Premium Format Shaak Ti Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what I mean is that these are non-essential items that we all are fortunate enough to be able to purchase. works of art is a bit of a stretch in my opinion, but to each his own.

I call my vehicle my "toy" as well. I don't think that makes it less valuable to me (and I don't mean $$).

but whatever we call them, they are really cool. :clap

"That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

I think the problem alot of people have with this isn't that it is sexed up, but that its not very accurate to the movies. I think the same people criticizing this piece would be just as critical if the Aayla Secura PF had her wearing traditional jedi pants and tunic. It's not accurate to the character.

"That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."

I think the problem alot of people have with this isn't that it is sexed up, but that its not very accurate to the movies. I think the same people criticizing this piece would be just as critical if the Aayla Secura PF had her wearing traditional jedi pants and tunic. It's not accurate to the character.

Oh but it, it's based on the Force Unleashed appearance of Shaak Ti. Which is by far much more interesting than her slim movie appearance ever was.

I know, but I think the movies are far more popular than the EU. If they want to do two versions like they did with Maul I think that's awesome, but this is a bit disappointing.

It doesn't matter how little screen time the PT jedi got. They have become icons regardless, and there is a strong fan base for their film semblance.

It doesn't matter how little screen time the PT jedi got. They have become icons regardless, and there is a strong fan base for their film semblance.

Yea I dunno about that, to an extent it can be true. I wouldn't call them icons, just fan favorites. Just as Boba did when he was just a minor character but has since become a staple of SW lore. I don't think these of these jedi will be held in the same boat 30 years later.

Even after Fett got taken out like a punk, and made to be far less than the ultimate badass he was projected as in ESB, he still retained his allure.

Aayla Secura, Shaak Ti, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Luminara Unduli, Mace Windu all have cult followings of their own and if their names fall to the wayside, it will be with Star Wars as a whole. The jedi were the highlight of the PT, fans never got enough and lack of resolution is the kind of thing that either keeps people interested long-term, or persuades them to write off the character straight out of the gate. The ones who don't will stay because most of the time, they have a favorite and they have reasons that are independent of the movies.

Give it time. It was even said in the video the are looking at getting into more of the female characters from EU. To me that sounds like they are heading in that direction. If that what sells I guess I can't argue with that.

SS just don't forget that your market goes beyond the straight male. And yes I would of purchased her with movie accurate screen costume.

Sideshow wont forget the main characters. And anyhow, look how much they have progressed in doing statues.

Fett is still amazingly popular. Why the heck do you think they made Jango Fett? And with the Clone Wars giving more focus to these small background Jedi I don't see their popularity falling off at all. And if it does her Force Unleashed presence is going to be forgotten long before he screen presence.

Even after Fett got taken out like a punk, and made to be far less than the ultimate badass he was projected as in ESB, he still retained his allure.

Aayla Secura, Shaak Ti, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Luminara Unduli, Mace Windu all have cult followings of their own and if their names fall to the wayside, it will be with Star Wars as a whole. The jedi were the highlight of the PT, fans never got enough and lack of resolution is the kind of thing that either keeps people interested long-term, or persuades them to write off the character straight out of the gate. The ones who don't will stay because most of the time, they have a favorite and they have reasons that are independent of the movies.

I dunno I felt the jedi were really underdeveloped in PT. Of course everyone is going to have their favorite jedi. But I can't see any of them reaching the status that some of the characters have.

Were they any more undeveloped than Boba Fett? Hammerhead? Even Lando, for that matter. Character development has never really been a strong point for Star Wars movies.

Were they any more undeveloped than Boba Fett? Hammerhead? Even Lando, for that matter. Character development has never really been a strong point for Star Wars movies.

Yea, but that's not my overall point when dealing with the Shaak Ti PF.

Her Force Unleashed appearance is by far more interesting than her movie one. Not only in terms of her newer sexier outfit, but the complex of her being one of the last remaining jedi now.

Character development has never really been a strong point for the Prequel Star Wars movies. Luke, Leia, Ben, and Han were like our best friends growing up, you could totally relate to them and they felt real.

Besides the point. We cannot compare these second rate jedi to the classic characters people have know to love over the last 30.

I'm not comparing background characters to main characters (who were all still pretty shallow/one-dimensional in both trilogies).

I'm going to disagree on that because the OT main characters had heart and soul, the PT ones were all kind of cut and dry, very two dimensional. But that is a different argument all together.

SW has always seen it's most obscure characters become it's fan favorites, from Boba fett, to Greedo to most of the Cantina Creatures. Those characters are what help make Star Wars what it is.

But all I'm doing here is defending SS's decision to make a EU/TFU Shaak Ti as opposed to a film accurate one and why it makes sense.

It makes sense because she's hot and sex sells. People who were already devout fans of the character prior to the video game have little to no interest in this version, unless it's not the only version.

I have no interest in PF pieces, but I'm disappointed to hear that it's based on her TFU, rather than her film appearances.

It makes sense because she's hot and sex sells. People who were already devout fans of the character prior to the video game have little to no interest in this version, unless it's not the only version.

But if they are fans of the character before the game, and they see their favorite little sexy jedi looking all bad ass and half naked, no doubt their pants will get tighter and the wallets thinner.

Shaak Ti Pf .. ?

If this is to early for a Thread for her.. please Mods sorry and delete..

otherwise...

if this is the sketch of the Shaak Ti Premium Format ... I would be in heaven !!!!!

ScreenShot2012-06-08at94902AM.png

Back