Securing resin head to body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drod26

Super Freak
Reaction score
I need help on securing a resin head to a ss body. I know how to drill the hole but the head wont stay on.:monkey2

Can someone tell me what they have done to make this work?

Glue, gel type. It's a LIFESAVER when it comes to attaching heads. They go on, and they NEVER come off. :rock

It's best to put the glue on the neck post, around the bottom rim. And then put the head on and hold it down from the top of the head until it dries. Or at least until it's solid enough.

also invest in a super glue accelerator spray, that will also save you a lot of glued fingers and multiple attempts. You put the glue on, attach said item, and spray... one second later.. it's dry and you can move on.

I prefer my hot glue gun actualy.drill hole in head, fill hole with hot glue, push in neck plug, and let cool/dry. after it's dry, trim the excess hot glue off with a hobby knife, and if you ever need to get it off the nec post, you can still boil and pop.

I use Loc-Tite superglue, the kind with the little brush. It's strong enough to hold the head on, but if you ever decide you want to take it off, apply a little heat with a hairdryer and just a little gentle force and it'll still pop off.

Back