SETTLE IT: Medieval Kurgan - 12" or PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12" or 1/4 scale PF Medieval Kurgan?

• Total voters
I have to say that I would prefer a 12" Kurgan to close out the line. Having said that, I would LOVE to see a Origins Kurgan in PF. The level of detail that Sideshow could achieve in PF would be mind blowing. There would be no force on earth that could stop me from purchasing either version of an Origins Kurgan.

I guess the proper question is..."Which should Sideshow release FIRST, PF Kurgan or 12" Kurgan".....

Gotta be a twelve. I need a bad**s Medieval Kurgan to lop of those Origins MacLeod boys' heads. :devil

I'm baised because I don't buy 1/4 scale stuff so 12inch. However the whole line (all 5 figures) are 12inch's tall so I'm going to have to go with 1/6 scale for both of those reasons. Hey, maybe when Highlander:the source comes out that will renew interest in the Highlander line?

denger4000 said:
...Hey, maybe when Highlander:the source comes out that will renew interest in the Highlander line?

I seriously hope you are kidding about that....

decadentdave said:
Oh dear God help us, not ANOTHER pathetic Highlander sequel! There can be only ONE!

:lol :rock :rock :rock..No more Crappy sequel please.

So what the hell was the whole point of the Gathering anyway? Connor gets the Prize and all of the sudden we have all of these other immortals coming out of the woodwork who were apparently "asleep" in the Sanctuary and forgot about the Gathering? Makes no sense to me.

It's funny, In a matter of seconds I remember why I don't like most of the Highlander "fans"(and I use that term as loose as possible) on this board, although some are cool, like DarkArtist.

any way to explain Connor winning the prize, short answer is he didn't and he's the dead.

The long answer is, Panzer and Davis didn't plan on making sequels but the demand was there, so they made Highlander 2, which was a huge mistake, so scratch that, it was just a dream. Then they made Highlander 3, which was a cheesey version of the first movie, although fun at points. During this time they thought hey, how about a show? Lambert didn't want in, thankfully, so they got the more gifted Adrian Paul to star. I have to admit, at this point the first movie and the show are the only really good things about Highlander. I love how the show explored the methology of the unvivese. After the show ended they made Endgame which I also like a lot.

So, yes, Highlander the source is coming out and a lot of us Highlander fans (by fans I mean people who like more then the first movie) are quite excited.

denger4000 said:
It's funny, In a matter of seconds I remember why I don't like most of the Highlander "fans"(and I use that term as loose as possible) on this board, although some are cool, like DarkArtist.

any way to explain Connor winning the prize, short answer is he didn't and he's the dead.....
Well thank goodness you're here to tell us these things. Here I thought I was a fan... Apparently most of us are dorky tourists. :confused:

Its okay to like the other stuff Denger... we're only f'n with you since you seem to like to debate the merits of the TV show. I just like the first movie... and I'm still a fan just like you are a fan of the first movie, TV show and Endgame.

Its all good, well at least the first movie :D

galactiboy said:
Its okay to like the other stuff Denger... we're only f'n with you since you seem to like to debate the merits of the TV show. I just like the first movie... and I'm still a fan just like you are a fan of the first movie, TV show and Endgame.

Its all good, well at least the first movie :D

To be honest the show is my favorite thing about Highlander, But any way, A lot of fans on the Offical Highlander board didn't even know about the sideshow stuff, so I think the source may get interest towards the line and possibly sideshow will make more stuff, hopfully Kurgan and others. I'll buy anything Highlander to be honest.

denger4000 said:

DA would be cool even if he didn't like Highlander.

...I have to admit, at this point the first movie and the show are the only really good things about Highlander. I love how the show explored the methology of the unvivese. After the show ended they made Endgame which I also like a lot.

So, yes, Highlander the source is coming out and a lot of us Highlander fans (by fans I mean people who like more then the first movie) are quite excited.

My tastes mirror yours. I love the first movie, but love the TV show just as much, maybe even more. I didn't watch much in the beginning, because it was pretty weak at first. Years later, I caught up and it's a great addition to the mythos. Lambert was great in the first movie, but Paul really made that character his own and turned Duncan into a much richer character than Conner got to be in the movies.

I'm looking forward to The Source. It could suck; 50% of the movies do. However, I'm optimistic that it'll be really good and we'll get a few more movies out of the franchise.

My Neca Medieval Connor/Kurgan 2-pack arrives tomorrow. I can't wait.

Wow guys..... thanks... :lol

My angle on the Highlander thing is... That while the whole idea of the series is kinda going against the first movie... I still think it had it's good times. And I liked Duncan, not as much as Connor, but still a great character nontheless.

Not a big fan of the series, but I guess it all comes down to taste and matter of opinion.

And it's nice to know that I am thought of in a good light, even with running late on every paint job I do and being generally broke all the time.. :D

Back