Semi-articulated 1/6th scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think?

• Awful any way you look at it.

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Well, I guess its a necessary evil for some stuff.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I can care less.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I rather collect statues because I'm too insecure to admit I like dolls.

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

ProgMatinee

circlesendwheretheybegin
Reaction score
What do you guys think of these semi-static/semi-articulated figures?

First HT Tron Cycle now Iron Man, seems to be appropriate for some items but hopefully not a growing trend.

I wouldn't put the tron bike in the same category as this new Ironman statue thing, it's a vehicle, the unarticulated figure that it came with was just necessary.

I don't have a problem with it per se. I can't see it being anything but yet more Iron Man figures though.

It might be appropriate for Robocop too since inevitably there'll be some poses a normal action figure just can't quite nail.

I see what you mean with the lightcycle, but I included it due to the modular nature of the figure, using removable limbs rather than articulation.

I could see them doing some Nolan Batman stuff in PPS, stationary figurines in scene specific poses

With the amount of *****ing about how Bane can't do the 'like a boss' pose they may very well do that.

I think the weirdest part is doing it with figures like Iron Man and Tron which look basically the same either way. Its not like either would have hideous joints showing everywhere.

A shirtless character with no joints or at least someone where it would improve the look to have it 'semi-articulated' would be more interesting.

A shirtless character with no joints or at least someone where it would improve the look to have it 'semi-articulated' would be more interesting.

You're onto something there. Alright HT make me these:

t2_mq_031_zps8ff9a3da.jpg

term_26_zps262f0883.jpg

No need for genitals, stick some bermuda shorts on them and provide some environment with them.

Ewwww, a naked Arnold statue? STAP IT!

If it don't have joints, don't bother I say. Leave it to, you know, actual statue companies to make statues and busts.

That said, I do have those two 1/4 Batman and Joker busts they made back in 2008 for the Dark Knight and that one Endo they made. I paid way less than retail though since nobody seemed to want em. They're pretty nice as shelf filler, but are still pretty lame.

They should just stick with actual figures. Stop the statue, figurine, cosbaby, bust and 1/4 crap and focus all efforts on 1/6. Imagine all the great stuff they could produce if they focused primarily on what made them so great, 12", 1/6 figures. Larger selection, better figures, more time to spend on the lines that people really care about.

Only statues they should make are "riders", or figures that can't be posed for certain situations like Flynn for his cycle, or a "sitting" Batman for vehicles, etc. etc.

I could see them doing some Nolan Batman stuff in PPS, stationary figurines in scene specific poses

With the amount of *****ing about how Bane can't do the 'like a boss' pose they may very well do that.

I said it before, and i'll say it again - New series, SPS (Squatting Pose Series) for TDK and/or OC batman with wired cape. The diorama could be a piece of roof(TDK scene Gordon's house) , building or railing (subway, when he rescued Rachel from the thugs). That is something that cant be achieved by the action figure, and none of the statue manufacturers have done it so far.

I'll buy both version. :lecture

The figure that came with the light cycle stopped me dead in buying it. I picked up the cycle and was quite impressed, then I found out the figure was the way it was. So I said I didnt want it anymore.

Back