes or wasn't dark enough.

The Snyders said it was always their intention to start off dark and let the heroes "find the light" (my words, not theirs). I liked the darker, more realistic edge (even if it went against some of the "rules" about the heroes) and thought it was the perfect foil to the MCU.

Sadly the backlash to the dark beginnings sent WB into panic mode.

Again, I'd chalk that up more to execution and whether or not people thought it was a good film than darkness. I wasn't impressed with Snyder's stuff, and was not said to see him go.

I've got high hopes for Reeves on this.

The Snyders said it was always their intention to start off dark and let the heroes "find the light" (my words, not theirs). I liked the darker, more realistic edge (even if it went against some of the "rules" about the heroes) and thought it was the perfect foil to the MCU.

Sadly the backlash to the dark beginnings sent WB into panic mode.

Sums it up in a nutshell. I prefer the Snyder DC films over 90% of the MCU cookie cutter films in the last four years

Really it just needs to be stand alone. Just draw heavily from the Arkham game universe tones and style. I don't understand why that seems to be the most elusive concept for a Batman film. The games walk the line so well between modern and classic designs supported by a world that is both believable yet full of fantasy. It's the type of balancing act that has made many successful comic book films work. Batman isn't an except to that idea.

Really it just needs to be stand alone. Just draw heavily from the Arkham game universe tones and style. I don't understand why that seems to be the most elusive concept for a Batman film.

Agreed. It's funny. The warehouse fight scene in BVS almost reminded me of an Arkham style action scene. It was just everything else in the movie that was off.:lol

I also liked the Robin design they went with in the games. I think it'd look good in live-action.

They need to just scrap the dceu. The only good thing to come from that was man of steel, parts of bvs, and Wonder woman. Even though I think they got the wrong person to play Wonder woman...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Really it just needs to be stand alone. Just draw heavily from the Arkham game universe tones and style. I don't understand why that seems to be the most elusive concept for a Batman film. The games walk the line so well between modern and classic designs supported by a world that is both believable yet full of fantasy. It's the type of balancing act that has made many successful comic book films work. Batman isn't an except to that idea.

The Arkham series is my favorite modernization of Batman. I always pictured Batman of having a 1939 World's Fair, film noir aesthetics and the Arkham games came out and blew me away stylistically, it feels like the perfect blend of old and new.

Everything they have done, aside from the armored suits in BvS and JL have been garbage..... they literally have no clue what they are doing.... They couldn't even rip off the Avengers and it was sitting in front of them!!!!!

The problem with DC is that they don't have a decisive attitude... they put out a plan then it changes, then they meddle in things and have a change like a director jump ship so they make more changes.... in my opinion it's probably poor leadership... I'm not saying I could jump in and solve the problems but I'm not a million-dollar-making mother ****ing executive

Yep. This is exactly the problem. I don’t know if they have got a handle on it yet, or not. They’re last couple movies were a big improvement, IMO, but those also seemed to suffer much less from studio interference. I don’t know if that means that Warner Bros has finally learned its lesson, or if they just had more confidence in the directors for the last two movies, to begin with. But I would say, if you can’t trust your director to make a good movie without interfering, then what did you hire them for, in the first place? Anyway, I hope that they’re starting to get it together, over there, but who knows.

DC is just stupid . Plain and simple. A whole roster of characters and stories to explore and you can’t even do that. Some of the greatest stories are laid out in front of you and you don’t have restrictions like marvel did but you **** it up. They just don’t know what the hell they are doing and they suck

DC is just stupid . Plain and simple. A whole roster of characters and stories to explore and you can’t even do that. Some of the greatest stories are laid out in front of you and you don’t have restrictions like marvel did but you **** it up. They just don’t know what the hell they are doing and they suck

All of this

Of course it will but they won't mention any of the current dceu because this is a prequel.

Speaking of Batman I just noticed that today is the 30th anniversary of the 1989 release.

batman_1989_bus_stop_original_film_art_2000x.jpg

I for one loved seeing DKR and Death of Supes on the big screen in BvS!

Tdkr did it and while it was stupid it was done better but we don’t need a story of a an aging Batman in his first appearance in the universe.

You enjoyed that horribly rushed death of Superman story on the big screen? Seriously? It was his second movie and he was barely a veteran hero. No to mention the DC universe wasn’t even established enough for it to make a huge impact. It was absolutely a mess.

Doomsday a troll clone of zod? Really? So glad Snyder is done. He can keep crying and releasing concept art from the movie he wanted to make for the rest of his career

Back