Should Marvel Bring Back Their Classic Creator Calendars?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoldyourfireAl

Super Freak
Reaction score
Comic Pro & Member of our site ( www.statuemarvels.com),Dusty Abell, has recreated, for 2013, the Classic Marvel Creator Calendars from the 1970s & very early 1980s. Check January out:

dusty%27s%20calendar%2001.jpg

Here's some examples of the originals:

Classic%20Marvel%20Calendar%20Example-L.jpg

I was so impressed with Dusty's work & so was the original calendars' creator, Paty Cockrum, that I added a poll to our thread about Dusty's calendar. We are hoping enough folks vote so that we can get Marvel's attention! There are so many classic Marvel artists from the 1960s & 1970s still alive & not currently working for Marvel. It'd be so nice to see these folks working on our favorite characters again! So, if you are a fan of Classic Marvel & these old calendars, please take the time to vote in our poll located here:
https://www.statuemarvels.com/f496/classic-retro-themed-marvel-comics-2013-calendar-dusty-abell-21606.html

Thanks!

Al from www.statuemarvels.com

I drool over John Byrne's run on the X-MEN. Still my favorite run in comics even after all these years. I just wish SSC would release a 1/4 scale fully sculpted X-MEN line based on Byrne's art. A whole line up of the classic 80's X-MEN would be a dream come true.

Back on topic, the calendar looks pretty cool. I dig it.

Comic Pro & Member of our site ( www.statuemarvels.com),Dusty Abell, has recreated, for 2013, the Classic Marvel Creator Calendars from the 1970s & very early 1980s. Check January out:

dusty%27s%20calendar%2001.jpg

I don't think I would ever turn the page on this calender. I would just keep tearing the months off at the bottom of the calender and keep that incredible Byrne art for the entire year. The art looks phenomenal.

I don't think I would ever turn the page on this calender. I would just keep tearing the months off at the bottom of the calender and keep that incredible Byrne art for the entire year. The art looks phenomenal.

:lol

Couldn't agree more. I left comics shortly after Byrne's run on the X-MEN.

what's the point of this thread again? :dunno

Because some of us, who were kids in the 70s, loved these calendars! They had style! Unlike the modern calendars, which are just images taken from already printed comics, the artists actually came up with unique pin-ups every month. Many of us would like to see the old creators given some work & we'd love to own a modern version of these classic calendars!
:)

I guess...but it reads as a bit spammy to me :dunno

Tell that to all the out of work Marvel artists that made some of our childhoods. This would be a great way to give back to them! Remember, as you're wearing your Marvel shirts with classic images on them, purchased at Target, these creators in the 60s & 70s didn't get paid in the same universe as the modern guys.

Re-Check the thread as Dusty has now posted Feburary & March!
:)

Tell that to all the out of work Marvel artists that made some of our childhoods. This would be a great way to give back to them! Remember, as you're wearing your Marvel shirts with classic images on them, purchased at Target, these creators in the 60s & 70s didn't get paid in the same universe as the modern guys.

Maybe if you'd converse more with the members here about it & not just throw up a pic and a link, it would help your cause more. If it's for charity I would be more than happy to sticky the thread for a bit to draw some attention to it

Last edited:
Back