Sentinel Maquette .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks fantastic so far
I know i'm probably in the minority when i say this but i'm hoping this is an open ES...would really like to get it but would have to wait till a later date...would be nice to know that it'll be available sometime down the line

Well, well, well...in my best Joel Gurtner voice. I'm in if it is not open edition but I figure it will be. My bet is it will be the same basic size as Galactus, open edition, no EX, and $800-$1000.

damn, came out of left field but looks sweet. Will be exciting to see the full reveal.

I would agree you are seriously FKD my Friend, your only saving grace is some of those are in the future, If a piece doesn't give you the WOW! Factor, don't buy it, if the piece is questionable and wish to see in-hand pics before you pull the trigger, like me with Jean Grey, wait

wise words for anyone new to this hobby.

An amazing piece I'm probably gonna get this and it'll be my first maquette, the wallet is definitely gonna take a huge hit but its gonna be worth it. Also I hope that is bad boy lights up more than the Galactus does.

Interested to see more of this. These huge maquette are expensive so I don't know about actually getting one of these for now but I'm excited to see this.

As much as I'm not a fan of lights on statues, I think it's not good to have a feature that has a tendency to spontaneously stop working and immediately devalue an otherwise perfectly fine statue... I couldn't imagine this without lights. A sentinel should have lights.

There probably won't be an Ex but there could be some switch out, like Galactus had the Heralds. Maybe a switch out hand for this one? Can't wait to see more.

Wold be great to see a few of these characters show up at Comicon as WIPs. I would not be surprised to see several concept sketches especially with XM Studios coming up and Gentle Giant trying to break in a little more (although not terribly successfully).

I was actually anticipating this piece when they unveiled Galactus couple years ago. I honestly didn't think I'd keep buying SSC products after Jean and Apocalypse.

Things always come down to quality, scale, and price so I have an idea of where I want to hedge my collection.

List of possible unveils in the next two years I'd like to see, Daredevil and Bullseye are off the list now.

Looking forward to:

Kitty Pryde PF
Nightcrawler PF
Phoenix PF / Dark Phoenix PF
Magneto PF
Juggernaut PF

Sentinel Maquette
Wolverine (90s era brown suit)
Storm (90s era silver costume)
Iceman
Beast
Archangel

Bishop / Jubilee / Professor X (one of those)
Giant Man LSB with Wasp
Spider-Man PF
Loki Comiquette
Mr. Sinister Comiquette
Emma Frost PF
Cable PF
Thanos PF
Ghost Rider on Hellcycle (orange flame Ketch/blue flame Blaze variant)
Moon Knight, Dr Strange, Iron Fist, Nova, Luke Cage are all in the air and secondary to the above mentioned.

The only way to do it man, so glad they didn't go the movie route.

CURSE YOU SIDESHOW FOR TAKING ADVANTAGE OF MY CHILDHOOD NASTALGIA.
giphy.gif

X-men Cartoon was my first exposure to super heroes. And there's been no looking back since!

I'm not very familiar with Maquettes nor even Comiquettes since I am still new to collecting but are Maquettes always huge statues and pricey?
I'm a 1/6 collector mostly and I would really love to add this guy, but I do hope he isn't too huge and expensive to fit my budget and display cab :<

I'm not very familiar with Maquettes nor even Comiquettes since I am still new to collecting but are Maquettes always huge statues and pricey?
I'm a 1/6 collector mostly and I would really love to add this guy, but I do hope he isn't too huge and expensive to fit my budget and display cab :<

There's no confirmed word yet, but my best guess is that it will be 1/4 scale. But very large like 30+ inches.

There's no confirmed word yet, but my best guess is that it will be 1/4 scale. But very large like 30+ inches.

This thing would have to be about 5 feet tall to be 1/4 scale. That's why they labeled it a maquette...so it doesn't have to be 1/4 scale. This will more than likely clock in at around 3 feet. It will look good with Bowen and Koto pieces but won't stand a chance at mixing in well with PFs. The same holds true for the Galactus Maquette.

wise words for anyone new to this hobby.

Thank You my Friend

The only way to do it man, so glad they didn't go the movie route.

I want one of the 70s Movie Sentinels :pfft:

Purist :lol:lol:lol
Be Cool Web-Slinger

This thing would have to be about 5 feet tall to be 1/4 scale. That's why they labeled it a maquette...so it doesn't have to be 1/4 scale. This will more than likely clock in at around 3 feet. It will look good with Bowen and Koto pieces but won't stand a chance at mixing in well with PFs. The same holds true for the Galactus Maquette.

I can live with 3' ft. and being a Maquette is not a problem either, as far as I am concerned it is a Win Win, the only thing that is going to make this Fail for myself is No Light Up, Price and if there is an EX it would be something I would never display, like for example pony-tail Jean Grey.

Al

This may you to familiarize yourself with certain terminology Maxwell and he would fit real nice with 1/6 scale and Welcome to the Show

2hykj82.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Be Cool
Al

Back