Premium Format SHARD Court of the Dead Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shard looked pretty good. I think Kier, Siren, and Queen are better though...then again, I'm not getting any of these:lol

shard-1.jpg

shard-2.jpg

shard-3.jpg

shard-4.jpg

Meh, she doesn't fit in with the COTD pieces, she just looks like a generic female character from a fantasy computer game.

I think that's whats holding me back. Looks fantastic, but does she fit in with the rest.... I'm not so sure.

She's part if the side that's going up against the Court...not sure how it's that hard to understand. I also don't get how she doesn't fit in with the line? The base is pure horror/cryptic, her armor suits the look and feel of the entire line, and her face also blends in with the style of the rest. I mean, she could be the Queen's sister! :lol

That last part likely isn't true, but I don't understand the criticism that she doesn't fit in with the line. This is exactly how I'd picture a human warrior/rogue/assassin to look in the world of the Court of the Dead. Hell, this piece does nothing for me and I still think it's an awesome addition for fans of the line! If you're just collecting pieces that look interesting, then that's all good, but for those reading the comics and short stories they put out (which I don't) then there's probably more of a connection with the world than just "generic female." I'm sure there'll be more to follow.

I took some pics Thursday and think I may have to get her to go with Queen and Kier. I really like how she turned out.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yeah, if you've been collecting CotD, and have a few pieces, she came out great to continue the line moving forward! She's attractive, yet badass, and fits in really well with the thematic elements of the series! If I was into this line, she'd be a no-brainer!

Shard is a lovely sculpt, I really like her yet as others have mentioned, she's rather generic in a way too.

I'm a little worried they'll tone down her furrowed brow as they did with Machiko. I can hear it now: "She's female.... let's not make her look too powerful, like she has agency. Someone might get scared." Bleh. Boring. This is the 21st century.

How would any mortal step into the presence of Death personified, and remain living? But that to the side, this really is a great statue and if she had a compelling enough backstory, I could see her joining my collection.

She'll definitely be joining my collection. I love the design.

Oh, and great pics again Zod. I think I've saved all of your photos from the pieces I plan on getting.

Thanks! I'm glad they turned out ok for everyone.

The more I look at her, the more I want her. As long as her PO price isn't something ridiculous I'll get her.

Back