Serious question about toy guns...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CelticPredator

Super Freak
Reaction score
Mabye anyone who is a police officer could help me, but I need to film a scene for my movie, in a public place, with toy guns...and yes they would have to look "real". However, if I had someone like a police officer with me while filming it (I know someone...but he's busy a lot), would that be ok to do?

Mabye anyone who is a police officer could help me, but I need to film a scene for my movie, in a public place, with toy guns...and yes they would have to look "real". However, if I had someone like a police officer with me while filming it (I know someone...but he's busy a lot), would that be ok to do?

Wouldn't that be a question for the Police Officer and not a bunch of dudes on an internet toy message board?:lol:lol:lol

You definently need to ask this Police Officer that you know, there are many laws regarding replica firearms, the last thing you want is the cops to show up.

Yes. :lol

But...I want to know soonish...and like I said, the only police dude I know, is busy a lot. So I figure i'd give it a whirl. Cops sometimes go on message boards...toy ones...
:monkey3

I did this a lot when I was young and ambitious.

I say just go for it. If you're on a "set" and you're shooting I think it will be pretty obvious to passerbys and even authorities that the weapons are not real.

We would always use those CO2 pellet guns. With a fresh cartridge (and no pellets of course) they even shoot out a nice little puff of smoke when fired.

I want to take the chance...but kids have been killed doing stuff like this. Not just killed, but blown away. From ages 12, to 17....and upwards...I dont want to die making a James Bond movie for fun! :horror

You'll definitely need to get permit for that type of shenanigans. Inciting a panic was a big deal pre-9/11, puling that ^^^^ now will get you thrown in gitmo. (okay, not really, but you get the idea)

kids have been killed doing stuff like this

And then there's that.

I did this a lot when I was young and ambitious.

I say just go for it. If you're on a "set" and you're shooting I think it will be pretty obvious to passerbys and even authorities that the weapons are not real.

We would always use those CO2 pellet guns. With a fresh cartridge (and no pellets of course) they even shoot out a nice little puff of smoke when fired.

Coming soon to youtube, CelticP gets tazed.:lol:lol:lol

Ok. Now where would I get a permit? Police, city's hall...? Court house?

Depends on your city/town. Give city hall a call and they should be able to let you know. Just tell them you're looking to get a permit for filming. Again, depending on your city/town, the cost will vary. In my village, the cost is nothing, in the city, the price goes up.

Coming soon to youtube, CelticP gets tazed.:lol:lol:lol

:lol :lol :lol Now that needs a camera man whose on the ball, and something I would love to see on youtube.

Don't you think it would be best to, go to your local police station and let them know what you intend doing, and giving them plenty of notice when you are likely to want to be filming. Ask them what you need to do to enable your project to go ahead smoothly. Are you wanting the traffic stopped? Will you be interfering in people going about the normal course of their lives etc? Tell them about wanting to use replica weapons. They may even be able to help you out there. They might need some time to get back to you.

:lol :lol :lol Now that needs a camera man whose on the ball, and something I would love to see on youtube.

Don't you think it would be best to, go to your local police station and let them know what you intend doing, and giving them plenty of notice when you are likely to want to be filming. Ask them what you need to do to enable your project to go ahead smoothly. Are you wanting the traffic stopped? Will you be interfering in people going about the normal course of their lives etc? Tell them about wanting to use replica weapons. They may even be able to help you out there. They might need some time to get back to you.

It would probably interfere with other people...i'm doing it by a light rail station...kinda like this one...

000_0131.jpg

I think i'll try to find the officer tomorrow....we'll see.

That would be rich!

Yeah, Celtic--I went to City Hall and asked about a permit. They told me I didn't need one. :lol

This is a small town, though. You better give it a shot.

I'm going in a big town...very popular too....so I dont think it'd work as well...plus Im in Colorado....and you all know what that means. :rolleyes:

What exacly? And so do I.....I could find a way to make the scene work...but it would be a little complicated..

What exacly? And so do I.....I could find a way to make the scene work...but it would be a little complicated..

Stick with it.

I wake up at least three times a week and kick myself in the balls for not going to film school.

Doing that kind of stuff (filming, not ball-kicking) will keep you motivated.

Back