She couldn't live without Facebook

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncanny Web-Slinger

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2477401/Teenager-killed-parents-banned-Facebook.html

This is incredibly sad. Such a pointless loss of life.

There must have been some underlining issues with this young woman, but with the level of essentialness soceity have for using the Internet and various sites like Facebook it's not hard to imagine this kind of thing happening more if many were restricted.

Think about it this way. How often do you not see teenagers on their smartphones or tablets these days?

They've become THE big holiday season gifts for kids as young as 5.

The internet has become such a key part of life now that there are more and more people who can't really "live" without it.
Not in the literal sense for most of the world but with most people it's become an essential and in extreme cases something people are so addicted to they feel they can't live without it, such was the case with this young woman.

I honestly don't see how people can get so addicted to it.

If it could have sex with you and bake you cookies, then maybe.

I'm not going to waste my time and analyze her head problems. But, that kid had some issues :duh. Wow, what a waste of a good life. And what an utterly selfish thing to do, to put her parents through all that grief and suffering. I hope she's in a better place in the afterlife - hopefully, without Internet access...

Whats also sad is people read these sad newspapers. How can anyone read the dailyfail... or any of those rags.

Socializing is perceived to be a fundamental human need, and if Facebook was her primary outlet and was deprived of it, then she was deprived of human attention by people she wanted to stay connected to that gave richness to her life.

Clearly, she derived so much of her fulfillment in life from this that without it, she felt life was hopeless and killed herself.
Also, something obviously drove her to Facebook, which was a lack of real fulfilling connection with people she knew face to face.

It seems like her parents weren't exactly the most easy to get along with, and drove her to Facebook as a substitute for in person human connection.

Arguably, the existence of Facebook makes it so easy to connect with other in a certain way that they don't see the need to develop in person relationships in order to derive a feeling of fulfillment because of human connection.

I blame the parents.
Had they understood, or at least bothered to be concerned about their daughter's distress about losing access to Facebook, she would never have killed herself.
Cutting off Facebook or the computer isn't going to make a significant difference in scholastic performance unless the time spent on it leave no time for school.
People need to be happy to be motivated, and some people just don't understand that. Happiness yields superior performance.
Depressed people don't want to do anything.
Dumb parents who think they know more than they do.

kids do stupid things.

I remember when some girl killed herself because they did not let her go to a Shakira Concert.

I remember another girl Tried to do the same because of a Gaga concert.

And even Michael Jackson's daughter tried to commit suicide because they didn't let her go to a Marilyn Manson show....

I don't think is so much about facebook itself but about how kids obsess so much over silly stuff. Like a website or a concert.

If it could have sex with you and bake you cookies, then maybe.

PM sent.
claw_shifty.gif
:monkey3

But if you sign-up today they'll throw in a probability of STDs for FREE!

The world is f'd, I don't even have a fb, remember when you used to go to a friends house or actually talk in person...

Also hate people who watch E and obsess over such bull... OMG Miley Cyrus done this and that... Who gives a F, she isn't bothering me why does it matter, she can do what she wants, rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back