Semi-finished snow diorama! Critique welcome!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpawnFan

Super Freak
Reaction score
So here is my Blanc de Plume "Neige Noir" diorama based on this painting by Ashley Wood;

studiotoday2.jpg

DSC02453.jpg

DSC02464.jpg

DSC02439.jpg

DSC02442.jpg

Thanks for looking and any critique on the diorama is welcome! :D

fantastic!!!! any way of adding icicles to the barrel? also, maybe dirtying up the snow just a tiny bit. but outside of that, awesomeness!!

Looks awesome!!!! my critique would be to detail the pipe work coming out of the ground,
from the painting it looks like a huge American WW2 - modern Howitzer gun...love these works though full of atmosphere...

Thanks for the compliments everyone! :D

fantastic!!!! any way of adding icicles to the barrel? also, maybe dirtying up the snow just a tiny bit. but outside of that, awesomeness!!

Yeah I am gonna add some oilstains to the snow, I could do icicles but since they are not on the painting I am not sure if I want to add that or not. Thanks for the suggestion though, I will definitely look into it.

Looks awesome!!!! my critique would be to detail the pipe work coming out of the ground,
from the painting it looks like a huge American WW2 - modern Howitzer gun...love these works though full of atmosphere...

Detail it how? I did weather it already but I am stuck on what I need to add to it...

I'll try to find some pics for you, I recognise the gun just don't know the name of it , again awesome work!!

Can't find any images of the gun I'm thinking of but here are some of basic artillery, luckily most of the detail is below the snow line, but just adding a small amount of the shattered carriage would push this diorama over the edge..

I've added some pics of some pieces

Last edited:
Thanks Bob. ;)

And shocktrooper, the cannon is attached to the bothead Blanc is standing on, it is not a mobile artillery gun like the one you got pics of. I am gonna add some more tubes and paint them and break some open and have some wires sticking out if I can get that to look proper though.

Back