Premium Format Shaak Ti Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new lightsabers are the best. They look like lightsabers when on. The older clear colored plastic ones NEVER look like lightsabers. They look like colored plastic rods. The old ones look like toys. Better to have no lit saber than to have a saber hilt with a colored plastic rod.
The color on the old unlit sabers is NOT correct. The color on the new lit sabers IS correct. There is no comparison.

I agree that the tip should be colored to match the blade, though.

Yeah, the older looks like colored plastic, obviously is that they are. And the Premium Formats looks like collectibles and not real things because we talk about statues ( Plastic, PVC, ABS, Polystone... ). I don´t have any problem with the plastic I guess. In the same way that the new lightsaber still don´t look like "real" lightsabers. You think that they have the correct colors ? When is on maybe in some point, but when is off ( the most part of time I guess ) the new lightsaber seem more false to me that the old ones, a white tube with a hollow inside.

Last edited:
It's difficult to find a happy medium with the current lightsaber tech. I mean, you can't have it the correct color when off as well as when it's on.
Any coloring or paint will affect the brightness when it's turned on. You'll lose that glowing effect around the lights edges.

There is another solution:
They can make an electrical contact at the emitter end that's similar to having to screw in a lightbulb. Instead, you screw in the current lightsaber tube. When displayed off, you screw in a colored tube into the emitter end.

I'm not even sure this is possible because I don't know if the current lightsaber technology is using cold cathode tubes or some other method.

Yeah I wish there would be an option to take off the tubes

Exactly!

Is the same case with Darth Vader Cinemaquette, when the saber is ignited we have a cool sith lightsaber, when is off Vader stand with a white tube of kitchen´s fluorescent in the hand.

I prefer the tube off in this cases.

Last edited:
Yeah, the older looks like colored plastic, obviously is that they are. And the Premium Formats looks like collectibles and not real things because we talk about statues ( Plastic, PVC, ABS, Polystone... ). I don´t have any problem with the plastic I guess. In the same way that the new lightsaber still don´t look like "real" lightsabers. You think that they have the correct colors ? When is on maybe in some point, but when is off ( the most part of time I guess ) the new lightsaber seem more false to me that the old ones, a white tube with a hollow inside.
Well sure, the new lightsabers don't look great off, but you see, when a lightsaber blade is lit, it's LIT. When a lightsaber is off, there is no visible blade at all. because of that, the only right way to display a lightsaber when the blade is visible is when it is LIT. I think the color is pretty close, but close to what color blue? It looks like light blue, but it does look like a real lightsaber lit up.
When the blade is unlit, there should be no visible blade.

Last edited:
It's difficult to find a happy medium with the current lightsaber tech. I mean, you can't have it the correct color when off as well as when it's on.
Any coloring or paint will affect the brightness when it's turned on. You'll lose that glowing effect around the lights edges.

There is another solution:
They can make an electrical contact at the emitter end that's similar to having to screw in a lightbulb. Instead, you screw in the current lightsaber tube. When displayed off, you screw in a colored tube into the emitter end.

I'm not even sure this is possible because I don't know if the current lightsaber technology is using cold cathode tubes or some other method.
Just make another hand with unlight blade. The saber won't look right if the tube is removed. The emitter hole will be too big

Well sure, the new lightsabers don't look great off, but you see, when a lightsaber blade is lit, it's LIT. When a lightsaber is off, there is no visible blade at all. because of that, the only right way to display a lightsaber when the blade is visible is when it is LIT.
When the blade is unlit, there should be no visible blade.

With the new tech we have a invisible blade when the lightsaber is off ? We have a visible blade without colour. Oh sorry, a visible blade of white color.

The extra hand with unlight saber is a option that I prefer, yes.

Thanks for posting all the great pics everyone! :duff

:lecture Can't argue that.

Satele Shan
Mara Jade
Ahsoka Tano

I would say Luminara, but she wears too much clothes.
Same with Barriss Offee. :lol

:rock:rock:rock

I love that wish list! :yess:

The box is fugly but the statue is gorgeous. Can't wait till next week to get mine.

You're not displaying the box, Jason! :thwak :wink1: :nana:

Wow. I finally saw some of the pics and she looks awesome! Congrats centurion, action and rome.

Can't wait to get mine monday.

Yeah I wish there would be an option to take off the tubes

That would be ideal.

Hopefully the next Jedi or Sith after Malgus.
Sideshow should continue to improve their technology/materials if they continue to increase their prices.

Just make another hand with unlight blade. The saber won't look right if the tube is removed. The emitter hole will be too big

But that was just a rough example. So, OK, not a screw-in type like a light bulb, but a small plug-in port much like the plug underneath Shaak's foot... but smaller.

You plug in the tube when you want a lit display. Unplug the tube and you're left with the emitter hole when unlit. The issue is, can this be done with a cold cathode tube?

I love that wish list! :yess:
It's just a dream at this point, but yeah that would awesome. :hi5:

Darth Snoopy said:
You're not displaying the box, Jason! :thwak :wink1: :nana:
I'm glad someone said it. :lol

Wow. I finally saw some of the pics and she looks awesome! Congrats centurion, action and rome.

Can't wait to get mine monday.
Hope you get a satisfactory piece too. So far, the feedback has been very positive.

But that was just a rough example. So, OK, not a screw-in type like a light bulb, but a small plug-in port much like the plug underneath Shaak's foot... but smaller.

You plug in the tube when you want a lit display. Unplug the tube and you're left with the emitter hole when unlit. The issue is, can this be done with a cold cathode tube?

I didn't feel what the tube is made out of, but if it's glass, and you have to press fit it into the hilt, that makes breakage and injury likely. You would need to half twist it in carefully, much like a fluorescent light tube.
As long as the tube is self contained, and it plugs into the hilt where it makes contact with the electrical current, a removable tube should work.

However, durability is an issue, as well as getting fingerprints on the tube and needing to clean them off, lest they burn in.
With the whole hand removable, you never need to touch the tube.
I really think a removable hand is simpler, not to mention possible for this very statue by a customizer.

I didn't feel what the tube is made out of, but if it's glass, and you have to press fit it into the hilt, that makes breakage and injury likely. You would need to half twist it in carefully, much like a fluorescent light tube.
As long as the tube is self contained, and it plugs into the hilt where it makes contact with the electrical current, a removable tube should work.

However, durability is an issue, as well as getting fingerprints on the tube and needing to clean them off, lest they burn in.
With the whole hand removable, you never need to touch the tube.
I really think a removable hand is simpler, not to mention possible for this very statue by a customizer.

Ah, there we have it! Makes sense to me. :hi5:
I really wish Sideshow would implement this or something similar along this line for their next Jedi/Sith.

:lecture Can't argue that.

Satele Shan
Mara Jade
Ahsoka Tano

I would say Luminara, but she wears too much clothes.
Same with Barriss Offee. :lol
I like Satele Shan because her outfit is a sexy and interesting design.
Satele Shan
Bastila Shan, since I love KOTOR and Bastila has a neat outfit.
Atris, from KOTOR 2, because she has a neat look, with the white robes with the intricate subtle design on them. Very classy. Her outfit is my favorite as far as classic shaped Jedi outfits.
Speaking of KOTOR 2, I wouldn't mind a Visas Marr.
Mara Jade is an interesting choice, but she needs a visually interesting outfit, not a simple black tank top and skin tight pants.

If Ashoka Tano was done realistically and was as well done as Shaak Ti, I would consider her.

Ah, there we have it! Makes sense to me. :hi5:
I really wish Sideshow would implement this or something similar along this line for their next Jedi/Sith.

I wouldn't mind additional saber colors, either. Interchangable hands with two colors, one for light side, one for dark.
Blue/red, orange/purple, ect.

601 in the house! Looks awesome, light works like a dream. Working on photos with our other lovely blue jedi.

I'd highly suggest people use another brand of batteries then what sideshow provided to avoid future problems.

601 in the house! Looks awesome, light works like a dream. Working on photos with our other lovely blue jedi.

I'd highly suggest people use another brand of batteries then what sideshow provided to avoid future problems.

I like Eneloop batteries. They last long and can be recharged up to 1,000 times. I have used them for 4 years and am very satisfied so far.

Back