SDCC what will we see??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sticking with Snowtrooper and Hoth Rebel Soldier... and maybe Emperor in throne chair as the big surprise, even if it doesn't fit in with the ESB theme so much.

Just a wishful guess.

Next year's SDCC = Boba Fett and ESB Vader.

I'm not feeling the Hoth stuff yet. Is there an ESB theme I didn't hear about?

I'll still say Emperor, throne, royal guards, and Tarkin.

There will more likely be a Rebel or alien, but I keep up my OT Imperial hopes.

Hmmm...

Boba - nope
Bossk - nope
Yoda - nope

really only leaves Hoth stuff. Veers? too soon after Piett. Bespin Leia? Maybe but I still think they're holding back many of the female characters because they're working on a female Pro - nothing to base that on though.

Despite the Hoth gap and aliens, I think there's more big hitters left from RotJ.
Forget Jabba, I want that Emperor & throne setup!

Hm
Despite the Hoth gap and aliens, I think there's more big hitters left from RotJ.
Forget Jabba, I want that Emperor & throne setup!

That was my other guess: Emperor on throne chair. That would be awesome!

Dream compare:

SDCC 2008......SDCC 2009
Vader.............Emperor on chair
Stormtrooper...Snowtrooper
Rebel Fleet......Hoth Soldier

I know ROTJ Emperor and ESB guys don't mix, but hey the Emperor was in ESB for the first time (at one time).

I bet they do something straight ahead and easy like an orange pauldron sandtrooper or some sort of variant.

:mad:

What makes you say that?

I don't think they're going to tackle him yet or any alien with specialized arms, feet, hammerheads and the like. But who knows? Just my gut feeling. I think Greedo is the most likely next alien and he's really no different than Plo or Ki. Bossk's arms and legs are a little tricker. Plus I don't think they're ready to do flight suits yet. So flight suits (xwing Luke) then armor (Fett) then odd arms and such (Bossk) then specialized bodies (3po) then Chewie (2012?) as the top of the mountain, is my guess the way things will go.

That makes sense. I hadn't thought about the flight suit, and they've said rebel pilots would not be turning up this year. I've always expected Bossk to show up around the same time as Fett, as I never thought of the limbs as being all that difficult, but the flight suit never struck me as anything more than just another costume. With any luck that's all the trouble it will presesnt.

I think he's a better figure to announce with Boba than Jango would be. I wonder if they're thinking the same way, or if they're on the same track as everyone else, hoping that two nearly identical figures arrive simultaneously (Boba & Jango). I hope not.

Back