should Hot Toys re-do the Rocky line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now they have Arnie on board they need to DX Rocky with alternate 'street gear'.

:lecture

didn't you guys know about the ht's poll not long ago asking us which sly we want made? that's ht's marketing gimmick to hype us up. they are already planning something, n I'm optimistic there'll be a new n improved rocky.

to me, i don't look at the figures just at how they look objectively. they all have a place in history, and i kind of like seeing the evolution in these toys. it reminds of the years i've been collecting. it wouldn't bother me to display barney ross near my rocky or rambo figs. i love those earlier figs coz they were awesome for their time, and for a bit of nostalgia. hot toys seemed much more exciting back then.
I am not this way. I would happily throw my M-65 jacket Rocky head sculpt into the trash if a nice updated HT sculpt came available to replace it. I'm as nostalgic as the next guy, but only for stuff from my childhood.

:lecture

didn't you guys know about the ht's poll not long ago asking us which sly we want made? that's ht's marketing gimmick to hype us up. they are already planning something, n I'm optimistic there'll be a new n improved rocky.

yeah but didn't Rocky come in last? so they are also making a Judge Dredd and Cobra too? cool

My honest opinion is you shouldn't buy any Rocky Hot Toys, All you do is complain, the second you get them you'll be on here complaining about every little inaccuracy. Any Rocky fan would be more then happy too own all six. The Drago is the one fig that has a long neck and average sculpt, but the other 5 are great. If you're a Rocky fan and you're not one of those crazy collectors that have too have every single element 100% screen accurate, then you shouldn't have a problem with these figs. Do yourself a favor and just pass. A collector like you well never been happy with these, just my opinion, nothing personal.

You keep bring up better sculpts in the future and the line continuing in the future. Sorry but the last Hot Toys Rocky was the Rocky III Stallion version, and that was released 3 years ago, as much as I love Rocky I have too be realistic and be happy with the six that were released, and if more come down the road, then great, but after 3 years it doesn't look good. So all this future talk is just wish full thinking.

I'm a huge Rocky fan and I don't want any of the older figures. I started collecting after seeing modern quality not toys from a few years ago. Older figures have some resemblance to the character but ways off what HT does today.

I'm a huge Rocky fan and I don't want any of the older figures. I started collecting after seeing modern quality not toys from a few years ago. Older figures have some resemblance to the character but ways off what HT does today.

yeah I kind of feel this way too, I mean I just came into this hobby recently because of some the the realistic sculpts for some of the other figures like Terminator and Blade. seeing how great these are I want to move forward and see others nice pieces made, not backwards where they were just starting out and the sculpts not good, but I might have to compromise if Hot Toys will not be releasing this line again.

is it possible another company like Enterbay or Blitzway will acquire Rocky license to make their figures? I like the Jacks line and how they did almost every character but those are just toys with cluncky articulation.

They really don't have to re-do ANY Hot Toys line, as they will only piss off the collectors who faithfully bought these early figures.

They just have to add key versions of Rocky. I, myself, am more of a Rambo fan than a Rocky fan, but I have to get a Street Version Rocky at some point in my collecting life, either mass-produced figure or custom-made.

I'll wait for Hot Toys to make their move, after them releasing the Stallone survey, before deciding to have it custom-made.

I wonder who made this custom Cobra figure:

625851cobra4.jpg

Did somebody say Cobra? Now that's a fig I want!

No need to re-do anything except maybe Rocky IV,they haven't made more than 2 Rocky figures anyway.

Another guy that doesn't own a single Hot Toys Rocky but thinks the quality isn't modern:gah: Like I said the two Clubber's, Rocky IV and Rocky III are top quality. I seriously doubt that even if they made new ones that you could top the quality of the Robes and the championship belt.

I really don't get all the hate for these, it's like people think they were made in the stone age:cuckoo:

Hot toys can tease us all they want with surveys but unless they do a street version rocky it will have to be spectacular to get me to buy it.
Check this old thread, I want this so badly, this is rocky for me.
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70499

Am with you on this, this is the biggest know brainer ever:gah: I don't understand why HT didn't make this one first, it would sell out.

Someone should start a new thread on the biggest know brainer figs that haven't been made yet. Am sure that Rocky 1 in street gear would make the top 10.

I don't have any interest in these, but my answer to any question that begins with the phrase "Should Hot Toys do..." is always YES. Even if it's not something I think I'll like, they'll oftentimes pull me in anyway. I've bought Hot Toys figures from Asian movies I've never seen, so who knows? Hot Toys should do a figure for every movie imaginable. :)

Of course, my dream would be for them to do Dave Bowman and Frank Poole from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Am with you on this, this is the biggest know brainer ever:gah: I don't understand why HT didn't make this one first, it would sell out.

Seems obvious now, but back then who knows.
I'm sure that they will do it eventually though I have faith:)

Of course, my dream would be for them to do Dave Bowman and Frank Poole from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

That would be cool if they did dave in his red spacesuit, would buy that straight away, such an iconic image:)

yeah but didn't Rocky come in last? so they are also making a Judge Dredd and Cobra too? cool
i dont know who won the most votes but i believe the polling was just a stunt anyway. i think they already knew which sly they wanted to make next and the polls was just there to hype us up. just like when they did a poll asking us which marvel characters we want made, and not long after they showed us blade.

They had a poll for MJ figures after Thriller with Bad, Beat It, and Smooth Criminal as options. 1 was released, 1 is going to be released soon, and the other should be coming next year or so. Same with Terminator. They asked about T2, T1, etc., and more than one of their options either have been released or will be released soon. I figure we'll get updated Rocky as well as Cobra and possibly Judge Dredd.

Another guy that doesn't own a single Hot Toys Rocky but thinks the quality isn't modern:gah: Like I said the two Clubber's, Rocky IV and Rocky III are top quality. I seriously doubt that even if they made new ones that you could top the quality of the Robes and the championship belt.

I really don't get all the hate for these, it's like people think they were made in the stone age:cuckoo:

I don't have to own a figure to have seen it. You mention the robe and the championship belt...that's great but the most noticeable part of the figure is the head sculpt which is not up to the level of what HT produces today.

That makes me wonder.. Would anybody be interested for a custom Rocky Street Version headsculpt? I know a local sculptor who makes very good sculpts, but he prices them cheaper than the 'masters' here.

Let me have one done for myself first, and I'll show it to everyone once it's done. Right now, he's busy sculpting Big Boss (Naked Snake from Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker) for several board members here. :)

Back