Shore says he's in!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lembas Eater

I Need More Tolkien!!!!
Reaction score
Even though its seemingly stalled with the Tolkien Estate suing New Line, Howard Shore says he's going to be doing the soundtrack to THE HOBBIT, according to this report from The One Ring:

https://www.theonering.net/torwp/2008/02/24/28408-howard-shore-talks-hobbit-in-switzerland/

There had also been a hint of this on Douglas Adams' Website (author of the liner notes for LOTR: The Complete Recordings and his upcoming book on the music of the films. But its nice to hear it from Howard.

Even though its seemingly stalled with the Tolkien Estate suing New Line, Howard Shore says he's going to be doing the soundtrack to THE HOBBIT, according to this report from The One Ring:

https://www.theonering.net/torwp/2008/02/24/28408-howard-shore-talks-hobbit-in-switzerland/

There had also been a hint of this on Douglas Adams' Website (author of the liner notes for LOTR: The Complete Recordings and his upcoming book on the music of the films. But its nice to hear it from Howard.

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock
Hell yea, Shores rules. Hope he can give The Hobbit as much life as he did LoTR.

This is excellent news! Music can make or break a film, and more than almost anything else music can tie movies together. This is a massive step towards making these films work with the original LOTR in order to create a seamless, unified collection of films. Suddenly I'm much more excited than I was!

Very good news indeed! This was one of those things that worried me a little cause the sound can go a long way to giving the feel that was in the other movies even though PJ won't be directing them directly.

Good news. Now just tell me that Alan Lee and John Howe are "in" as well and all my fears will be dead.

YESS! (in gimli's voice) This is great news indeed, you can't have the hobbit without Shore's stunning music. :rock

I think it's pretty obvious that Lee and Howe will be back aswell. No-one would allow it to be any other way! They'll have as many people back from who worked on LOTR as possible.
But it's still good to hear it officially, and makes the build-up even more exciting!

The Howard Shore news is indeed welcome and tremendous. It would be difficult to imagine Middle-earth without his music to guide us through it.
But at this point I want to hear one of two things: either Warners has kicked NL to the curb, fired Shaye and settled with the Tolkien Estate, or they are proceeding full speed ahead on the HOBBIT films and will not get bogged down in court for the next three years while the films sit on the drawing boards.

We need an all systems go signal from the studio. Otherwise its just wait and wait and wait.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :monkey5

and also:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw :chew:chew:chew

Great news :google

TC

Back