Serious question about toy guns...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont want to get shot though...see, this isnt "Oh I could get in trouble kind of thing" this is a " I could actually die from doing this".

Get the permit. With the permit you can put up signs and tape and whatever. Make as big of a commotion as possible so people know what's going on. All this will probably be explained when you get the permit.

Somehow I think watching Celtic getting tazed would be better than the actual film being made. :lol

It would probably interfere with other people...i'm doing it by a light rail station...kinda like this one...

000_0131.jpg

I think i'll try to find the officer tomorrow....we'll see.

What difference does it make how light the rail station is? If someone wants to sue you, you better have your rear covered. You'd have to be plain dumb to go into this without knowing the consequences.

You're just worried about getting shot, when after it's done, you may wish you had. Who cares what one officer might tell you. Go to the film site's local council and police station. Check what the rail authority has to say about this sort of thing. Know your rights and what restrictions there may be. The police may have to attend. You may need a medical person present. You may have to get insurance to cover the actors etc, and any possibility of getting sued.

:lol You thought you could just walk in and walk out. You're playing with the big boys now. You may even be told not to worry about much of that and to have fun, all I'm saying is find out first. Ignorance is no excuse.

Once you know what's what, you may want to better plan this for a, run in, shoot, and run out, caper. Have a few mates with signs, warning the public, and placed strategically out of shot. Beware of the CCT camera's or you'll still get done.

What exacly? And so do I.....I could find a way to make the scene work...but it would be a little complicated..

I just see a lot of things that could go wrong. Like even if you have signs that its for a movie someone may still cause a panic. Or even with a permit a Barney Fife style cop gets a little too jumpy and cause some legal problems. But don't listen to me because I tend to be a pessimist. And I think the advice everyone is giving you about looking in to the facts and the permits etc is good solid advice. Mostly I would say just be very, very careful and make sure you have all your ducks in a row. And good luck with it, sounds like its going to be interesting to see.

this was filmed 20 mins after celtics film scene

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/vVB-B55zxd8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/vVB-B55zxd8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:lol:lol:lol:lol

What difference does it make how light the rail station is? If someone wants to sue you, you better have your rear covered. You'd have to be plain dumb to go into this without knowing the consequences.

You're just worried about getting shot, when after it's done, you may wish you had. Who cares what one officer might tell you. Go to the film site's local council and police station. Check what the rail authority has to say about this sort of thing. Know your rights and what restrictions there may be. The police may have to attend. You may need a medical person present. You may have to get insurance to cover the actors etc, and any possibility of getting sued.

:lol You thought you could just walk in and walk out. You're playing with the big boys now. You may even be told not to worry about much of that and to have fun, all I'm saying is find out first. Ignorance is no excuse.

Once you know what's what, you may want to better plan this for a, run in, shoot, and run out, caper. Have a few mates with signs, warning the public, and placed strategically out of shot. Beware of the CCT camera's or you'll still get done.

What?

That seemed very harsh for no reason.....

Im doing this somewhere else for now, to test it out. Then i'll get a permit and refilm it another day.

this was filmed 20 mins after celtics film scene

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/vVB-B55zxd8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/vVB-B55zxd8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:lol:lol:lol:lol

:lol:lol seriously!

I did have guns in the scene, but I found easy in and out ways to hide them. But for now, i'll see if the scene works, and then i'll get a permit. (It will be filmed elsewhere. A safer area).

Quite well! :D

Who's stupid enough to do that? I mean, I was going to film the gun stuff at angles that allowed me to have it fit the scene with seamless editing.

I think I've told this story here before but...I have first hand experience with this. You definitely want to have an off-duty cop in uniform doing security for you, you need to get permitted by the city and make sure the cop alerts the cops that you'll be using fake guns in a motion picture shoot.

When I did it, I got permits, but it was all inside so I didn't think I needed security. But someone driving by saw in a window and thought a stick up was going on. We had lights all over the place and it was obvious that it was a movie being filmed, but that didn't matter. We were surrounded by cops. We didn't notice until they called the diner where we were filming (it was about 1 am). You haven't lived until you've had about 6 shot guns pointed at you as you walk outside into a city street waving the filming permit over your head.

No guns. Believe it.

Yikes. Thats horrible.

Yeah, I've figured out a clever way to add the guns in. I said the angle thing, and then also blue screen. Get the shot with an actor wearing a blue glove, holding his hands like a gun. Shoot it again with no actors, remove the blue, then film the gun on a blue or green screen, composite it in, and wham! No issue. Although the actor has to stay VERY still.

(It'll be a wide shot between two people, so nothing will get in the way.)

But yeah, im getting a permit. And an off duty cop to come with me when I film the fighting stuff.

Back