SDCC speculation and (eventually) photo catch all

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to upload a few of the dslr shots I took. Let me know what you guys would like to see more of.
IMG_1572-01.jpg
IMG_1421-01.jpgIMG_1417-01.jpgIMG_1433-01.jpgIMG_1566-01.jpg

Thanks for the great pics ArtDamage! :yess:

Urg the more I see that T'Challa on Throne figure, the more I think I want it!! :slap

T'Chaka on the throne would be such a gem to display. And yes, I mean T'Chaka, not T'Challa.

Is it common that they reveal a lot of new figures of the couple of days? I don't recall that from last year.

I always forget every year. I can't remember if they add to the booth every day. I hope they do, since they said more announcements are coming on their FB this morning.

I know this is in the Marvel section, but I can't find another thread that's as alive as this one...

But where the hell is all the DC stuff??

There's no Justice League pictures anywhere, no 1/4 Joker, no new DC announcements outside of the Arkham games which I don't want to collect.

I think a lot of the figures they've announced are quite lackluster, some variations of characters in costumes that aren't their most iconic that you would usually collect on lower priced figures just to have all the variants. Uninteresting (for me at least) side characters. Then there's new figures which I'm hoping are the equivelant of pre-alpha game footage - John Wick for example, really hoping that isn't the final headsculpt as it looks nothing like him. I'm at mega salty now.

Can't remember if last year they slowly revealed everything, but if this is it then jeeez... at least I won't be poor next year, but still disappointed. Only real interest I have is for a couple of figures here.

The Iron Man accessory set looks awful, I didn't really like the weapons in the film, but here they just look extremely toyish, and for some reason the Iron Man itself looks rubbish for a die cast.

At the very least I'm hoping for some near final JL figures now... hopefully some surprises thrown in also. The secret new 1/4 Iron Man?

So did the Justice League line just get canceled or something lol

(That's sarcasm folks)

I get what your saying. But hot toys has to produce these prototypes to see if they will get approved, and often a year before a film hits theaters. Unless people only wanted iron man and Cap, and I mean only, or figures to ship 3 years after a film hits theaters and only getting shown at least a full year after it hits theaters then the occasional unproduced figures gonna happen. There would be no sdcc or any other con because a figure would just go up for order after it’s approved and never do a tease.

Just the nature of business really. Hot toys produces way more of their prototypes then most industry leaders. Look at video games that are teased and never made. Concept cars that are at auto shows and never produced. Tvs and tech at e3 that never hit market. Just the way things go.

It would be great if everything they show gets made. But a lot of that stuff is beyond their control or influenced by things like screen time, final cuts of films, box office success, likeness rights issues, licneinsing approvals and production lead time of a year or more to make a prototype and another 8-12 months to produce the actual figure. Unless they only ever made prototypes after a film is out at the worldwide box office and only home run figures that will still sell two to four years after the film is out it’s just not really an option. It may sound silly but making these little figures is insanely complicated and vastly dependent on how things outside of their control go.

I get what you're saying, but Hot Toys will always be just a little bit in the doghouse with me until they give us a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman.

I get what you're saying, but Hot Toys will always be just a little bit in the doghouse with me until they give us a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman.

Yes, spoken with truth!!

Blitzway has been showing some pretty amazing items. Their Godfather is crazy. On-Par with Hot Toys I would say.

The fact that the Justice League figures aren't even on display is a bit of a concern.

Tactical Batman is already "past due" compared to what it was originally suppose to be released. In saying that the JL Batman release date is approaching and not seeing them at SDCC is a tad concerning.

The only Justice League figure they've shown thus far is the Aquaman head lol

Back