She couldn't live without Facebook

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a neighbor/mother that brags that she's still lactating, but I don't think it's her kids that are doing the suckling. They're all in high school and pretty normal, so I don't know.

thou shalt not suck thy neighbor's tittieeees.

*unless she asks you too :monkey3

98% of what my friends post, like or comment on I pass over anyways. I tire of the self righteous people. And also of a buddies wife who is a breastfeeding nutbag. Had two kids and is a expert giving advice, wanting to teach others blah blah. One of their boys is almost four and still sips the nip. :cuckoo:

I'm so sick of that whole breastfeeding thing. Sick of the debate. I'm sorry, but you don't need to walk through a store breastfeeding your kid. You don't need to be doing it at the table at a restaurant either.

I could go on, but I'll shut up. :lol

Well, Facebook just did something that wants to make me remove it for a while. I'll explain later. Bed calls.

Oh no. Did your beaver hack your account?

beaver-1.jpg

Last edited:
98% of what my friends post, like or comment on I pass over anyways. I tire of the self righteous people. And also of a buddies wife who is a breastfeeding nutbag. Had two kids and is a expert giving advice, wanting to teach others blah blah. One of their boys is almost four and still sips the nip. :cuckoo:

Breastfeeding zealots are even worse in person than in Facebook. Try telling a La Leche League nazi in the maternity unit that you've decided to bottle feed your newborn. I'd recommend arming yourself first ... because they're not leaving unless you put 'em on a stretcher.

SnakeDoc

Some women believe in eating their own placenta after birth too.

Pretty gross.

Breastfeeding zealots are even worse in person than in Facebook. Try telling a La Leche League nazi in the maternity unit that you've decided to bottle feed your newborn. I'd recommend arming yourself first ... because they're not leaving unless you put 'em on a stretcher.

SnakeDoc

Breastfeeding is the only right way. It is the only perfect nutrition for babies and also imparts natural immunity to diseases along with supplying human growth hormone to facilitate proper growth rate. There is also the human bonding aspect that supports human empathy in human beings from the very beginning.

Everything other than breastfeeding is a compromise and a second best at best. It is nature's design. Anyone who does not believe in breastfeeding should have had an android instead of a baby.

Some women believe in eating their own placenta after birth too.

Pretty gross.

It isn't just the women who produced it. It is a delicacy in some countries, sold at high prices as a super "health food". Men and women alike have partaken in that disgusting thing.

Breastfeeding is the only right way. It is the only perfect nutrition for babies and also imparts natural immunity to diseases along with supplying human growth hormone to facilitate proper growth rate. There is also the human bonding aspect that supports human empathy in human beings from the very beginning.

Everything other than breastfeeding is a compromise and a second best at best. It is nature's design. Anyone who does not believe in breastfeeding should have had an android instead of a baby.

Luckily, I'm always armed. Heh.

Not all women can breastfeed. Slamming that kind of propaganda against a weeping hormonal woman with bleeding nipples, while she's holding a hungry screaming newborn, doesn't do any good for anybody. It just makes her feel inadequate. I made that clear to the La Leche zealots when I forcefully threw them out of a hospital room three times. Didn't even let 'em get that far with the next two kids.

My three bottle-fed kids are plenty healthy, plenty immune, plenty grown, and plenty bonded. Thanks. Save your breastfeeding evangelism for a more welcoming audience. I've heard it before, and I don't care. Shove your "only right way".

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
I made that clear to the La Leche zealots when I forcefully threw them out of a hospital room three times. Didn't even let 'em get that far with the next two kids.

Good for you. Zealots have no place in hospitals.

Didn't know you could have a baby. :dunno

Secondly, a lot of women can't breast feed for one reason or another.

It isn't just the women who produced it. It is a delicacy in some countries, sold at high prices as a super "health food". Men and women alike have partaken in that disgusting thing.

Just pass me the ice cream. Forgot that crap! :monkey4

Not all women can breastfeed. Slamming that kind of propaganda against a weeping hormonal woman with bleeding nipples, while she's holding a hungry screaming newborn, doesn't do any good for anybody. It just makes her feel inadequate. I made that clear to the La Leche zealots when I forcefully threw them out of a hospital room three times. Didn't even let 'em get that far with the next two kids.

My three bottle-fed kids are plenty healthy, plenty immune, plenty grown, and plenty bonded. Thanks. Save your breastfeeding evangelism for a more welcoming audience. I've heard it before, and I don't care. Shove your "only right way".

SnakeDoc

:hi5: :yess: :yess: :yess:

Didn't know you could have a baby. :dunno

Secondly, a lot of women can't breast feed for one reason or another.
]

I can't, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't know about breastfeeding.

The fact that some women can't breastfeed doesn't mean that breastfeeding isn't the best way to feed a baby. It just means that they can't do it.
Not everyone can do things the best.

Breastfeeding is how human beings have been raised for thousands of years, and it would be unwise to tamper with human evolution or tamper with long term survival by feeding from a bottle of fortified cow's milk, or even soy milk if the teat is available, and a mother can produce wholesome milk.

SnakeDoc
You tamper with human survival, undermining the mechanism of nature as if your ego knows better than tens of thousands of years of human evolution.
If breastfeeding isn't possible, you do what you can, but suggesting that a bottle is as good as breastfeeding is absurd.
Even your argument about the health and bonding of your children isn't scientific, because you don't know how much better off they would have been had they been breastfed even in your particular situation.

Bottlefeeding in lieu of breastfeeding is to play God as if somehow you or the inventors of formula understand a baby's nutritional needs as well as nature for tens of thousands of years. It is arrogant and short sighted.
The argument you make is so ludicrous, illogical and without long term proof, that it has no real merit.

By the way, type 1 diabetes is caused by bottle feeding cow's milk based formula, because it causes an autoimmune reaction resulting in the human body killing the cells that create insulin.

Perhaps you didn't know that type 1 diabetes is caused by cow's milk based formula?

""Studies have suggested that bovine serum albumin is the milk protein responsible for the onset of diabetes... Patients with insulin- dependent diabetes mellitus produce antibodies to cow milk proteins that participate in the development of islet dysfunction... Taken as a whole, our findings suggest that an active response in patients with IDDM (to the bovine protein) is a feature of the autoimmune response."

New England Journal of Medicine, July 30, 1992

"In lieu of the recent evidence that cow's milk protein may be implicated in the pathogenesis of diabetes mellitus, we believe that the Committee on Nutrition should clarify whether cow's milk is ever appropriate for children and whether or not infant formulas that are based on cow's milk protein are appropriate alternatives to breast milk."

Pediatrics, July, 1992: 89

"Antibodies to bovine beta-casein are present in over a third of IDDM patients and relatively non-existent in healthy individuals."

LANCET, October, 1996, 348

"Cow's milk proteins are unique in one respect: in industrialized countries they are the first foreign proteins entering the infant gut, since most formulations for babies are cow milk-based. The first pilot stage of our IDD prevention study found that oral exposure to dairy milk proteins in infancy resulted in both cellular and immune response...this suggests the possible importance of the gut immune system to the pathogenesis of IDD."

LANCET, Dec 14, 1996

"Introduction of dairy products and high milk consumption during childhood may increase the child's risk of developing juvenile diabetes."

Diabetologia 1994;37(4):381-387

"These new studies, and more than 20 well-documented previous ones, have prompted one researcher to say the link between milk and juvenile diabetes is 'very solid'."

Diabetes Care 1994;17(12) "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back