Sentinel Maquette .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Canadian dollars.

$899.99 US (x1.38) = $1,241.98
$87.00 US (x1.38) for shipping = $120.00
$171.00 cdn for duties and taxes

total = $1,532.98 cdn total

God that's brutal!!!!!!!!!!

OUCH

I got mine for $850 shipped, and that still seemed like a lot. No way I could justify 1500+!

Arrived today. Everything works. Really like the custom base concept. Storm would be a great third figure so there will be a female in the mix, but I'd like to see the dio expand even more with destroyed Sentinel parts and more X-Men like Cyclops, Colossus, Rogue, Archangel, etc.
Archangel would be awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

So Canadians are screwed buying ss, prime 1 and Xm? With the extra fees? And I thought we had it so bad in the usa. At least for us SS and prime 1 is consider retail. Yes over priced but still retail.

Well.......................

Opened my $1,500.00 statue. I can't find a thing wrong with it! All lights work. Paint is great! #102 out of 750. I must say, I love this guy, but I regret buying it for the money. I had one spot to fill in my toy room for a piece this tall so mission accomplished there I guess. I have a feeling a year from now there will be a few people that regret not buying this at the already high price but in time I think this is going to go up in value a bit which makes me feel a bit better. It's a beast and looks great next to Galactus, Planet Hulk, and Apocalypse.

First a fantastic Galactus. Then an uncanny Sentinel. Makes me wonder what SS could create for their next "1/6 friendly" maquette.

Fin Fang Foom (prefer the original design myself) and the Midgard Serpent come to mind. Although I doubt either is popular enough outside of fanboy circles to get green lit. Onslaught would be great as his threat brought the attention of the Marvel universe - although there is Disney's anti-mutant stance which could prove messy.

Anyone have some ideas?

1187567-fullstature.jpg
674229-foom_1.jpg

191765-169203-midgard-serpent.jpg
2643238-onslaught.jpg

So Canadians are screwed buying ss, prime 1 and Xm? With the extra fees? And I thought we had it so bad in the usa. At least for us SS and prime 1 is consider retail. Yes over priced but still retail.

I am just a lot more picky. Something has to either have a tiny edition size or blow me out of the water for me to order now.

The dilemma for Canadians is that once the loonie bounces back, you will be taking a financial hit if you have to sell anything.

I am just a lot more picky. Something has to either have a tiny edition size or blow me out of the water for me to order now.

The dilemma for Canadians is that once the loonie bounces back, you will be taking a financial hit if you have to sell anything.

Well said, I totally agree with you. I do the same with XM as well. The fees, and shipping just kills us all.

I got this today and Its funny to me that on this guy SS put the foam corners and bagged the box but not on Thor who's box is a little less than half the size. My shipper was still beat to **** and the foam corners looked like they exploded BUT the art box was mint the statue was mint. I gotta say I love this sentinel, it looks so dam bad ass. I do not really like the alternate head on him but laying as a destroyed head I love it. The adjustable head is also awesome for getting him to look a specific way in your display. The lights are nice and strong and pop when on to give a great presence, when they are off the overspray and color where they would shine still looks nice and doesn't look like something is off or missing. This goes great with 1/4 x-men or as I will be displaying it 1/6 x-men. I have him next to Apoc and side by side they both look like they are about to annihilate the x-men. Ill update as I usually do after a few weeks once its on my shelf how I feel about it.

How do you even display such a large piece? Custom built dais?

With a 30" clearance and 17" depth. :wink1:

I got this today and Its funny to me that on this guy SS put the foam corners and bagged the box but not on Thor who's box is a little less than half the size. My shipper was still beat to **** and the foam corners looked like they exploded BUT the art box was mint the statue was mint. I gotta say I love this sentinel, it looks so dam bad ass. I do not really like the alternate head on him but laying as a destroyed head I love it. The adjustable head is also awesome for getting him to look a specific way in your display. The lights are nice and strong and pop when on to give a great presence, when they are off the overspray and color where they would shine still looks nice and doesn't look like something is off or missing. This goes great with 1/4 x-men or as I will be displaying it 1/6 x-men. I have him next to Apoc and side by side they both look like they are about to annihilate the x-men. Ill update as I usually do after a few weeks once its on my shelf how I feel about it.

Congrats, Koopa. This guy has to be 2015's sleeper hit. I hoped it would be good, but it's just amazing in person. Aside from some unfortunate breaks on delivery, it looks like the paints have been consistently good. And a low ES of 750. Really pulling for a strong showing on the SF contests.

Looking forward to your overall review, and maybe some pics. :clap

With a 30" clearance and 17" depth. :wink1:

Congrats, Koopa. This guy has to be 2015's sleeper hit. I hoped it would be good, but it's just amazing in person. Aside from some unfortunate breaks on delivery, it looks like the paints have been consistently good. And a low ES of 750. Really pulling for a strong showing on the SF contests.

Looking forward to your overall review, and maybe some pics. :clap

Sorry I didn't post pics I was just lazy because I was moving a lot of my collection around and this is a temporary place but here are some with and without light. I wanted to show off the articulation of the head in the dark photos. The range of up and down as well is nice but not shown. I should start doing reviews huh... maybe I dont know. Anyway the pics!

IMG_2139.jpgIMG_2140.jpgIMG_2149.jpgIMG_2148.jpgIMG_2150.jpg

Awesome pics, Koopa. Especially side by side with Apocalypse.

Couldn't help myself. :wink1:

"Scanning for threats."

sentinel%20scan_zpstlzkfzge.gif

He looks almost the same size as Apoc. For 900.00 and shipping I thought he would be bigger in person.

he comes with an additional light up head. The heads are heavy, and again he lights up.

Volume wise its comparable to Apocalypse, but Sentinel has more of a presence.

I can't say I disagree. He doesn't "feel" like just under a grand (with shipping) worth of product. These things are quite overpriced.

But I do like mine quite a bit.

(My Apocalypse doesn't come close to feeling worth $600. He's a purchase I regret, and keep him boxed up.)

Back